Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Des wrote: »
    No, it didn't, but neither will posting about it here.

That thread only brought me another sh!te thats why i said i dont want it,but mod also think theres some point of it,except exposing me and making fool out of nothing,i wont talk about it anyway,if you think she's right you have right on your opinion and thats ok,i wont comment that in here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Whats that heat you folks are talking lately about?I supose its like 25 degrees?:D
    To answer your question, I was talking about ~ 35 degrees.

Also you don't need to apologise to the baboons.

35 degrees in Ireland?:eek::eek::eek:
    You joking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sherifu is in Bucharest, allegedly.

baboon.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Bad dose of sunburn there mate, might wanna get some cream or something!

• Advertisement

My question was about heats in Ireland i noticed people on boards talking about,and i know me and my neghbour are sharing same destiny coz in Serbia its also 35-38 degrees lately

35 degrees in Ireland?:eek::eek::eek:
    You joking?
    Ha, the most you'd see in Ireland would be 28.
    My question was about heats in Ireland i noticed people on boards talking about,and i know me and my neghbour sharing same destiny coz in Serbia its also 35-38 degrees lately
    Can't beat the shorts and sunglasses.

Sherifu wrote: »
    Ha, the most you'd see in Ireland would be 28.

And thats the heat.....I think people shouldnt talk about that as a heat when we are present in the room:D
    I would like that temperature instead of this i have....

it's currently (according to my google desktop weather watcher) 15 degrees in Dublin. with an expected high of 16.

Tomorrow will be 17, Friday 18 and Saturday 17 again.

Rain expected today and tomorrow, none on Friday, and some on Saturday.

chrissie_210303_002.jpg

Yeah i noticed its cold again but folks were talking about days before,i dont know how it was to be honest

Anyway thanks for the infos to "DES-National Forecast Agency"

• Advertisement

Dunno who she is Des but she is no Evelyn Cusack thats for sure

cusacke.jpg

Evelyn for joint mod of the sunderland forum!

And thats the heat.....I think people shouldnt talk about that as a heat when we are present in the room:D
    I would like that temperature instead of this i have....
    The temperature has dropped here in the last few days. It's a nice break from the heat. 23 today, 30 tomorrow.

Same with us today,rain....And can anyone please change thread name into European Weather Conditions

Same with us today,rain....And can anyone please change thread name into European Weather Conditions
    Ive just tagged it for u.

Why thank you,thats very important subject by the way

Cheap bastards.
    If your boss asks you out to lunch with the new guy and then suggests that we should
    foot the bill for the new guys lunch is that a punchable offence?
    My boss makes 100k a year surely to **** he could have paid for the new guys dinner instead of asking me for half.
    I paid 20 quid for a bit of ****ty pasta and he even left a tip!
    Bastard.
    This is turning into a ****ty week ill tell you!

IrishMike wrote: »
    Cheap bastards.
    If your boss asks you out to lunch with the new guy and then suggests that we should
    My boss makes 100k a year surely to **** he could have paid for the new guys dinner instead of asking me for half.
    Bastard.

I think u need to join a white collar boxing club! That or we should tag this thread as "IrishMike's anger management"!! :pac:

Yes that is a punchable offence, but that doesnt mean u should do it!! :pac:

My boss would be like that too, doesnt matter how much u earn, if you're scabby, you're scabby, nothing changes that!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I know. Paying for a new guy's lunch is just ****. Now paying for a new (hot) girl's lunch....

I think u need to join a white collar boxing club! That or we should tag this thread as "IrishMike's anger management"!! :pac:

Yes that is a punchable offence, but that doesnt mean u should do it!! :pac:

My boss would be like that too, doesnt matter how much u earn, if you're scabby, you're scabby, nothing changes that!

Dont put ****ing ideas into my head!
    Im stone broke at the moment aswell, sickened!
    I know. Paying for a new guy's lunch is just ****. Now paying for a new (hot) girl's lunch....

Only if she paid me back in kind
    Giggaddee Giggaddee Alright!!!!

Got caught in a bad shower at lunch. I thought i'd left that craic behind me :pac:

• Advertisement

I've finally done it.

I have a CONVERT from Boards.ie, to eL football.

None other than the esteemed Mr. Alan is coming to Tolka Park on Friday to see Shels playing Dundalk.

:pac::pac:

Major coup!

In other news, Galway United are in serious trouble. Can player manager Kenna save the day? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Cheap bastards.
    Bastard.

If he asks you out to lunch, the intention is that he's paying. What a tight ba*tard!
    Our manager just puts it on the company credit card, if he was to expect us to pay then I wouldnt go for lunch with him tbh. It's not like I enjoy his conversation :D

I've finally done it.

None other than the esteemed Mr. Alan is coming to Tolka Park on Friday to see Shels playing Dundalk.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I might be there for that game myself :)

pvt.joker wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I might be there for that game myself :)

Give us a shout if you are.

Give us a shout if you are.

will do. Years since I been in Tolka. Shels v Man U friendly I think it was. Seba Veron played a blinder!

Dont put ****ing ideas into my head!
    Im stone broke at the moment aswell, sickened!

You should, itd mellow you out!! :D:p

pvt.joker wrote: »
    Years since I been in Tolka.

At least you know where the place is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I've finally done it.

finally!

You two have been like the Ross and Rachel of boards soccer for the past year! All this 'will they, won't they' has been making the place awful tense with the sexual tension! Now you can get it out of your systems and we can all have closure on the issue ;)

• Advertisement

:D:D

Is there any table or infos about that amateur league you are playing there?
    I heard about that but wasnt reading or looking more for it

Is there any table or infos about that amateur league you are playing there?

Woah wait a sec.

Which amateur league?

With that Bordeaux or what is it called?
    I only remember i asked you once what the hell are you talking about,6-0 victory? french league wasnt on today at all!!!:D

With that Bordeaux or what is it called?
    I only remember i asked you once what the hell are you talking about,6-0 victory? french league wasnt on today at all!!!:D

Oh yes, there is a Boards.ie football team.

Click here to read about it

http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Boardeaux

and here's the forum

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=833

We are called Boardeaux. You know, it's like a joke. Bordeaux are the French Team. Boardeaux are the Boards team.

Yeah yeah,i know you said to me that time its not same name but i forgot where i should put that ''a'' between:D
    I will check those links now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I've finally done it.

Top of the table clash yes?

Have they met at Oriel yet?

Edit/ it appears they have:

Dundalk 1 - 3 Shelbourne Oriel Park

I just saw some main things and i must notice except you Des and Xavi i dont know other players there, their nicks on boards sounds not familiar to me.

And may i ask who is the guy with nick Serbian?:D

I wasnt looking for details now,will later when i get more time but i couldnt see league table of previous seasons you were participating and also this seasons?

Top of the table clash yes?

Have they met at Oriel yet?

Edit/ it appears they have:

Dundalk 1 - 3 Shelbourne Oriel Park

They've also met at Tolka Park in the Cup ;) -

6 Jun 2008 Shelbourne 0 - 3 Dundalk Tolka Park

Should be a decent match. Girlfriend is going again - I'm working. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

You see delija, here is the problem, ok.

You post some totally random stuff, that has nothing to do with the current ongoing conversation, and people don't "get" it.
    I'm really, really surprised you just went there, here of all places.

But as you did, I have a few things to say:
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    Jeez Des I'm sure the lad only meant it as a greeting. He's gotten a LOT of unnecessary stick in the last day or so.
    That sums up my feelings, except maybe the ones of disgust and anger.
    It is probably a good thing it was closed before I tried to reply (I was too angry at first when I read it, so I logged off and waited).
    Pipe down Oz-boy. :pac:

Oz-boy has a point. You sure I haven't seen you on sf.org? ;):p

As someone who doesn't speak English naturally and someone who isn't Irish, some of the comments in that thread really, really put me off boards.ie. On my fobbish days my English and accent can be poor. I'm certainly not doing a podcast now.

