Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavan picture quiz

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Adnerb wrote: »
    Ok so I have gone east Cavan with this photo.
    Cabra Castle.. ;)

whereamiwd7.jpg

this is probably easy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 buzymc

McCabes Pub Canningstown :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

btw, me sister has started a cavan daily photo blog here.. http://cavandailyphoto.blogspot.com/

its not too bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

flanum wrote: »
    btw, me sister has started a cavan daily photo blog here.. http://cavandailyphoto.blogspot.com/

its not too bad!

Had a look at the photos earlier and I have to say there are some very good shots there....tell your sis to keep up the good work...well done for highlighting this for us flanum....thanks:D

• Advertisement

How about this one ??

003he6.jpg
    w279.png

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

Park House Hotel in Virginia?

indeed;)

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Any more pics or has the thread come to a halt?

I'll throw up an easy one.........
    69461.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

St Clare's Chapel?

• Advertisement

No, afraid not.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

hmm, Killygarry church?

Afraid not. Could give a hint but I fear any help will give it away instantly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Church in Butlersbridge?

Saibh wrote: »
    Church in Butlersbridge?

Yep, your right, St Aidans Butlersbridge. One of the most important buildings in the history of architecture in Cavan. Willian Hague's first church, and the rose window pictured, it's most elaborate feature.

BTW the first two churches mentioned are also Hague churches. Don't know were them educated guesses or just pot luck?

I'll fire up another, if people don't mind. Hopefully it wall gain momentum.

Hard to know if this will be a little hard or will the geographical features be an instant give away!

69692.jpg

Edit: The quality of the image is a bit ropey but for the sake of ever downloading the page it can't be much bigger

Its the name of the village or town lurking under the hill that i'm looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

is it swanlinbar?

Yep, Well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

Yea, I too will take a guess at the recently refurbished Church in Butler's Bridge...and a fine piece of workmanship it is too - you'd nearly scurry in an say a quick prayer such is it's beauty

• Advertisement
Advertisement