Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anybody else Disappointed with MS Server 2K8 Launch Today..,?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

WTF - Only a Head Shot counts when your dealing with ZOMBIES.....
    Has anyone else tried using their free copy of VS Studio 2008 with their SQL Server 2008 CTP?

cos you CANT :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

pwd wrote: »
    Has anyone else tried using their free copy of VS Studio 2008 with their SQL Server 2008 CTP?

cos you CANT :mad:

Yes you can. I have VS 2008 working with SQL Server 2008, both obtained from the Heros thingy.

If yours isn't working, then you are doing it wrong. This is not the place to solve your specific issue but as a hint, MS turned off remote access to SQL Server from SQL2005. You have to enable the SQL Browser service and the TCP Stack. Google is your friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I just installed the pro version instead and used the patch (which is incompatible with the standard version).

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a999c84f-0fe5-4926-a1bf-4730d1caa98c&DisplayLang=en

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭homer911

Meh.
    Just to say that if anyone still has a Vista Ultimate disc, you have until 30th June 2009 to register for a product key. I think the 365 license is not physically enforced with this key, more of a legal obligation/opt out.

(The disc got me out of a hole after my Vista Home Premium crashed and the factory restore didnt work!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

hey people,

has anyone had issues with the ultimate the received?

I powered on the laptop I'm running x64 version for the first time in about 6 weeks only to be told that I needed to activate windows.

this was my second install using the disk on the same machine and the last time I had the laptop on, vista was activated.

had to ring MS to get it activated but there was no problems there.

just a heads up I guess and just curious is anyone else has had problems lately?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,380 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

regarding the above post, thought that this was a 32bit version if I remember right

have this installed on a pc for the last few months and never had an issue with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

regarding the above post, thought that this was a 32bit version if I remember right

have this installed on a pc for the last few months and never had an issue with it

It was 32 bit but the code works on a 64 bit install. No issues here with it and I've reinstalled it a few times. I'm about to replace it with Sabayon Linux in the next few days.

Advertisement