Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra Ghost in Ms. Pac Man Cabinet

Options
  • 11-03-2008 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

From here: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=77668.0
    I saw this posted for a free Ms. Pac Man in Boston

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/zip/601115305.html

I sent a message to see if anyone had claimed it and if they had any pics. I got a response back saying that it was available but no pictures. I emailed back asking why they where getting rid of it for free. Here is the response I got.

"When I bought this machine the previous owner told me it was haunted. I laughed, didn't believe him, because I didn't believe in that sort of thing.

Got a bad feeling the day it was delivered. Game started on its own in the middle of the night several times, had a tech service the machine three times (very pricy housecalls), but he couldn't find the problem.

Three-year old daughter started talking about the "man in the video machine", didn't think much of it, then my wife saw a dark figure move across the basement and into the machine. She ran out of the house, would not return until the machine was out of the house. I moved it to my business garage (two miles away), and several times I have opened the garage to find tools missing or scattered, things tipped over.

This is why I am giving away a $1000 machine for free."

Seems crazy to me... I'd love to have a haunted something or other in my house.. especially if it was a retro arcade classic.

Anyway.... good excuse to use the Pac Man smiley...

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Sure all you'd have to do is look at the highscore screen to get the ghosts name and then organise an exorcism(or not). :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well if Craigs List is to be beleived... someone did indeed take the cabinet off their hands... and now they want rid of it too:
    Free arcade game Ms Pacman. We got this game yesterday from CL. The owner warned us this was haunted and based on what we experienced last night we don't want this in our house anymore.
    Game is in our backyard and under blue tarp. THE FIRST person who picks it up gets it. The person who takes it must understand this is not a joke but that this is serious.

WE WILL NOT ANSWER YOU E-MAILS OR QUESTIONS. WE DON"T WANT TO GIVE OUR ADDRESS OUT TO THOUISANDS OF STRANGERS. WE WILL PICK ONE PERSON, WE WILL CONTACT THAT PERSON ONLY. WE WILL REMOVE THE AD FROM CRASGS LIST WHEN THIS MACHINE IS GONE.

The plot thickens...
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

You get 200 for killing(?) the first ghost, 400 the next, then 800 and you get 1600 for bagging the last guy. So the ghost thats haunting the machine, this new guy - who is now ghost number 5 must be 3200. The time factor will leave it tough but you could hope to get at least 2 maybe 3 of those 3200 every board meaning you could quite easily improve your score by 100000 without playing any beter. Great. Assuming Ghost 5 gets in to the spirit of things. And doesnt kill you. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

knird evol wrote: »
    You get 200 for killing(?) the first ghost, 400 the next, then 800 and you get 1600 for bagging the last guy. So the ghost thats haunting the machine, this new guy - who is now ghost number 5 must be 3200. The time factor will leave it tough but you could hope to get at least 2 maybe 3 of those 3200 every board meaning you could quite easily improve your score by 100000 without playing any beter. Great. Assuming Ghost 5 gets in to the spirit of things. And doesnt kill you. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Maybe there's a really small angry man inside there freaking people out!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Dashticle

Guessing to be some sort of e-hoax/experiment in people's gullibility.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,602 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

i would have thought this was a bit of a gimmick (like the painting "Hands beneath him") but seeing as its free...

i wonder if the cabinet allows you to change the ROMs? I always wanted a Paperboy arcade machine

faceman wrote: »
    i wonder if the cabinet allows you to change the ROMs? I always wanted a Paperboy arcade machine
    Grrr the course at the end of the levels!! Anyhoos you can (usually) swap the boards out - my papa used to fix them in the 80s

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

tk123 wrote: »
    Grrr the course at the end of the levels!! Anyhoos you can (usually) swap the boards out - my papa used to fix them in the 80s

has he any left, I'd love space invaders, or that pheonix one

Stoner wrote: »
    has he any left, I'd love space invaders, or that pheonix one

I think they're all gone - i'll ask him..

Advertisement