Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Jawbreaker

• 12-03-2008 2:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

I was gonna put this in the punk forum but its a bit dead.

www.myspace.com/jawbreaker

Jawbreaker! amazing band. Similar to Lawrence Arms, Smoking popes type stuff. sort of gruff, melodic punk rock with awesome lyrics.sadly they split up in 96.

anyone into them? recommendations of something similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Was it Dan or Matt from Alkaline Trio that was in the band? I haven't heard anything from them yet. What's a good place to start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

Dan from Alkaline Trio is in a ban called the Falcon with Brendan Kelly from the Lawrence Arms.

www.myspace.com/thefalcon
    best place to start is their unicornography album.

as for jawbreaker, the best place to start is probably the album
    '24 hour revenge therapy'. they were a big influence on lawrence arms/alkaline trio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Start on either 24 Hour Revenge Therapy or Bivouac.
    Bivouac is my personal favourite though, it's a lot more intense and brooding than 24 Hour Revenge Therapy.

They're a great band. Sometimes I get bored of them but I always end up coming back for more. Apparently there's a documentary being filmed about them too.

Have you checked out Jets To Brazil? Blake Scwarenbrach is in them, there pretty good.

Advertisement