Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yep most ridiculously stupid thread I've seen in a long, long time yet it was defended to the hilt but the clique.

GuanYin wrote: »
    Xavi6, how come you're online? Are you still in work?

At midnight? You must be joking! I'm only from football about an hour and I'm doing some work on my website before bed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

should we really be talking about moderation decisions in here, may not be on topic (soccer) but although they did a piss-poor job of handling it thats what feedback is there for.

On the foreign national thing- attitudes are going to be forced to change, I work in a school and next year 50% of the kids joining the Junior school are foreign nationals. When they arent very much so the minority the idiots in society will realise they cant get away with such xenophobia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Starting that thread wasn't modding. It was the exact opposite of modding, so I see no problem with it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Xavi6 wrote: »
    At midnight? You must be joking! I'm only from football about an hour and I'm doing some work on my website before bed.
    Xavi, never noticed the site before. look interesting. id be up for given it a bash anyway, trying to add writing to my jack of all trades persona (though i think it might well be the one i actually stick with on the side while the others make the money).
    p.s, the link in your sig has an extra http://

should we really be talking about moderation decisions in here, may not be on topic (soccer) but although they did a piss-poor job of handling it thats what feedback is there for.

pfft, feedback is good for nothin but a laugh and cat pics from what i've seen..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

that thread makes me sad.

off out a friends film premiere in the sugarclub. have a good evening folks.

peace and love bretherin.

ps:figured out how to put Youtube vids on my iPod-so happy

pps:GuanYin-hope you checked out Kings Of Leon.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Xavi, never noticed the site before. look interesting. id be up for given it a bash anyway, trying to add writing to my jack of all trades persona (though i think it might well be the one i actually stick with on the side while the others make the money).
    p.s, the link in your sig has an extra http://

Ah gay. Cheers! Thinks she's fixed now. If you've any ideas then feel free to drop me a PM. We're looking for any contributors on anything really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Well i am glad to see someone acctually understand me, i am not really some @sshole who will make sh!ts, coz as i said a lot of times already i came on these boards coz i am interested in Ireland and irish people so my intentions are 100% friendly and i dont have intentions to go around this place and make a fool of my self with some fights.

Yes i had bad aproach when i came on that place bgrh for the first time and i deserved ban coz i didnt understand rules of it.No problem about it.

But i just wont accept it that i deserved it this time coz i didnt.

As i said few times irish people and serbian are similar in a lot of things and we also have that thing to call friends jerks,fools,clowns and other things without being friendly, i noticed some nations thing we are crazy but i see you doing same in Ireland so its not weird to me.

But as i said we do those jokes with friends,not with anyone who pass by, so i felt like they trying to make fool of my self saying thats an irish humour, i dont think so.Even if it is i would punch in face every stranger who would try to say that to me and i think anyone would.

Its not the problem about the people,i get along very good with everyone there, it was just missunderstanding with one guy that we later fixed and i said that to mod,i am ok with that place and after ban i will continue posting there coz there are some good people in there.

All i wanted is to not go public with this thing coz its nonsence,its 7 days ban, why to expose me in front of everyone,i am ok with that guy,with everyone and coz of nonsence i am looking like some freak now,like noone on this forum wasnt ever arguing for a second with any other member.

I supose i was only understood in wrong way and thats all.I am not gonna fight or anything,i accepted this ban from the beggining and there was no need for feedback thread,but ok.

I am not blaming anyone or something but i just wont accept to be blamed for something i think i didnt do.

I respect all mods here so i accept mods decision too,i was just a bit pissed coz of the way i got that ban but thread about it really dissapointed me coz it was like opened campaign and spitting against me.

Still, i dont care, coz cant everyone be nice and thats logical,i am gonna stay and write on places on these boards with people i like to talk to and read their comments coz i think theres a lot of nice and friendly folks here

Cheers!!:D

Sorry Mr. Alan, I went home and lay on my sofa for hours eating takeout, watching crap movies and drinking wine! :)

• Advertisement

And Des hope you will answer me when you get time:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I also agree AH has hints of racism, even people who are 'nice' posters show sings of it, but unlike GUANYIN, I don't venture into it cause' I'm banned...FOR LIFE...LMAO.

Whats AH?:D

Well i am glad to see someone acctually understand me, i am not really some @sshole who will make sh!ts, coz as i said a lot of times already i came on these boards coz i am interested in Ireland and irish people so my intentions are 100% friendly and i dont have intentions to go around this place and make a fool of my self with some fights.
    Still, i dont care, coz cant everyone be nice and thats logical,i am gonna stay and write on places on these boards with people i like to talk to and read their comments coz i think theres a lot of nice and friendly folks here

Cheers!!:D

*Applauds slowly*

AH is After Hours...you not posted there yet? If not don't bother someone with ABSOLUTELY NO LIFE will call you out for a spelling mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Whats AH?:D
    After Hours.

