Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interactive lamp/buttons

Options
  • 11-03-2008 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

Hey guys - I'm newish to web design, learning as I go along, but can't figure out how to do this ...

I have a graphic of a studio lamp and 6 buttons - the idea being that the lamp moves its head and shines a light down on the buttons as the mouse hovers over them.

Now, I have the photoshop files and light paths done out perfectly, but am having trouble splitting the images up so the user can interact with them. Would it be html or a swf/fla job?

I know how to make rollover images, and link them, but I'd hav to split up the light beam graphic (took ages to make) to do this.

Any ideas? Probably didn't explain it too well - can upload pics if need be ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Sounds like flash or javascript would be the handiest.

6 different versions of the lamp image, each pointing a different way, with maybe an initial one assigned to the background image of an element. Six 'buttons' underneath. Bit of javascript to tell the element to switch it's background image when the corresponding button has been pressed / hovered over.

Probably easy enough with jQuery or a similar JavaScript library.

Advertisement