Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Mr Alan wrote: »
    it is.

and bebo is the place to be my man....we even have a bebo boards soccer community

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=7251338343

had a Bebo account but havent used the thing in months though thats mostly cos everyone is on facebook.

Yeah we were down Xavi.

Speaking of age why is this thread tagged "Mature Lady Love"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Speaking of age why is this thread tagged "Mature Lady Love"?

Lol you'll have to ask Al about that one! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Another game, another goal, but also unfortunately a sore ankle and bruised toe which will not look good in the sandals I wanted to wear for this weekend :(

Edit: In fact, I also have a bit of a cankle with the swelling!!!!!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

GuanYin wrote: »
    Hah, you've hit on me, which is very sad.

At least I think you have, I'm not sure why else I would have thrown up a little in my mouth like that......

Maybe the conversation is too intelligent for you to get it ;);)

Oh and ive said it before and ill say it again, Bebo is for fags!
    QED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Miss the bus again Mike?! :p

Didnt miss it but it was late.
    I dont care though as i have a 3 day wedding starting tomorrow and nothing, not even PHB
    can bring me down today! :D
    God im starving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I realise that no females on boards.ie talk to me at all. Even Irishbird and corcaigcolleen. :(
    If IB wasn't banned from posting in soccer, she probably would chat, although her internet access has been restricted in work now, and she can only get on at lunchtime. I'll have a word though.

See these new rules, if someone was mid-ban when they happened, does the clean slate thing apply?
    Yeah I'm 17, 18 in just over a month....wow...exciting times.:rolleyes:
    Woo, estie turnsa 18. I think us responsible folk of Soccer should take him out for his first drink.
    Another game, another goal, but also unfortunately a sore ankle and bruised toe which will not look good in the sandals I wanted to wear for this weekend :(
    You could always wear socks with the sandals, to make yourself appear more Irish, then post the pics here. Perhaps we'll be more accepting then.

:)

Hell yeah stocked up on toast and coffee and ready to rock.
    Good job my boss is off for the next two weeks or i would never get my fantasty football team set up!

Oi des did u get the 15 from outside the swan centre in rathmines at 6.45 this morning?
    Saw a guy that looks like an extra from some viking epic with the flowing ginger locks and
    immediately thought of your avatar!

• Advertisement

IrishMike wrote: »
    Oi des did u get the 15 from outside the swan centre in rathmines at 6.45 this morning?
    Saw a guy that looks like an extra from some viking epic with the flowing ginger locks and

Are you an old granny with a white perm?

No you smartarse, its blue!

U obviously don't know what Des looks like so!

U obviously don't know what Des looks like so!

I tried in vain to tell that to the judge :(

I tried in vain to tell that to the judge :(

Plead insanity, your posts the last few mornings will support this!! :pac::pac:

Plead insanity, your posts the last few mornings will support this!! :pac::pac:

careful_now.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Try balding and wearing a pink dressing gown. Picture an asylum escapist.

Try balding and wearing a pink dressing gown. Picture an asylum escapist.

Haha!! Good ol Des, he's never live that one down....Ill shut up now though, god knows what photo of mine he'll destroy me over!!

Maybe the one of you in the stupid beanie hat? :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Girls stop arguing,its not important who have better pink or blue or whatever..... dress:D

Maybe the one of you in the stupid beanie hat? :D:D:D

I dont mind that one, I was sittin on the bonnet of a movin car (not by choice, long story), dont care what I was wearing!

• Advertisement

Sad Des is sad. :(:(

Mr Alan broke our date. :(:(

Caring factor currently running at 4%!

Des wrote: »

I'm sure you'll get over it, plenty of fish in the sea, he wasn't good enough for you, you could do better, he has chlamydia anyway, insert comforting words here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

*passes the chocolates*

Chocolate, beer and ice cream and some sappy romance films where it all works out in the end and you'll be right as rain Des!

I'm sure you'll get over it, plenty of fish in the sea, he wasn't good enough for you, you could do better,
    But I don't want anyone else.
    Sherifu wrote: »
    *passes the chocolates*
    are they roses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

are they roses?
    If you want them to be.

I know it feels that way now, but trust me, in time you'll realise that he is the best thing that never happened to you when you are happy again.

you say this now, but had u have gone on the date wil Al, u would have got a whiff of his pungent B.O and would have been lookin for any excuse to get outta there!! A blessing in disguise really!

Lads.

I've been approached by a reporter about a thread I posted in another part of the website. They want to use it as a story.

Pity it's the bleedin' Sun. :mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Now its your chance to become famous:D

Now its your chance to become famous:D

Not really.

Here's a story.

About 4 years ago, I posted this

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=191571

A different reporter contacted me that time, and I told them I wasn't interested in talking to them.

BUT.

They went and printed my ENTIRE post anyway, in a two page spread in a NATIONAL paper (The Evening Herald.)

Ok i wasnt reading it but i payed attention what is it about.What they want now after 4 years?

Ok i wasnt reading it but i payed attention what is it about.What they want now after 4 years?

No, no, no.

I've been approached today about a different post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

cue everyone stalking Des' posts to find the story :p

No, no, no.

I've been approached today about a different post.

Was it by the postman?
    Cause if it was dont worry that happens everyone!

So it seems they see you as possible collegue or something coz you are exposed to all kinda of things out there,maybe they want you to work under cover for them:D
    I understand what you mean,i wouldnt feel nice about those things....

Did you ever find out if the dirt bags got time?

pvt.joker wrote: »
    cue everyone stalking Des' posts to find the story :p

I'm sure you've seen it?

had you no comment to make?

Some of the people in that forum are proper ****. I hope you don't turn out like that.

• Advertisement

?? first I've heard of this. *goes off to check*

Did you ever find out if the dirt bags got time?

Well, I went to Australia in Aug 05, about 10 months after the incident.

In November 05 the cops got in touch with me out there, and flew me home for a court case, to be a witness, in Feb 06. The Gardaí flew me home.

When I arrived in Dublin at about 11 on a Monday morning, having flown from Sydney-->Hong Kong-->London-->Dublin about 22hrs travel, I sat down to a big fry in me ma's gaf, only for the Gardaí to ring and tell me, actually, they've now pleaded guilty, so we won't be needing you. :eek:

Anyway, I took a two week break at home, they were flying me back out too, and on the day I was due to fly back, on the way to the airport with my parents, we got a phone call, my granny had died, so we turned around, went home, and I made some calls. The flight companies were great, and changed all my dates to another week later. So I was able to stay for the funeral.

They were both sentenced in the June 06, and as far as I know, got a few years each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Some of the people in that forum are proper ****.

Just one big one by the look of it :pac:

What did you tell the journo?

What did you tell the journo?

I'm not even going to reply to a sun journo tbh.

yeah that metman guy is well out of order in that thread.
    Glad the hear the scumbags did time anyway, not enough of it though i'd say :(

Filth, pure filth. Fair play Des for doing something. Too many people actually walk by these things and do absolutely nothing. Its understandable in one way, these people fear ending up being the guiy on the ground. But thats just horrible. Glad that f.u.cker got put away. Waste of life.

• Advertisement

. Its understandable in one way, these people fear ending up being the guiy on the ground.

Not to me it's not. How would they feel if they were that person on the ground? Anyone that could walk by and watch a guy getting stamped on the head is inhuman tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Hello from sunny corfu lads :D as promised am having a cocktail for ye all!

What's the gossip? Haven't time to read all the posts here...

Well, I went to Australia in Aug 05, about 10 months after the incident.

In November 05 the cops got in touch with me out there, and flew me home for a court case, to be a witness, in Feb 06. The Gardaí flew me home.

When I arrived in Dublin at about 11 on a Monday morning, having flown from Sydney-->Hong Kong-->London-->Dublin about 22hrs travel, I sat down to a big fry in me ma's gaf, only for the Gardaí to ring and tell me, actually, they've now pleaded guilty, so we won't be needing you. :eek:

Anyway, I took a two week break at home, they were flying me back out too, and on the day I was due to fly back, on the way to the airport with my parents, we got a phone call, my granny had died, so we turned around, went home, and I made some calls. The flight companies were great, and changed all my dates to another week later. So I was able to stay for the funeral.

They were both sentenced in the June 06, and as far as I know, got a few years each.

Something at least. Quite a story man. I'd say you were gutted at first after flying all that way for the pricks to plead guilty. Still though - free 'holiday' home and you got to your Gran's funeral.

Hello from sunny corfu lads :D as promised am having a cocktail for ye all!

What's the gossip? Haven't time to read all the posts here...

Wats the craaaic! Sh1t weather and we're all in work, don't wanna be hearin about sunny Corfu!

Enjoyin yourself yea?! The craic is thay Al and Des finally arranged their big date, and then Al; bailed, we're all gutted. You can't write this drama! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

What? He bailed? He can't miss me that much??!! This sounds better than home and away :D Weather is unreal but we're being eaten alive by bugs. How bad tho, beats being stuck at home. When are ur repeats?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement