Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can you buy unhomogenised milk??

Options
  • 12-03-2008 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Yesterday, I tasted unhomogenised milk for the first time. It tasted so much better than the normal homogenised stuff. I`m currently in a different country and I`m wondering if it`ll be possible to get this when I go back to Dublin. So, are there places that sell it in Dublin, and if so, what kind of price is it?

Comments

I don't think it makes a difference, and I don't think anywhere has better milk than Ireland...except possibly NZ.....where are you?

Ardrahan sell "Lullaby milk" nationwide, it isn't homogenized.

http://www.ardrahancheese.ie/lullaby.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

You don't think it makes a difference? I disagree.
    I've seen unhomogenised goat's milk locally, but it's not for me. I must look out for the Lullaby one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

I dont realy see why it would taste different.....all homogenising dose is mix the milk intensly to delay the speration.
    On the subject i happen to think Strathroy is the best tasting milk on the market, its lovely and creamy.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mass

Reviving this old post as it wasn't answered in the posts

- Anyone aware where non-homogenised milk can be purchased in Dublin?

mass wrote: »
    Reviving this old post as it wasn't answered in the posts

- Anyone aware where non-homogenised milk can be purchased in Dublin?

Dunnes, Superquinn and Supervalu stock Lullaby milk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I don't think it makes a difference, and I don't think anywhere has better milk than Ireland...except possibly NZ.....where are you?

Ardrahan sell "Lullaby milk" nationwide, it isn't homogenized.

http://www.ardrahancheese.ie/lullaby.htm

contries with great cheese traditions have wonderful milk, the pity is that most of it used for cheese; anyway if you have time and look deeply you can find places, in Italy, where unhomogenised and unpasturized milk is sold.

I'd say that it's a bit pretentious to say that the best milk in the world is in Ireland; I'd say that the level for consumers (i.e.: people going to grocery stores or supermarket) is really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Medievalist

This farm featured on Nationwide a couple of weeks ago. Their website says they are at a couple of markets in Dublin. It doesn't mention milk, but I'm pretty sure they said they produced unhomogenised milk on the programme.Might be worth checking out.

http://www.kellysorganic.com/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mass

This is becoming a greater task than I thought.. Tried a number of Superquinns and Dunnes Stores as well as the Dublin Food Co-Op. No luck so far.

If anyone has any specific stores that they know carry stock I'd be delighted to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 apricotnelli

This is becoming a greater task than I thought.. Tried a number of Superquinns and Dunnes Stores as well as the Dublin Food Co-Op. No luck so far.

If anyone has any specific stores that they know carry stock I'd be delighted to know.

Try Marks and Spencers they have unhomogenised jersey milk and I have to say while I support buying Irish the jersey cream is way better than the cream I have been buying in Dunnes . I talked to a friend who farms and milks and he said it probably simply has higher fat content.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭G-Man

This farm featured on Nationwide a couple of weeks ago. Their website says they are at a couple of markets in Dublin.

They do come to dublin food coop in newmarket every saturday and do have unhomogenized milk... Yes the taste is much much better, it seems to last quite long in the fridge too. It costs about 2.50 for 2L. Once You know that milk is available, You will not buy anyother. They also have a few excellent cheeses and yogurts, particularly a wonderful unsweetened natural yougurt that just tastes great.

They also supply some organic supermarket in blackrock.

Im just a satisfied customer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 The Len

Good news. They stock lullaby milk in the Dunnes in Rathmines and it tastes lovely..
    Bad news is that it is no longer non-homogenised. I rang Lullaby milk to ask them and they said there were too many complaints about cream at the top of the milk.. I mean, come on, shake it!!

My 1st post ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 scholarswalk

Ennis Butchers in Rialto, Dublin 8 sell unhomogenised milk. I bought it there once, can't remember the maker but it was nice, with all that cream on top!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

If you're looking for raw milk - unpasteurized and unhomogenized - Sheridans Cheesemongers on South Anne Street regularly stock it from David Tiernan's farm in Co Louth. Think there may even be more stockists now.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭spacecat

Is there anywhere in Cork that you can buy non-homogenized milk? Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

I know it's late but I saw this just now as a stockist for raw milk in Cork - Ballymaloe Farm Shop Email: info@cookingisfun.ie Web: www.cookingisfun.ie/pages/our_gardens/farmshop.php Ballymaloe Cookery School, Shanagarry, Co. Cork. Tel: + 353 21 4646785 Tiernan Family Farm Email: Tiernans@glebebrethan.com , Web: www.glebebrethan.com/ Raw Milk Cheese producer of Glebe Brethan Cheese. Also produces Raw Milk for sale which is available direct from the farm and from some retail outlets. Tiernan Family Farm, Glebe House, Dunleer, Co. Louth. Tel: +353 (0)41 6851157

Advertisement