Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy XI online...poor graphics problem

Options
  • 11-03-2008 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

I just bought the 5 euro starter pack which has the three expansion packs also on the cd. I have not installed the expansions yet. When i finished downloading the pathches the opening sequence begins with poor enough graphics which i can expect for such an old game. But tell me this. the graphics when i do start the game are dire compared to WOW. But before i even get into the game all the text in the start screen is barely visible (cause its off white) and things just look crappy visually.

Are the graphics this bad because i have not yet installed the three expansions that come on the cd? Do i have to install all three and register them individually? Will the graphics improve if i do install them.

I have gone into the configuration settings which have limited options for fixing the graphics.

I have a v.fast comp with quad processor and 8800 graphics card so that def aint the problem.

Any help guys would be much appreciated as i have always been a big FF fan=)

Advertisement