Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower recommendation-anything but Triton

Options
  • 11-03-2008 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭

My Triton T90SI just packed up. If I have to replace it, it will my 3rd shower in 5 years. I don't live in a hard water area so there is not limescale build up. I know the shower gets heavy usage.There are 4 of us in the house including 2 oily mechanics who spend ages in the shower, but surely they should last longer than that. Can anyone recommend something better ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

If the water connection for the shower is taken from the tank ,beneath the ballcock.This can cause air to get into the pipe and damage the shower.

Your pipe might be slightly airlocked and causing the pump to work too hard.

Triton is a good a shower as your going to get ,mira are just as good also.

Definetly look at your installation ,both pipework and electrical.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

We have had problems over the years with airlocks so it could be that. Not helped I'm sure by having really poor water pressure. Found the receipt and the shower is 2 months out of guarantee. Damn....
    Rang Triton and they are sending someone out and they might cover a replacement or repair seeing as its so new.I will get them to check the plumbing and electrics. Heres hoping !
    Thanks for the advice.

Advertisement