Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paris-Nice

Options
  • 11-03-2008 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭

Anybody watching Paris Nice on Eurosport? ,those are some seriously bad cycling conditions,great to watch the Dutch and Belgian "hardmen" showing how slipstreaming and echeloning work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Yeah, got it on now... nice big crash just then... awful conditions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Is this on regularly? If so, what time?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Every day live from 1:30. Highlights in the evening, usually around 10. Tirreno Adriatico is starting today too, and that'll be shown around 3 I think, after Paris Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Yeah the conditions are awful. They shortened Monday's stage by about 100km because of the weather.
    That poor Skill-Shimano feller was really struggling on the way up that last climb yesterday. By the way, the Saunier-Duval full body kit is absolutely awful, I just thought I'd say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

It will be live on the France television website this afternoon from 2.10PM for us.

http://video-direct.france2.fr/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

Raam wrote: »
    Yeah the conditions are awful. They shortened Monday's stage by about 100km because of the weather.
    That poor Skill-Shimano feller was really struggling on the way up that last climb yesterday. By the way, the Saunier-Duval full body kit is absolutely awful, I just thought I'd say that.

agreed. the worst kit i've ever seen, and the helmet - hideous. what a tool for overtaking the skill shimano guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

ba wrote: »
    what a tool for overtaking the skill shimano guy.

yeah, ásshole behaviour i thought, but that's professional sport for ya. never seen Hushovd make a break before, pretty fearless decending in wet conditions. i love that shít.

still can't really enjoy watching pro cycling though, every time i root for someone they turn out to be a cheater. that and the total lack of charisma in the peloton these days. so now i hate them all. eurotrash.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

niceonetom wrote: »
    yeah, ásshole behaviour i thought, but that's professional sport for ya. never seen Hushovd make a break before, pretty fearless decending in wet conditions. i love that shít.

still can't really enjoy watching pro cycling though, every time i root for someone they turn out to be a cheater. that and the total lack of charisma in the peloton these days. so now i hate them all. eurotrash.

Why are you guys giving him a hard time? It's a race, he was trying to win. He wanted to get over the hill at a good speed so he can make his break down the other side. It wouldn't do him much good if he slowed down to let that guy get to the top. It would risk the peloton catching him quicker than they actually did.

Advertisement