I've known for a long time that the Irish were prejudiced, that thread summed it up. No outward abuse but just the smallest hint of xenophobia. Only yesterday I deleted a Chinese joke laughing at our accents from this very thread.

Delija, you are welcome here and so long as you follow the rules, noone will comment on your spelling, grammar or the randomness of your comments :)

In fact, if you feel that moderators on the site elsewhere are harassing you, please, don't PM them, PM me and I'll happily act as an intermediate for you. I don't like bullies (unless I'm the one being the bully, then they're awesome).

GuanYin wrote: »
    I'm really, really surprised you just went there, here of all places.

But as you did, I have a few things to say:

That sums up my feelings, except maybe the ones of disgust and anger.
    It is probably a good thing it was closed before I tried to reply (I was too angry at first when I read it, so I logged off and waited).

Oz-boy has a point. You sure I haven't seen you on sf.org? ;):p

As someone who doesn't speak English naturally and someone who isn't Irish, some of the comments in that thread really, really put my off boards.ie. On my fobbish days my English and accent can be poor. I'm certainly not doing a podcast now.

I've known for a long time that the Irish were prejudiced, that thread summed it up. No outward abuse but just the smallest hint of xenophobia. Only yesterday I deleted a Chinese joke laughing at our accents from this very thread.

Delija, you are welcome here and so long asyou follow the rules, noone will comment on your spelling, grammar or the randomness of your comments :)

In fact, if you feel that moderators on the site elsewhere are harassing you, please, don't PM them, PM me and I'll happily act as an intermediate for you. I don't like bullies (unless I'm the one being the bully, then they're awesome).

Im not racist, i hate everyone equally.
    Especially lately!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Can't argue with any of that. It was so funny how the grammar of those questioning Delija's was quite often much worse! The ironing was delicious!

Anyway, we move on I guess.

Mike direct your hatred at Dublin Bus and leave the innocent women and children of our xenophobic land out of it.

It wasn't a great thread for boards. I'd like to believe some posters were taking the piss 'cause it was feedback and that's what they think they're supposed to do. It was a disgrace.

Mike direct your hatred at Dublin Bus and leave the innocent women and children of our xenophobic land out of it.

Its ok they are included, they are included!
    I will have my revenge on Dublin Bus mark my words

*mike strokes his white cat and laughs heartily!

PS white cat actually means a white cat before you say something Xavi :D

Sherifu wrote:
    It wasn't a great thread for boards. I'd like to believe some posters were taking the piss 'cause it was feedback and that's what they think they're supposed to do. It was a disgrace.

Exactly - I honestly thought this country was getting over the whole foreign nationals thing. Was such a shame to see so many people coming out of the woodwork to have a go.

This is my solution

end_racism.jpg

Exactly - I honestly thought this country was getting over the whole foreign nationals thing. Was such a shame to see so many people coming out of the woodwork to have a go.
    If you read AH you will see there's a hell of a lot of xenophobia about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

tbh even from the offset it was just a bad idea. What was thaed thinking?!

Her excuse of "didn't have the time to be doing it through pm's" doesn't really hold water given how many replies she put in there and how much time it takes to read through it all. Was just making things public that didn't need to be made public. was like the Tom Hicks of the boards world.

A lamb to the slaughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Sherifu wrote: »
    If you read AH you will see there's a hell of a lot of xenophobia about.

I don't, mainly for that reason.

~Rebel~ wrote:
    tbh even from the offset it was just a bad idea. What was thaed thinking?!

Her excuse of "didn't have the time to be doing it through pm's" doesn't really hold water given how many replies she put in there and how much time it takes to read through it all. Was just making things public that didn't need to be made public. was like the Tom Hicks of the boards world.

Agree 100%, I don't think there was any good reason for that thread and it really has sullied my view of that particular mod.

Xavi6, how come you're online? Are you still in work?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement