Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

About Avantasia...

• 11-03-2008 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Is there anyone who know about Avantasia?

Avantasia is the metal opera project group from Germany.

This Epic band was formed by Tobias Sammet who is a frontman of the

Edguy that the metal band from Germany as well.

I'm a big fan about them.

Their music is kinda European Power Metal. They released new material

called "The Scarecrow" including 1st single "Lost In Space" in January.

If anyone who intereted in them, Try listening to their masterpiece

"The Metal Opera part 1", "The Metal Opera part 2" as well as "The

Scarecrow"

Actually, I'd rather like power metal. but you know this genre is minor and it doesn't have many fans than the others. I live in

Dublin, and maybe we can talk about them.

Let's Rock!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Yep, I've got Metal Opera pt1 and 2. I haven't listened to them in a long time so I wouldn't call myself a big fan of them or anything.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Have both parts of the metal opera, its quite good, but its no Edguy. Havent gotten round to listening to the new stuff yet.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Really like this band - have Metal Opera part 1 & 2 and have The Scarecrow on order with cdwow for the last few weeks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Wow never thought id see this mentioned here! Im actually really into them love edguy and also have the 3 metal operas including the 2 lost in space ep's....Oral you wont be dissapointed its a cracker of an album sammet's class on it but i think jorn lande steals the show on some of the tracks! This album really highlights tobys talent for writing songs! Also the new album would be more commercial sounding as in it has power metal elements but also some straight up heavy metal and hard rock great mix and well worth the listen...pheew just read back over that and i sound like some kinda pr rep for the band lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

They're playing Sweden Rock Festival this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

there playin a whole heap of festivals i think there headlining one of the nights a wacken dont qoute me on that one tho...id love to get to sweden rock but im still waiting to see what day the lads from glyder are playin because i will more than likely head over with them...great line up aswell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Yeah, hoping they'll be announced for either Graspop or Bloodstock. Don't think I'm going to Wacken this year. Don't think I've seen them live either - although I could well have seen them - alzheimers is setting in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Ikey82

That's great news! I'd love to go there.

I hope many guest appear on the stage with tobias.

Advertisement