Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo thoughts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I love Escher's work! :D

For the reptiles, you could have one dark and one white, both with shading, a bit like the birds, only more shaded than filled in solid black.

Keep us posted with whatever you decide to go for!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I love Escher's work! :D

For the reptiles, you could have one dark and one white, both with shading, a bit like the birds, only more shaded than filled in solid black.

Keep us posted with whatever you decide to go for!

But surely they would be times when a black one would touch off a black one ? Would that not look strange ? I suppose I would have to talk to a tattoo artist about that in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I really like the first pic of the colour reptiles, and the idea of a band of them around the arm. You could distingiush them by having 3 graduating shades of grey/black if you didn't want colour.

Shelli wrote: »
    I really like the first pic of the colour reptiles, and the idea of a band of them around the arm. You could distingiush them by having 3 graduating shades of grey/black if you didn't want colour.

These ones ?

http://britton.disted.camosun.bc.ca/escher/lizard.jpg

Ah, its possible to do that withe the shades of grey ? I'll have to look around for an example to see what it looks like. Or if anyone knows of one, I would really appreciate it if you could post it!

I think I prefer these reptiles though.

http://britton.disted.camosun.bc.ca/escher/reptiles2.jpg

Here's one that's just outline...
    tattoo.jpg

I prefer the first one too: http://britton.disted.camosun.bc.ca/escher/lizard.jpg
    Would seem easier to make a band out of, or a circular pattern, and is only two colour so could be dark and light lizards.

• Advertisement

Yeah I like that one with the outline but it would probably work best if it wasnt a band and was just kept to the three lizards.

My only problem with the other lizards is that they look a bit strange...they look more like birds. Kind of have a beak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

just idears

Le Rack wrote: »
    just idears

Cheers for that Le Rack. They're cool. Good to see what they would look like in a band as well. I noticed a tattoo in the 'I'll show you mine if..' thread that I love although is nothing like the ones I have been looking at. Ive attached it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Woohoo!
    Finally..someone who has actually put thought into what tattoo they want to get. Not the usual " 'ERE BUD, IM GUNNA GET A KELTIC TATTO LIKE ME MATE JOHNNER, WHACHA THINK?".

OP - Nice idea, i really like that lizard style...I'd say a chat with an artist will do you the world of good. You know what you want, he knows what he can do so the two of you will come up with some great ideas.

As for placement...keep that to yourself, dont let anyone here tell you where to get it done. Wherever you feel comfortable with...go for.

Also, I'd suggest the Italians for that kind of work.

Tusky wrote: »
    Yeah I like that one with the outline but it would probably work best if it wasnt a band and was just kept to the three lizards.

My only problem with the other lizards is that they look a bit strange...they look more like birds. Kind of have a beak.

I can see how the other lizards could be worked into a band with a nice flow to it, whereas with the ones you like more I think you'd have to keep it more a patchwork thing, or a quite uneven band.

If I get a chance later, I might try to knock something up for ya to show what I mean.

• Advertisement

I can see how the other lizards could be worked into a band with a nice flow to it, whereas with the ones you like more I think you'd have to keep it more a patchwork thing, or a quite uneven band.

If I get a chance later, I might try to knock something up for ya to show what I mean.

That would be great, would appreciate it!
    garthv wrote: »
    Woohoo!
    Finally..someone who has actually put thought into what tattoo they want to get. Not the usual " 'ERE BUD, IM GUNNA GET A KELTIC TATTO LIKE ME MATE JOHNNER, WHACHA THINK?".

OP - Nice idea, i really like that lizard style...I'd say a chat with an artist will do you the world of good. You know what you want, he knows what he can do so the two of you will come up with some great ideas.

As for placement...keep that to yourself, dont let anyone here tell you where to get it done. Wherever you feel comfortable with...go for.

Also, I'd suggest the Italians for that kind of work.

hehe. Each to their own but a celtic tattoo certainly isnt for me. I actually thought I had come up with something really original, then I went online to find loads of people have Escher tatoos! Damn.

Once I have a few hundred euro I'll drop into the artist and have a chat. Cheers for the advice.

Advertisement