Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yet another, my first tattoo thread!!!

Options
  • 12-03-2008 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hey guys, finally gettin my ink...

ok ive been doodeling and want opinions,

SP_A0147.jpg
    SP_A0148.jpg

(dunno which is clearer)

what do you think of the star and celtic knot

I'm deffo gettin the compass on the center of my back, its gonna be SWEET.

id just like to know what people think cause im not sure...

after all its not just for christmas...

Kris!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

they look pretty awesome, but as you say yourself it's not just for crimbo, and it is your body you're puttin em on, so at the end of the day if it's summit you love and would be happy to have on you for life then go for it! :) after pics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

you could make it into a bigger piece, depending on the styles you like itl totally change the look, if you want old school or new school stuff with big thick lines and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

i want it friggin AWSOME...

alls i know is i want thick lines and shading so it looks 3d

i love my star but dunno about it with the compass so im thinkin of gettin the compass first and if i want the star at a later date, i guess ill do it then...

the thing im most confused about is the center of the compass,

two other things for the middle i drew were

SP_A0149.jpg
    SP_A0150.jpg

(for the record... this was in todays physics lecture...)

keep drawing, bring them into a studio and ask em to draw something up for you, you seem to have solid ideas about what you want

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

in my, uneducated tattoo opinion, i like the first one best. the claddagh doesnt look right in the middle and i just like how the first one is really 'full'. i do have a good idea of design as i do a good bit of art myself though.

defo go big. if you're worried about not liking it in the future assoicate it with something important to you, something that'll never change. it could be something you'll never tell anyone but you'll know and that'll be enough....

• Advertisement

just looked at that cladgh (whatever) and it is shocking!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deffo not that anyway!!! :P

ive got 3 hours of chemistry tomorrow so maybe ill have drawn something amazing by then...

doubtful but hey... now to locate money...

save, save, SAVE. It'll be worth it paying a bit extra when you know you're getting someone good. no point to be a cheap skate about it :D like wilburt said get a tattoo artist to do the final drawing. that way they'll get the lines right, ect.

in my, uneducated tattoo opinion, i like the first one best. the claddagh doesnt look right in the middle and i just like how the first one is really 'full'. i do have a good idea of design as i do a good bit of art myself though.

defo go big. if you're worried about not liking it in the future assoicate it with something important to you, something that'll never change. it could be something you'll never tell anyone but you'll know and that'll be enough....

well its already important to me, im a scout leader and well a compass is fairly outdoorsy... :P at the humble age of 18 im involved over 13 years so i dont think it'll change...

i just wanna get the whole thing right...
    ya know?

oh yeah your right though. im very careful about what i get done. im a bit of a worrier you see. what i've done with my next tattoo put its design as my desktop, stare at it and if i still love it i'l get it end of summer. i was going to get it done earlier but im back at gymnastics and my feet are constantly getting carpet burns there where i plan to get it done lol. need to heal ect.

ohh thats a really good idea, the effil tower can move over... when i settle on a design... :O

• Advertisement

Kidd-o wrote: »
    ohh thats a really good idea, the effil tower can move over... when i settle on a design... :O

huh?
    :confused:

most likely the eifel tower is her desktop background....

my own desktop pic is myself and the "husband" infront of the Eiffel tower... im going to put up my chosen design...

10 points!!!

emm how big do ye think cause was it wil said big?

from point to point at the mo i was thinkin 4 inchs... but i have no idea why

4"? hmm
    best bet is to talk to a tattoo artist about it,
    what are you aiming for with the ink? a cute look or what?
    you want something that will flow with your body and look right on you

i dont do cute, but cause im a bit of a small frame and i want it all thick and chucky and "dark" i dont know if it'll suit lil ol me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Kidd-o wrote: »
    i dont do cute, but cause im a bit of a small frame and i want it all thick and chucky and "dark" i dont know if it'll suit lil ol me

how any of these
    http://www.tribal-celtic-tattoo.com/images/labels/crossb.jpg
    http://www.compassfishing.com/images/compass-large.jpg

ohh thanks, they're all really cool...

i keep working away and see what i decide!!!

Advertisement