Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Running programs as Admin in Vista

• 12-03-2008 3:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

I need to run some of my programs as administrator and right click to set it to always run as admin but that option is faded out

I'm on an Administrator account and its the only account on the computer apart from Guest

Its a new Dell comp on Vista Home fwiw

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,378 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Thats an odd one... Can you permanently make it an admin program? (right click on icon -> properties -> advanced -> Check box for run as administrator)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

some preinstalled windows executables can't be run as administrator

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

run a command prompt as admin cmd
    then drag/drop the program there
    copy the command line text so you can reuse it
    then you will see if there is any benefit in running from the command and can setup a batch file to run the app

but mukki is probably right and it's a wild goose chase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

dulpit wrote: »
    Thats an odd one... Can you permanently make it an admin program? (right click on icon -> properties -> advanced -> Check box for run as administrator)

thats what I'm saying, that option is faded out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Hennessy

valor wrote: »
    thats what I'm saying, that option is faded out.

Have you got UAC turned off? In the User account options?

• Advertisement
Advertisement