Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mr Alan wrote: »
    couldn't understand your skobie accent Des :D

STFU posho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just watching a Bondi Rescue programme on tv and they had these two absolute langers from Cork on it, bloke and a girl, and they had to SUBTITLE what they were saying! Fuckin hilarious!

lol

Typical.

What "wacky backpacker" things were they up to?

Ah he went off for a swim and didn't tell her, got pulled out to sea and had to be rescued. She came up and gave him a massive earful, sayin he'd been gone an hour etc. In fairness her rant was pretty hard to make out.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

afternoon all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

afternoon irishbint.

Des wrote: »
    Xavi, there's a girl in BGRH sending some stuff over from New Zealand.

How come you never offered to send stuff from Oz?

I NEED some Cherry Ripes and Burger Rings.

NOW!

Cherry-ripe.jpg

7448.jpg

Can i have some lime fanta, cheesy bacon balls and a veggie burger from hungry jacks

please

thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

All this talk of corn snacks is making me hungry.

D'ya know what they need to bring back over here; Dunkin Donuts! My god, when I lived in New York last summer the place was a mecca. Open 24/7 and always a plethora of varities.

I'd settle for a Tim Hortons if needs be.

irishbird wrote: »
    Can i have some lime fanta, cheesy bacon balls and a veggie burger from hungry jacks

please

thank you

My friend has those....................well, if he doesn't shower for 3 or 4 days. ;)

irishbird wrote: »

please

thank you

Hmmmm well I could try manage the cheesy bacon balls. The others would be a little bit more tricky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

D'ya know what they need to bring back over here; Dunkin Donuts! My god, when I lived in New York last summer the place was a mecca. Open 24/7 and always a plethora of varities.

+1000

Never been to one, but a friend recently brought back this vanilla-flavoured coffee from over there. It...was...unreal. Barely been able to drink the normal stuff since.

My friend has those....................well, if he doesn't shower for 3 or 4 days. ;)

Yeah, sure, a 'friend' :rolleyes:

+1000

Never been to one, but a friend recently brought back this vanilla-flavoured coffee from over there. It...was...unreal. Barely been able to drink the normal stuff since.
    I HATE coffee
    Xavi6 wrote: »

lol

I HATE coffee

I'm more of a tea person myself, but this stuff was divine.

I'm more of a tea person myself, but this stuff was divine.

I'm more of a beer man :p

Coffee for the lose. Tea is your only man.

I'm more of a beer man :p

Touche :pac:

White Hot Chocolate ftw! Can't get it over here, but Starbucks in America and Canada do it, and it is feckin liquid gold.

TBH though, nothing beats a can of pop that has been chilling in the freezer for about 2 hours. re-fresh-ment!

Starbucks Iced Tea ftw.

Again, it can't be had in Ireland, the bastards.

Charlie, wats in your sig? the Liverpool/Utd thing, i cant watch it in work......

• Advertisement

I thought by 'friend' it was implied that I was referring to myself in a slovenly state, where my couch and boxers are begging me to get off my ass and have a wash. Lazy days ftw!!!

Coffee for the lose. Tea is your only man.

I never drank coffee until I started my latest job. Now I use it to stay awake during the day! :rolleyes:

Charlie, wats in your sig? the Liverpool/Utd thing, i cant watch it in work......

Now that would be telling!

Ah no, it's an article by Gab Marcotti highlight United's weaknesses and why he thinks Liverpool can challenge this year for the title. Read it when you get home.

My bleedin arse it is, rick rolllin coming your way Al

Probably just as well for you tbh!

darkknightposter1.jpg

oh, i cant wait

Christian Bale is such a sex god :D

darkknightposter1.jpg

Stop teasin my bean! Can't see it until saturday!

Stop teasin my bean! Can't see it until saturday!

Oh, I'm strung out til Friday....:(

It's crap lads, wouldn't waste your time going to it :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Ah no, it's an article by Gab Marcotti highlight United's weaknesses and why he thinks Liverpool can challenge this year for the title. Read it when you get home.

My bleedin arse it is, rick rolllin coming your way Al

Utter drivel...the whole article. Typical "this is our year" type crap :rolleyes:

It's crap lads, wouldn't waste your time going to it :p

No spoilers.

:mad:

On topic my friend. On topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

See some petrol stations in dundalk have the Tim Horton franchise now.. Pity they don't have the Tim-Bits mini donut balls..

Roshambo'ing for anyone that spoils this movie.

Looks like Bale is in trouble with the law:

By WENN world entertainment news - Tuesday, July 22 08:30 am

Batman star Christian Bale has been accused of assaulting his mother and sister.
    (Advertisement)

The star's mother Jenny, 61, and sister Sharon, 40, claim Bale lashed out at London's Dorchester Hotel on Sunday night. The pair filed their allegation at a police station in Hampshire, England on Monday.

But authorities were reluctant to speak to Bale on Monday - because he was promoting his new movie, The Dark Knight, in London.

A source tells British newspaper The Sun, "It was a very difficult situation but it would have been wrong to have wrecked the premiere over a complaint which we don't yet know is founded in truth.

"But Mr Bale will be contacted at the earliest opportunity and be asked to provide an account of anything that happened."

A police spokesman says, "We can confirm we have received allegation from another force in relation to an alleged incident in central London."

Link

• Advertisement

+1000

Yea its their French Vanilla coffee. Fcuking delish so it is. Better than ur starbucks shite

ibh wrote: »
    See some petrol stations in dundalk have the Tim Horton franchise now.. Pity they don't have the Tim-Bits mini donut balls..

They have there here in Spars and Tescos in Dublin, but there not the same. In Canada they are baked like every hour, have timbits, and have loads of variety. The stuff you get here is dried out frozen sh/t. Mr Horton would be turning in his grave!

Bit of useless info. but you know Ed O Neil's (Al Bundy to you an me) character in Wayne' World; 'Stan Mikita', that's a piss take on Hortons.

They have there here in Spars and Tescos in Dublin, but there not the same. In Canada they are baked like every hour, have timbits, and have loads of variety. The stuff you get here is dried out frozen sh/t. Mr Horton would be turning in his grave!

Bit of useless info. but you know Ed O Neil's (Al Bundy to you an me) character in Wayne' World; 'Stan Mikita', that's a piss take on Hortons.

Yea i tasted the 'Irish' version and it hasn't a patch on the real deal..

Its the only reason i could start work at 6.30am in Canada, a bucket of TH with plenty of sugar and a pack of Players.

Was Horton a failed hockey player or something???

No a successful one, hence the piss take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Yea i tasted the 'Irish' version and it hasn't a patch on the real deal..

Its the only reason i could start work at 6.30am in Canada, a bucket of TH with plenty of sugar and a pack of Players.

Oh how a miss TH stopped off on the way to work each morning when in Montreal yum, Tesco in Celbridge has a franchise but its not the same :(.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

It still tastes better than that insomnia **** or that god awful o briens coffee!

IrishMike wrote: »
    It still tastes better than that insomnia **** or that god awful o briens coffee!

It's amazing the amount of rubbish coffee sold here and not cheap either.

In Toronto my g-friend was working in a tiny coffee shop and it was way better than Tim Hortons so needless to say i still get withdrawl symptoms here sometimes..

Irishbint: your Bale lad has just been arrested.

serves them right for daring to mess with Batman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

What kind of topsy turvy world is it when Batman can't even beat his wife and sister?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Kold wrote: »
    What kind of topsy turvy world is it when Batman can't even beat his wife and sister?

I really hope the trial is televised and they end each days with coverage with "find out same Bat time, same Bat channel!"

:D

I really hope the trial is televised and they end each days with coverage with "find out same Bat time, same Bat channel!"

:D

Maybe a dramatic re-enactment with POW! WHAMMO!!! THROMP!!!! KAWANGO!!!!!! signs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Kold wrote: »

i saw it was his mother:eek:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2008/jul/22/christian.bale?gusrc=rss&feed=networkfront

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

It's amazing the amount of rubbish coffee sold here and not cheap either.

In Toronto my g-friend was working in a tiny coffee shop and it was way better than Tim Hortons so needless to say i still get withdrawl symptoms here sometimes..

Yea i was in one in Kingston On, there was a little coffee shop in a book store and it was very nice

someone just had a go at me about being a Liverpool fan in the music production forum, LOL:D actually quite a good put down :D can't wait till he gets access :rolleyes:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56645759&postcount=11

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement