Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which is the Better buy..diesel VRS or Chipped 140BHP Version

Options
  • 11-03-2008 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

title says it all..Which is the Better buy?..Octavia diesel 170 bhp VRS or 140BHP octavia chipped to 170 BHP.(ish)
    Which would you all buy if you had a choice and why??

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Vrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭coolbeans

VRS. You'll likely have warranty issues if you chip the alternative. Simple really. I like my warranties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Altreab wrote: »
    title says it all..Which is the Better buy?..Octavia diesel 170 bhp VRS or 140BHP octavia chipped to 170 BHP.(ish)
    Which would you all buy if you had a choice and why??

That's a no brainer. The VRs has the suspension changes, the wheels, the kit, the nice seats, and VW ECU. The other one has a VW ECU with some person x chip piggy-backing it and standard features and suspension.
    Isn't the 170bhp diesel the block from the new 2 litre common rail engines also? If that is the case, then it makes a far more comprehensive arguement in it's favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

Biro wrote: »
    That's a no brainer. The VRs has the suspension changes, the wheels, the kit, the nice seats, and VW ECU. The other one has a VW ECU with some person x chip piggy-backing it and standard features and suspension.
    Isn't the 170bhp diesel the block from the new 2 litre common rail engines also? If that is the case, then it makes a far more comprehensive arguement in it's favour.

As far as i know the 140 BHP Octavia is the new 2 litre common rail engine. Is the additional kit and seats really worth the extra money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

The VRS will be easier to sell second hand too, being a legitimate high-performance Skoda instead of a "normal" Skoda that somebody's tinkered with (which would make me VERY dubious if it were my buying that car).

• Advertisement
Advertisement