Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so they closed my current account

Options
  • 11-03-2008 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

went to the bank on friday to change my address and close my loan account.
    checked my 365 on sunday and my current account was gone!
    was away with work yesterday so only got around to checking it out today.

apparently the idiot in the branch "accidentally" closed my account, whats worse is i cant reopen it, i have to get a new one!

im so annoyed :(
    my easypass has been disabled because a DD failed and my access to usenet will be revoked when the DD for that fails.
    i had 2 SOs due to go out this week which are going to lead to angry phone calls from people that are supposed to get that money.

i just cant believe this could happen.

at least i dont have to worry about being put out when i switch banks tomorrow :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

The account should have rejected because unless the account closes with a zero balance, it should always reject. TBH, its a fairly big mistake to make and if I was you I would be taking it up with the customer service manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

yeah, my gf works in a bank and cant figure out how it could have happened.
    it wasnt customer service that did it, it was branch staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

I'd say what they did was close the current account and transfer the money to the loan account. From my experience the staff in bank branches are paid peanuts and you can guess the rest. I worked for 12 or 13 years in bank branches and would have been seriously reprimanded for a stunt like that.
    The funds will be in the loan account which will now be in credit. What you should be able to do if you know the standing order details is do a transfer to those accounts on the day that they are due. If the accounts are in the same bank then they will take affect immediately.
    Serious inconvenience and hassle for you and you should get a grovelling apology. Mind you,you probably won't. The banks are so intent on maximising profit that they can live with complaints. Customer service is the first to go when profit becomes the priority.

Advertisement