Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem calling mobiles on Smart

Options
  • 12-03-2008 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭

I can call landlines, use my broadband, and receive calls from mobiles and landlines. But when I try calling a mobile number, all I get is a engaged tone. Any ideas? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Smart Telecom have an excellent and very active support forum :

Visit http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/ and post your problem up. You need to the User CP and add "additional information) i.e. your Smart Telecom phone number.
    This is visible to support staff, but not other users.

In general I've found when I've posted up a problem it's been quickly addressed. The forum monitors are genuine Smart Telecom techies i.e. you don't have to deal with the call centre.. it's great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Posted it 2 days ago, but only just got an answer.
    Mobile call barring could, for some reason, be activated on your account.

If you call customer care they can tell you if it is, & can remove it if you ask them to

Called them today, eventually got through and they said no call barring active. Told me to check with a corded phone as we have just got a new cardless one. Same thing happens. Then called back and the call dropped, luckily the CSR called me on my mobile and said would escalate it to network tech support. He said they would get onto it tomorrow and call me with the answer. I wont hold my breath! :eek:

Advertisement