Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tra fest 2008

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Sully wrote: »
    No point in asking local businesses to sponsor you no?
    Pubs have been contributing significant amounts to this all along, perhaps they don't feel it is of enough benefit to them to contribute any more

It doesnt bring a lot to many other businesses in the town, apart from perhaps take-aways, accomodation and off-licences, so maybe the majority of businesses in the town don't feel like they should contribute towards it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Pubs have been contributing significant amounts to this all along, perhaps they don't feel it is of enough benefit to them to contribute any more

I didn't go to Tra Fest from the time it stopped being on the streets and having worked during the festival, I know the pubs are mobbed. They had bands in themselves so people went from the street into the pub. I would be very surprised to think they didn't get much out of it!
    It doesnt bring a lot to many other businesses in the town, apart from perhaps take-aways, accomodation and off-licences, so maybe the majority of businesses in the town don't feel like they should contribute towards it

Tramore is made up of accommodation, pubs, off-licenses, restaurants and take ways (oh and estate agents :P). The large majority of businesses in Tramore should do well, as the Tra Fest draws in a crowd (and could draw in a bigger crowd if it was promoted well).

Perhaps South East Tourism or some big tourism group like that could be a big sponsor?

Advertisement