Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Said in a low tone: *Everyone ignore Delija* :D

Ingore and Delija in same sentence,i dont like how that sounds....

Step a side young man

*smack*

Ok now i can continue posting in peace

:D:D:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Wait....PSI is Guan Yin

Lord Jesus I only realised that now - I sat wondering "wtf?" everytime I saw something about it being said and decided I didn't wanna look stupid asking.

One day I was being bollocked by PSI for posting up semi naked pics of Ana Ivanovic next day some chick called GuanYin is all up on the soccer forum as a mod and I honest to God never twigged it.

I should cut down on the booze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

you want a link like? I haven't been posting that long on it...made a thread last year but only post somewhat regulary in last month/months.

Its sort of hard to discuss tennis you know...unless specifically tournaments.

Lord Jesus I only realised that now - I sat wondering "wtf?" everytime I saw something about it being said and decided I didn't wanna look stupid asking.

One day I was being bollocked by PSI for posting up semi naked pics of Ana Ivanovic next day some chick called GuanYin is all up on the soccer forum as a mod and I honest to God never twigged it.

You too?! Dang, lads!! :D:D

Right Im off to JiuJitsu, c ya'll later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Thanks for explanation,so it seems you folks arent so bad.
    We're ok, not brilliant by any means, but we play to our strengths.
    Tell me,you said there are 11 divisions, each division has 10 teams?

Actually, this summer there are 12 divisions of ten teams, and one more with 6

So that's 126 teams.

We play once a week, and my team plays on Tuesdays, there are also games on Monday, Weds and Thurs.

Cup games are on Fridays, and we are in the 3rd round now.
    And all divisions are amateur league competition? How you getting in higher ranked league?

Yep all "amateur" in that we don't get paid. In fact, we have to pay each season. It's about €1700, plus I have to pay to wash the kit every week, and pay for footballs too.

Before each season we have to tell the league organisers which "level" we want to play at, there are three levels.

Social - people just playing for a laugh, not too serious, most important thing is playing, not winning. We played here for 3 seasons.

Medium - More serious, more focus on winning, better teams. We play there this summer

High - the top two divisions, really good teams, you have to be asked to play there I think.

you want a link like? I haven't been posting that long on it...made a thread last year but only post somewhat regulary in last month/months.

Its sort of hard to discuss tennis you know...unless specifically tournaments.

Nah i just saw its not quite lively there,very rare people posting,i thought if its good and with a lot of folks i could join them coz we are now class in tennis so i can comment about our players and tennis at all,but it seems its boring and with not a lot of people,i will check it if its going to be better when next bigger tournament is on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Thats crazy talk.
    You should drink even more then you wont have any regrets as you wont be
    able to remember what you are regretting!

lol @ people who didn't know that GY was PSI.

In fairness.

Des wrote: »
    In fairness.

Are you ronan keating ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

GuanYin wrote: »
    No you shouldn't.

I don't react well to racism, racist comments or racist terms. In fact, my finger hovered over the ban button beside your name for quite a few seconds.

I don't want to see that term (or any other like it) in a post on this forum again.

Yo PSI I know. I didn't mean any malice by it, and I didn't call him that in this thread.

I haven't even appealed against ban.

• Advertisement

Would love to get in on that Des - Where I live we have a JJB dome with 12 5-a-side pitches. I play with work twice a week - great laugh. Shame I live an hour away though.
    Des wrote:
    In fairness

Agreed - I honestly don't know how I didn't cop it.

We're ok, not brilliant by any means, but we play to our strengths.

Actually, this summer there are 12 divisions of ten teams, and one more with 6

So that's 126 teams.

We play once a week, and my team plays on Tuesdays, there are also games on Monday, Weds and Thurs.

Cup games are on Fridays, and we are in the 3rd round now.

Yep all "amateur" in that we don't get paid. In fact, we have to pay each season. It's about €1700, plus I have to pay to wash the kit every week, and pay for footballs too.

Before each season we have to tell the league organisers which "level" we want to play at, there are three levels.

Social - people just playing for a laugh, not too serious, most important thing is playing, not winning. We played here for 3 seasons.

Medium - More serious, more focus on winning, better teams. We play there this summer

High - the top two divisions, really good teams, you have to be asked to play there I think.

Cool,so theres no advance in better division by ranking but by quality and type of football you wanna play?

I like that idea and i would definitly join in if we would have that in Serbia:(

So who knows,maybe if i come to Ireland you can have a look on me,i am young,fresh blood is always welcomed,i run fast and i am from Serbia and thats weapon you can use to frighten rival team,like,he is killer dont try to get ball of him , so that means i am potential high class striker:D

IrishMike wrote: »
    Are you ronan keating ??
    Life would be quite the rollercoaster if I was.

Alas, not.
    Would love to get in on that Des - Where I live we have a JJB dome with 12 5-a-side pitches. I play with work twice a week - great laugh. Shame I live an hour away though.

Yeah, we are 11-a-side. It's great being the manager too, love running it.

I don't play, just manage. Tactical genius at time, it has to be said.

Now, seeing as I don't live with mammy, I'm making me own dinner.

Thai Red Curry, but will I have it with noodles or rice?

Noodles FTW - tastier and much easier to throw up later if you poison yourself. Rice gets into all the little nooks and crannies in your mouth.

And i forgot to add Des,what about pitch,you playing in some school hall you pay for, or?

Cool,so theres no advance in better division by ranking but by quality and type of football you wanna play?
    Pretty much yeah, it's very friendly too, but the refs....they are SHEEEE-ITE
    So who knows,maybe if i come to Ireland you can have a look on me,i am young,fresh blood is always welcomed,i run fast and i am from Serbia and thats weapon you can use to frighten rival team,like,he is killer dont try to get ball of him , so that means i am potential high class striker:D
    Of course I'd have a look, there are a lot of Eastern Europeans and people from Asia already playing in our league already.

edit : and Americans I'm sure, in case I get accused again.
    Noodles FTW - tastier and much easier to throw up later if you poison yourself. Rice gets into all the little nooks and crannies in your mouth.
    I LOVE rice though, one of my favourite foods.

I've often just done up a load of boiled rice and eaten that, not because I'm poor, but because I can't get enough of the stuff.

Hmmm. Rice it is.

And i forgot to add Des,what about pitch,you playing in some school hall you pay for, or?

It's Astro Pitches (synthetic grass), outdoor, 11-a-side football.

We pay €1,700 at the start of each season to cover costs and referees.

So, all the players pay money to me, which I add up and send on to the organisers.

Ok,that thing is cool,thanks for infos and good luck,let me know about the results and i will pay attention on threads here about that team.

You just owe me an answer about that guy with nick Serbian, is he really from Serbia?

Ok,that thing is cool,thanks for infos and good luck,let me know about the results and i will pay attention on threads here about that team.
    I don't like to post too much here about the team, because we have our own threads and stuff, if you click here you will see them

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=833
    You just owe me an answer about that guy with nick Serbian, is he really from Serbia?

lol...no, he wasn't from Serbia.

He doesn't play for us any more.

• Advertisement

Hmmm. Rice it is.

Sounds like Noodles never had a chance. Why ask Des? WHY ASK? :mad:

I don't like to post too much here about the team, because we have our own threads and stuff, if you click here you will see them

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=833

lol...no, he wasn't from Serbia.

He doesn't play for us any more.

Ok i will watch about it there and anyway i founded statistics on astro.ie so i will look around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Referee's in amateur leagues are always terrible. We had one referee try and suggest you can't be offside from a goal kick.

I take steamed rice every time :)

Ok i will watch about it there and anyway i founded statistics on astri.ie so i will look around

Sorry, it's astro.ie

Here is a link to the current league table. (I hope it works)

Here is a link to results for this season, so far. Again, I hope it works.

Referee's in amateur leagues are always terrible. We had one referee try and suggest you can't be offside from a goal kick.
    You can't in our league.

No offside. Ever. :eek:

I really must get a rice steamer.

For now though, boiled does the trick.

Nearly ready!

Can't wait, I'm Marvin'

Can't wait, I'm Marvin'

Wait i thought you were Des?

• Advertisement

Can everybody quit changing their names for five minutes?

Will the confusion ever stop?

barbie7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Mega Lol at the people only copping who GY is now.

Well this thread moves so fast and all - one morning spent doing actual work and you've missed pages of Des, Xavi and Alan.

Admitedly I should have copped it before now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

right you are! just back from a particularly frustrating amateur league game, ref gave every 50/50 or even 60/40 to the other team. Half the other team were even calling the guy by name, having a joke with him etc. Other team were dirty as fuk as well, both my legs are in bits. Scored and got an assist myself, but we still lost :(

and +1 to steamed rice. about to have some myself, with Moroccon chicken. Yum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Is this a windup ?

Is this a windup ?

Probably. Law Eleven.

Sorry, it's astro.ie

Here is a link to the current league table. (I hope it works)

Here is a link to results for this season, so far. Again, I hope it works.

Yeah i know its astro.ie i fixed it when i saw i made mistake and i founded results and table on that site,thanks

Maybe stupid question,but i am curious,what dimensions of the pitch are you playing on?Last boring question i promisse:D

Yeah i know its astro.ie i fixed it when i saw i made mistake and i founded results and table on that site,thanks

:)

Cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I hope it's a windup. :eek:

That's what happens when ya let women in football ;)

/hides under the table.

Is this a windup ?

It was actually a typo ;) I meant can instead of can't.

Not a good day for non-english speakers ;)

That's no typo, it makes no sense with "can" instead of "can't"

Are you fibbing GY?

Did the whole team berate the ref.

You are Keano in this instance.

I can picture it.

KeaneReferee_468x402.jpg

That's no typo, it makes no sense with "can" instead of "can't"

Are you fibbing GY?

Did the whole team berate the ref.
    Are you berating my English?

Our other forward received the ball from the goal kick and the referee flagged offside. As it happened, the player was onside anyway, because she was behind me and I was onside. We argued the rules with the ref, he yellow-carded our captain and we let it go.

Are you berating my English?
    :eek::eek:
    Our other forward received the ball from the goal kick and the referee flagged offside. As it happened, the player was onside anyway, because she was behind me and I was onside. We argued the rules with the ref, he yellow-carded our captain and we let it go.
    That ref and linesman were both clowns.

• Advertisement

Is there any place on boards where i can see list of banned from bgrh so i can see when my ban will be lifted?

Is there any place on boards where i can see list of banned from bgrh so i can see when my ban will be lifted?

I think if u check your personal profile it should be in under infractions?

I dont see something like that in profile

I think if u check your personal profile it should be in under infractions?
    Infraction and ban length are not always the same.

So i cant check that nowhere?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,339 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The now infamous thread title said it was a 1 week ban. An infraction stays live on your profile for 10 days, after which it expires automatically. You only need to worry about them if you clock up 9 live infractions at the same time because then you're site banned.

Where is that ban info in profile?

It doesn't show up in your profile, the mods keep note of bans.

So i cant check time of ban lifting?

• Advertisement

So i cant check time of ban lifting?

Nope, Thaed knows when it expires. I would suggest that you could pm her and ask, but on second thoughts that mightn't be such a good idea. Some time before lunch on 22/7 is my best guess as to when it expires.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement