Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long?

Options
  • 11-03-2008 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Just wondering, how much are all yee peeps studying now? How many hours a night? how much at weekends?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

do 2 hours after school study monday to thursday then about 1 to 2 hours when i get home.

and saturday morning from around 9-1 in study in tutorial...

the rest of the weekend varies

its working for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 klassykieran

i do 4 hours after school study on mondays,tuesdays and thursdays,2 hours on wednesdays and fridays. I try to get a couple hours in on saturday afternoon,but my weekends are mainly occupied by sleeping,goin to the gym and hangin out with friends so nothing gets done. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Reading this forum makes me feel lazy.

Since getting home from school today, I've played Audiosurf, and eaten things, and done about a page of homework. Hmm.

I'm gonna start with the proper study after Easter. Lately I find just getting my homework done is tiring enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Reading this forum makes me feel lazy.

Since getting home from school today, I've played Audiosurf, and eaten things, and done about a page of homework. Hmm.

I'm gonna start with the proper study after Easter. Lately I find just getting my homework done is tiring enough.

Me too. I only tend to study/revise coming up to tests. I just about get my homework done every night. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Peopl, you dont need to bne doing hours of study. Make sure you keep up with the work thats going on at the moment in class, that includes homework. Most of this should be revision by now(bar some subjects, undertandably). If it is revision, you shouldnt be getting too much homework in it, so do only a small bit extra if your stuck.

This can be different for people going for very high points courses though. Also, always have a break when you immediately get home, prob half hour at most is all you need. Also, if you do too many hours study, it can cut into sleeping time, so your tired for the important stuff thats said/revised in class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

yeah I am doing homework and then doing some study.
    I don't like the planned study thing so I just decide what I want to do when I sit down to study.

Parents want me to study so I am to stay in my room till about 9pm.
    Start at 5pm so its a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Montenegro123

I just tend to cram b4 tests . . ...and it works!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

aaaah..
    I am always exhausted and it effects how much i do. I do homework 90% of the time, it usually take me 3 hours.
    but lately they stop giving homework and so i do nothing! :o
    I never ever study, i literally just dont know how to do it . Nothing works.
    And see i would love to get the course i want which asks a pretty taxing 545.

On saturdays i get up early and work from about 10 until 2 just staying on top of things etc and some days i have music after school.
    The grades i am predicting very honestly give me 510 , heeeeeeeeeelp. I am such a useless 6th year student grrrr :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

About 3.5 hours, Monday to Thursday, Friday off and then 10 hrs in total over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

This thread makes me sick. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 stuba9

I really gotta start doing more study i do bout 90-120mins a night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭dip

Feck! Hearing about people studying 4 hours a night makes me feel unbelievably lazy and worried, and yet it doesn't motivate me to study more..eeep!

I do my homework each night which 2hours, and then study for any tests I have the following day, but haven't actually started studying properly yet :(

Easter however shall be cramtastic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

This post has been deleted.
    Wouldnt worry too much if you put in the work, I know some people who are like 180 points off what they want but are still confident of getting it.
    If yas only started studying a week ago and didnt study for the mocks their's still a good chance if you work hard.

I got 375 but need 405 so im fairly confident unless the points rise a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭armbruster

Its not really about how many exact hours of study - but rather how many chapters/ topics of the subject you get done.
    If you did just two hours and got half the course thoroughly revised - well that's a whopper amount.
    But it's a bit unrealistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,535 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yeah but bruster your perception can trick you sometimes. You may think you know it all and then the day comes and then you just draw this giant " ___________________________________________________" .

its a terrible feeling btw.
    Keep studying until you can study no more. I would give yourself a cap of about 4 hours though to save your sanity and a minum of 2. If youre completely brain-dead by the end of 3 hours take a break for about 20 minutes: Take a shower or something else unwinding. Then get back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭nerdysal

From 10 to 8 at weekends with 2 one hour breaks in between.

At weekdays from 4.30-6.00 I do homework and then from 7-9 I do study. Though I usually get homework done pretty quick so I usually start studying by 5.15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭dip

nerdysal wrote: »
    From 10 to 8 at weekends with 2 one hour breaks in between.

:eek: EIGHT hours? Holy feck! How d'you manage that without serious brain meltage?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

I've literaly done nothing since the mocks, I don't get homework anymore and in school we do nothing much because all my courses are finished apart from one subject. God I hate the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 saywhaat

emmm i havnt really started studyin yet...should i be worried?
    didnt do well in the mocks [well im not sure cos havnt got th results yet but i doubt i did well] but strangly enough im not bothered?:eek:
    cant get motivated!!:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement