Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kjw P226

Options
  • 11-03-2008 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

I received my shiny new KJW Sig P226 from AirsoftEire today along with an extra magazine. But there's a problem :(
    The magazines keep falling out! It seems like they just don't lock into it when you insert them. If I fire it without holding my hand over the bottom of the grip the mag will drop a few centimetres. If I shake it a bit the same thing will happen.

Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Are you giving them a good slap in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

take off the slide and then fit the mag, that way you should be able to see the catch that holds it in and be able to see why its not locking in.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah, tried giving them a good slap in. No difference. As soon as I fire 1 BB it drops out about a centimetre.

I loaded a mag with the slide off, as far as I can see the catch only barely sticks out far enough to hold it in, so when i fire it just drops off the catch :/

Strange. I've been slapping the mags in and out. The odd time it will hold them dead solid. I fired off a whole mag of BBs and it stayed put. Refilled the mag and it fell out again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Stephen wrote: »
    Strange. I've been slapping the mags in and out. The odd time it will hold them dead solid. I fired off a whole mag of BBs and it stayed put. Refilled the mag and it fell out again :mad:

Hey Stephen, first thing is relax. if theres a major problem with the piece Airsofteire will sort it.

As Vtec was saying, if your ok removing the slide, you should clearly see the how the mag locks in, it might be a case of a gentle tweak, If in any doubt, contact the guys at Airsofteire.com. they'll sort it out.

• Advertisement

I think its just a bedding in kind of thing. It seems to be catching properly now after a few more cycles!

Stephen wrote: »
    I think its just a bedding in kind of thing. It seems to be catching properly now after a few more cycles!

The mag release catch/mechinism might loosen up with a shot of silicone spray, don't be tempted to use WD 40, it's the Devil to Airsoft pieces or anything like that. Silicone is the way with these pieces, as general lubes eat the rubbers, hop ups and internal seals.

3-in-1 do an aerosol of silicone, that might sort it out for ya, if it doesn't relax, theres enough of us in here to help ya, and failing that, the lads at Airsofteire.com will be there to lend a hand.;)

Thought I should update this thread - the magazine locks in properly every single time now.

phew :)

Kudos to Steve at airsofteire too, he was super fast responding to my email.

Nice one Steven, glad it all worked out. The lads at Airsofteire are the bizz alright. Just curious, are you using 134a or green gas?

Green gas. Abbey predator ultra. From what I read about this GBB its better with green gas because of the heavy metal slide.

• Advertisement
Advertisement