Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

chrome arches

Options
  • 11-03-2008 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭

Now before every1 kills me, i know that they are not to everyones taste. I have a 220 cdi, imported from the uk, the road salt is starting to rust just under the wheel arches, if i sand them down and prime them, i hope to cover over with chrome wheel arches.

Im wondering if anyone knows of a good irish source for them?

i heard about someone in Galway! any1 have details?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Tack-tastic.

May aswell go the whole hog and get a few rolls of the chrome tape from Aldi and do all the door surrounds.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I think the rust would look better!
    +1

Chrome arches always say, loudly: I've rust problems and I've covered them up with these tacky yokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭dfer

:eek: No sorry thats lidl/argos styling. Don't waste your money, imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭coolbeans

In the name of all that is tasteful DON"T DO IT!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

to be fair, he's doing it to hide damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭coolbeans

If it's just surface rust can't you just sand it down, fill it and paint. Might be expensive but it'll look so much better if you can find the right guy to do it.
    If I knew where to get the chrome arches I'd tell you but I don't so sorry. Ebay perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

Noooooo, chrome.....
    Are you a taxi driver or a farmer?

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

neither a farmer nor a taxi driver! i thought twice about putting up the post.

guess i should have thought THREE times

looks like its the sandpaper for me

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

Surely it's about what the op. personally prefers..
    If you did end up with them however make it a habit to remove & clean couple of times a year or you will end up with no arches.

Guess it depends on what you like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

alpina wrote: »
    Surely it's about what the op. personally prefers..
    Maybe the OP likes to wear his underpants on his head too. Should we tell him that it looks naff or encourage him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Hmm i always thought they looked well especally on Mercs.

Every Merc or Bmw my dad got his hands on he'd put a set on.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Volvoboy wrote: »
    Hmm i always thought they looked well especally on Mercs.

Every Merc or Bmw my dad got his hands on he'd put a set on.

-VB-

Yeah but you're a taxi driver...
    (...and you have a soft-spot for Carinas if memory serves me correctly...) So there's no hope for ye:D...

In fairness to the OP though at least he has the good grace to be embarrassed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

pburns wrote: »
    (...and you have a soft-spot for Carinas if memory serves me correctly...) So there's no hope for ye:D...

Gettin' me 7th one on friday:D

Hopeless i agree:pac:

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Dermo123

Chromed wheel arches on any car especially Mercs or BMW's reminds me of chromed wheel archs on whomever owns those caravans that you see parked on grassy verges of roads all around Ireland. Front wings can be surprisingly cheap for some cars. Sweeping the problem under the carpet with those chrome arches is not the answer.

Advertisement