I usually take the piss out of the racists. It can be funny to see how far their ideas go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Sorry Mr. Alan, I went home and lay on my sofa for hours eating takeout, watching crap movies and drinking wine! :)
    That's exactly what i spend my weekends doing...

• Advertisement

On that note, maybe we'll change the subject and not talk about the mods in question (I'm guilty too, I apologise).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I hate that you can't get multipacks of big Yops. The little ones are half a gulp. I've noticed you can't get those massive bottles of Yop anywhere anymore :(

I like Yop.

I am not banned out of there and not participating there so much:D

Actually in that Delija thread did anyone read about the person who said some posters were crying that Delija added them on MSN....What the ****? They leave their msn on a public site, and then go for a little cry if someone adds them.....fair enough.

YOP sucks so bad....I hate Yop.

As we speak the mother is preparing dinner...couscous and chicken...YUM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Restaurant after work. I will eat well. :D

• Advertisement

Yop is tasty out. I don't drink milk so I need to get some calcium in me somehow.

Mum is also preparing my dinner early enough tonight because I want to go see Alabama 3 tonight. €20 is a little steep though...

Everyone awaiting mom to prepare dinner:D

Kold wrote: »
    Yop is tasty out. I don't drink milk so I need to get some calcium in me somehow.

Lol such a culchie thing to say! :p

Its not going to prepare itself. :D

Lads got my head shaved today....I look like a WN.

Its not going to prepare itself. :D

Haha,yeah thats why i am waiting too mom prepare itbiggrin.gif

Lads got my head shaved today....I look like a WN.

:eek::eek::eek:

Why you needed that?
    You wanna look like like some convict?:D

I am not gonna open new thread but if anyone didnt hear Gilberto Silva Arsenal--->Panathinaikos for 1mil pounds, what a disaster,bloody Red Star, anyone see this you jerks??????This even we could afford to pay....

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lol such a culchie thing to say! :p

Not a culchie but I do live in Cork.... like.

Don't think people from London can be culchies.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I feel sad for asking what WN is.

• Advertisement

I feel sad for asking what WN is.

You are not alone,what is WN?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

:eek::eek::eek:

Why you needed that?
    You wanna look like like some convict?:D

My head is shaved and i dont look like a convict!
    I look the business ill have u know ;)

*me is treking along to Pink Floyd - Brain Damage.

Ill see you on the dark side of the mooooooooooon!
    God i love this album, its a work of art if ever there was one!

You are not alone,what is WN?

White Nationalist....this is what my friend said to me when he seen it.........yeah me a white nationalist.......damn Arab.

White Nationalist....this is what my friend said to me when he seen it.........yeah me a white nationalist.......damn Arab.

Quiet you skinhead or i will ask for you to be baned coz of racistic hairdress:D

Good day good day.
    Girlfriend told me she would have no problem whatsoever with me screwing the
    daylights out of Jessica Alba should the opportunity ever present itself.
    Must try and get in touch with this guy and see how this approach worked for him

haha just give Jessica to this guy,he is a winner :pac::pac::pac:

Can't find anyone to go to Alabama 3 with me :( This is the problem with charging €20 for a midweek gig!

What is it with blonde chicks being sick all the time? And no, they are not just feigning sickness if you're the predictable bastard who was going to incinuate this!

It is probably a good thing it was closed before I tried to reply (I was too angry at first when I read it, so I logged off and waited).

Hmmm, I just dived straight in. Counted to 10, decided yea I was annoyed enough to post and went with it. You should have, be nice to have had another voice to shut up the masses.
    As someone who doesn't speak English naturally and someone who isn't Irish, some of the comments in that thread really, really put me off boards.ie. On my fobbish days my English and accent can be poor. I'm certainly not doing a podcast now.

You'd never know mind you. Also, all large message boards have a large number of, how to put this, simple people, so dont let that thread put u off here, stick with us cronies, we're all good!! :p

As a matter of interest, is Chinese your first language? If so Ni Ha Ma!
    GuanYin wrote:
    I've known for a long time that the Irish were prejudiced, that thread summed it up. No outward abuse but just the smallest hint of xenophobia. Only yesterday I deleted a Chinese joke laughing at our accents from this very thread.

Id like to defend Irish people on that point but after that thread I really cant nor do i want to. All i can say is we're not all like that. If u read back through the thread he did get a lot of support as well.
    GuanYin wrote:
    Delija, you are welcome here and so long as you follow the rules, noone will comment on your spelling, grammar or the randomness of your comments :)

In fact, if you feel that moderators on the site elsewhere are harassing you, please, don't PM them, PM me and I'll happily act as an intermediate for you. I don't like bullies (unless I'm the one being the bully, then they're awesome).

I second that about delija, he's been an excellent poster in here, I found his thread about Red Star Belgrade to be fascinating and a refreshing change from some of the threads we get around here. And fair play for stickin through all that crap delija, dont let a bunch or @rseholes who give out about your English when they themselves aren't bilingual perturb you. And fair play for taking on board the suggestions about punctuation, seemed to shut a lot of people up.

PSI, fair play, nice to see a mod willing to stand up for another poster.

Right rant over......

Back to the Off Topicness, i see Al recommended Kings of Leon to you, I have to second that. They're the best band Ive heard in quite sometime. I say that cos i only really got into them a few months ago and they've really captured something unique. their song "Trani" was described by Bob Dylan as one of the best songs he;d ever heard and Eddie Vedder of Pearl jam is also a huge fan. So dont take it from me and Al, take it from them! If u want me to recommend some specific songs to get u started just ask.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I resent that I was singled out here in relation to that feedback thread, really I do.

I actually was trying to help delija.

In answer to your question delija, there is no link to previous season's league tables, we've played 4 seasons. In the league we play there are 10 teams in 12/13/14 divisions, and we play September to February, then March to August.

We've played 4 seasons so far.

In out first season (Sept 06-Feb 07) we were in the bottom division, and weren't really very good, losing more than we won, and finished fifth of six teams (the division was smaller because it was the bottom division, and there wasn't enough teams to make a ten team bottom division).

In our second season (March 07-August 07) we played in a ten team division, near the bottom, and we got better, but still we finished seventh of ten teams, but we got some really good players to join about half way through.

In our third season (Sept 07-Feb 08) we played in a ten team division, and had a 8-game unbeaten run at one stage, but after Xmas we lost it a bit, but finished a respectable 4th place.

This season is nearly over (March 08-Aug 08) and we've been hit badly by injuries, some of my players went to America for the summer, and we are at a higher standard than usual (Division 5 this season) and look like finishing 6/7/8 place, of ten teams.

Wait....PSI is Guan Yin, and is Asian? I didn't know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

IrishMike wrote: »
    Good day good day.
    Girlfriend told me she would have no problem whatsoever with me screwing the
    daylights out of Jessica Alba should the opportunity ever present itself.
    Must try and get in touch with this guy and see how this approach worked for him

Jaysus, those Culchies are gas.

Des wrote: »
    I resent that I was singled out here in relation to that feedback thread, really I do.

We know, I was just teasing you ;)

I was a bit annoyed with myself that I didn't post over breakfast and waited til I got to work and your post gave me a link to vent. I don't really think you're a WN (a new term for me).

Wait....PSI is Guan Yin, and is Asian? I didn't know that.

Breaking news:

2408083660_090c2e125e.jpg?v=1208061021

WE LANDED ON THE MOON!! :P

I never seen an indication, and the moon landing was staged.

On the subject of racism I was banned from the tennis forum for calling Nadal a spic.....I actually don't see how the term is offensive.

• Advertisement

On the subject of racism I was banned from the tennis forum for calling Nadal a spic.....I actually don't see how the term is offensive.

Was jokin dude. Hell yea, Ive read the theories! lets talk about that!!

U were probably banned for any form of anti Nadal comment. That should be against the law as it is. And, that term is generally regarded as racist or derogatory tbh.

Des wrote: »

In answer to your question delija, there is no link to previous season's league tables, we've played 4 seasons. In the league we play there are 10 teams in 12/13/14 divisions, and we play September to February, then March to August.

We've played 4 seasons so far.

In out first season (Sept 06-Feb 07) we were in the bottom division, and weren't really very good, losing more than we won, and finished fifth of six teams (the division was smaller because it was the bottom division, and there wasn't enough teams to make a ten team bottom division).

In our second season (March 07-August 07) we played in a ten team division, near the bottom, and we got better, but still we finished seventh of ten teams, but we got some really good players to join about half way through.

In our third season (Sept 07-Feb 08) we played in a ten team division, and had a 8-game unbeaten run at one stage, but after Xmas we lost it a bit, but finished a respectable 4th place.

This season is nearly over (March 08-Aug 08) and we've been hit badly by injuries, some of my players went to America for the summer, and we are at a higher standard than usual (Division 5 this season) and look like finishing 6/7/8 place, of ten teams.

Thanks for explanation,so it seems you folks arent so bad.

Tell me,you said there are 11 divisions, each division has 10 teams?

And all divisions are amateur league competition? How you getting in higher ranked league?

Said in a low tone: *Everyone ignore Delija* :D

Yeah the spic comment was over the top but its no more racist in my opinion than calling a irish person 'a paddy'......not pc....but racist....I just don't know...but I shouldn't have said it.

Neil, yeah I knew it was a joke....I was going to give you a thanks in appreciation.

How is the tennis forum acctually,wasnt paying attention and judging by that Serbia is now high class in tennis i could talk there a bit

Said in a low tone: *Everyone ignore Delija* :D

Yeah the spic comment was over the top but its no more racist in my opinion than calling a irish person 'a paddy'......not pc....but racist....I just don't know...but I shouldn't have said it.

Neil, yeah I knew it was a joke....I was going to give you a thanks in appreciation.

No you shouldn't.

I don't react well to racism, racist comments or racist terms. In fact, my finger hovered over the ban button beside your name for quite a few seconds.

I don't want to see that term (or any other like it) in a post on this forum again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement