Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Morning Al, is that better?

ah sure, i dont pay any heed of the pig

anyone else really bored in work?

i need a new job so i can actually use my brain but these god damn government jobs are too cusy to leave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Morning y'all.

Weather looking lush today. Me thinks bbq and beers for lunch today. Booo-yeaaahhh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,695 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Dub13 wrote: »
    Its like a girls school yard in here this morrning.

Oh I wish! :D

Its like this every morning tbh.

Standard OT Thread day:

- Xavi and GY keep the thread tickin over night while we all rest, the odd music vid, the odd disagreement, the odd drunken poster stops in.

-Irish Mike misses the bus, starts day off with :mad:

- Mr Alan and Des exchange morning pleasantries.

- Us "daywalkers" then keep the thread going through the day with whatever comes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Mornin IB, Mornin Pighead, Mornin Des, Mornin Al, Bye Bye Xavi etc
    Morning Neil1984, how are you? Would Pighead be right in assuming that you have no recollection of Irelands glory years in 88 and 90? How depressing! Maybe you have vague memories of 90? Pighead was born in 77 and can't remember anything football related before Mexico 86. Maybe I was a slow kid though.

Its like this every morning tbh.

Standard OT Thread day:

- Xavi and GY keep the thread tickin over night while we all rest, the odd music vid, the odd disagreement, the odd drunken poster stops in.

-Irish Mike misses the bus, starts day off with :mad:

- Mr Alan and Des exchange morning pleasantries.

- Us "daywalkers" then keep the thread going through the day with whatever comes up.

You sir are master of the internetz.

1 less day to Batman. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

/leers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

1 less day to Batman. :)

Yep! If I hadn't been so slow off my arse I'd be going to see it tonight :(

I notice you have an Entourage banner in your sig, excellent show. After I watched the pilot I had the whole lot watched within the next 3 or 4 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Don't think it merits a thread of its own but whats the most random jersey anyone's seen in a random place or situation? The other day i saw a chubby romanian kid in Pavia (near Milan) wearing a Crystal Palace jersey from a couple of years ago, while two weeks ago i saw an Indian flower seller outside a nightclub in Milan wearing the 1997 Leinster jersey. What other weird ones does anyone have?

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    Morning Neil1984, how are you? Would Pighead be right in assuming that you have no recollection of Irelands glory years in 88 and 90? How depressing! Maybe you have vague memories of 90? Pighead was born in 77 and can't remember anything football related before Mexico 86. Maybe I was a slow kid though.

Im great Piggy, back in work after bein sick. For some perverse reason that makes me happy, which in turn makes me sad that it makes me happy to be in work, which makes me happy that Im sad that Im happy cos it means that Im not sad! :confused:

Pighead would be correct, my earliest footy memory was Packie Bonner saving Timofte's penalty, did not realise the significance at the time, figured if my whole family were goin mental then it must be a big deal.

Maybe the old brain cells are rotting away now that you're in your 30's no!? :P

In fairness, Maradona in 86 is as good a memory as any to be your first football memory no?!

I notice you have an Entourage banner in your sig, excellent show. After I watched the pilot I had the whole lot watched within the next 3 or 4 days.

LOL Every single person, including myself, that I know who has gotten into that show did the exact same thing. It is ridiculously addictive. Perfect blokes show.

Cn't wait for season 5 in September.

carlop wrote: »
    Don't think it merits a thread of its own but whats the most random jersey anyone's seen in a random place or situation?

Anybody in a Sunderland jersey.

carlop wrote: »
    Don't think it merits a thread of its own but whats the most random jersey anyone's seen in a random place or situation? The other day i saw a chubby romanian kid in Pavia (near Milan) wearing a Crystal Palace jersey from a couple of years ago, while two weeks ago i saw an Indian flower seller outside a nightclub in Milan wearing the 1997 Leinster jersey. What other weird ones does anyone have?

Over in Thailand it kinda loses its randomness. You see a really random array of jerseys in Asia in general actually.

For example, we saw a Thai kid (maybe14-15 years old wearing a Dundee United jersey). When I asked him about it he was able to tell me that a Scottish tourist gave it to him. So I figure thats probably how it comes about. Leinster played in Milan a good few years back so Id imagine thats how he got it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Maybe the old brain cells are rotting away now that you're in your 30's no!? :P

In fairness, Maradona in 86 is as good a memory as any to be your first football memory no?!
    Without doubt young Neil. The Pighead of old would have replied to this post before your one even appeared on the page. Alas no more. It's all ahead of you son.

Yeah that England V Argentina game still ranks as one of the all time greats. It was also the occasion of my first experiences collecting stickers of players. Think I have about five completed 1st Division sticker books at home somewhere. Do kids still do that these days or are they too busy shooting up heroin?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Johnny Drama is a legend. Hope it never ends.

The missus loves it too.

Johnny Drama is a legend. Hope it never ends.

Favourite tv character, ever. So many LOL moments involving that bloke.

Well it's suppose to run for another 5 nyears and end with a movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Anybody in a Sunderland jersey.

Read this morning that Padraig Harrington supports Sunderland :rolleyes:

Favourite tv character, ever. So many LOL moments involving that bloke.

Well it's suppose to run for another 5 nyears and end with a movie.

Ive seen one episode ever, the one where he mouths off to Chuck Liddell in traffic. Good fun. Must have a look at some other episodes once the ol repeats are over.

NOTHING will EVER top the Sopranos though.

My favourite show right now is My Name is Earl. Was watching Mallrats the other night, didn't realise Earl and Randy had been in shows together before. Forgot Randy played the sailboat guy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,695 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Read this morning that Padraig Harrington supports Sunderland :rolleyes:

Leave him alone, that young man made me alot of money at weekend!

Without doubt young Neil. The Pighead of old would have replied to this post before your one even appeared on the page. Alas no more. It's all ahead of you son.

Yeah that England V Argentina game still ranks as one of the all time greats. It was also the occasion of my first experiences collecting stickers of players. Think I have about five completed 1st Division sticker books at home somewhere. Do kids still do that these days or are they too busy shooting up heroin?

Yea i know. First you start finding grey hairs downstairs. Then upstairs. Then in the bathroom. Then outside on the road. Then in your car. Then, the final insult, in bed. Old age is approaching.....:o

Hmmm stickers, did that one time when I was in fifth class, got all the United players, that was it for me really. Wasnt @rsed after that. Took the heroin up in 6th class and havent looked back. No regrets tbh.

Ive seen one episode ever, the one where he mouths off to Chuck Liddell in traffic. Good fun. Must have a look at some other episodes once the ol repeats are over.

NOTHING will EVER top the Sopranos though.

My favourite show right now is My Name is Earl. Was watching Mallrats the other night, didn't realise Earl and Randy had been in shows together before. Forgot Randy played the sailboat guy!

Sopranos is class as well, but they are two different shows. Sopranos is gripping, and kinda asks questions to the viewer when watching it. Entourage is just 30 mins of pure escapism, like a good **** really.

You should definitely track down some box-sets or *ahem* episodes from your 'cousin' in America. I have yet to meet anyone who has watched a few episodes not get hooked by it.

Anyone remember back in the stickers day when some runt in your school would have a wad of them, someone would smack them out of their hands into the air and shout "gushie!!!!" Cue everyone scrambling to nick a few.

Ahhhhh good times.

Anyone remember back in the stickers day when some runt in your school would have a wad of them, someone would smack them out of their hands into the air and shout "gushie!!!!" Cue everyone scrambling to nick a few.

Ahhhhh good times.

Ah yes, nothin like a good ol gushie! Or a pile-on, so much better than heroin, what were we thinking?!

Or a pile-on, so much better than heroin, what were we thinking?!

Indeed. Some very homo-erotic tendencies back then. I remember when the 'rasher' epidemic swept our school. Basically everyone was going around smacking each others bums. :o Yet anyone who admitted to **** was labelled gay :confused: Strange days indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

Boggles wrote: »
    Leave him alone, that young man made me alot of money at weekend!

And me

Indeed. Some very homo-erotic tendencies back then. I remember when the 'rasher' epidemic swept our school. Basically everyone was going around smacking each others bums. :o Yet anyone who admitted to **** was labelled gay :confused: Strange days indeed.

Ah yes, throw nut taps into that mix too........ heroin is much better after all.

Ah the old **** taboo. Remember the days:

Aged < 14/15 : "I bet you **** u filthy animal"

Aged > 15 : "I bet you're crap at **** you loser!"

Aged > 20 : "I bet u cant **** as many times a day as I can"

etc etc.....quite an odd subject really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

Over in Thailand it kinda loses its randomness. You see a really random array of jerseys in Asia in general actually.

For example, we saw a Thai kid (maybe14-15 years old wearing a Dundee United jersey). When I asked him about it he was able to tell me that a Scottish tourist gave it to him.

Did you ask him what he had to do to get it. I have a brother who lived there for 2 years lots of sick pedos who go to the villages out there for very cheap sex with young boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Im hungry :(

For example, we saw a Thai kid (maybe14-15 years old wearing a Dundee United jersey). When I asked him about it he was able to tell me that a Scottish tourist gave it to him. So I figure thats probably how it comes about. Leinster played in Milan a good few years back so Id imagine thats how he got it!

Yeha actually i was in thailand myself last year and im sure i saw all sorts of weird jerseys. Good call about the leinster one, i was pretty confused as to how he could ever have gotten hold of it but that explanation makes sense

• Advertisement

patmac wrote: »
    Did you ask him what he had to do to get it. I have a brother who lived there for 2 years lots of sick pedos who go to the villages out there for very cheap sex with young boys.

Em no i didnt :eek: I did notice pretty much every second lad hookin up with Thai "girls".......not cool. Kuala lumpur was worse, we walked into a bar and it was full of 17/18 year old girls (if even :() with mid 40's/50's men with their wedding rings still on on hanging out of them. Made me sick.

From what i gathered it was drunk Scot being friendly but there goes my innocent view of that one :(

Away from the paedo topic, your brother, was he working out there? How'd he find the experience? Id love to go back for a long period of time, I wanna do a Muay-Thai camp over there for a couple of months but Id love to just keep movin. My cousin lasted 9 months over there (goin also to China, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, India and Hong Kong) on 7 and a half grand! When i was over I only got to Thailand, malaysia and Singapore briefly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Why is Thailand meant to be so much fun anyway? I've heard it's pretty risky to get drugs over there.

Kold wrote: »
    Why is Thailand meant to be so much fun anyway? I've heard it's pretty risky to get drugs over there.

Well we all know that no drugs = no fun right? :rolleyes: We were lying, its a terrible place, go to Colombia.

Its fun because its a beautiful country with loads of paradise locations, lovely food, and is a cheap place to be in. Loads of things to do, some great scuba, boat trips, etc etc. Its a great culture to experience. Its fun because you meet lots of interesting people. Its fun because the nightlife in the islands is renowned as being one of the best parties in the world. Its fun because of many different reasons. Its no less fun just because they have extremely strict laws (long jail terms, death penalty) for drug trafficers) tbh. Just dont do drugs in Thailand.

Well we all know that no drugs = no fun right? :rolleyes:

No. Drugs are fun. That's why people do them.

A bucket of rum costs 2 euro, that should help explain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Careful now. Drugs are bad mmkay

No. Drugs are fun. That's why people do them.

Hence by your reasoning no drugs = no fun yes? Just for you, the red bull and whiskey over there is laced with amphetamines and they're not illegal so you needent worry, there's enough substances in them to keep your pupils dilated so there'll no danger of you sobering up and finding your self in this hellhole.

If so many people go there, how does the booze remain that cheap? Looks fairly pretty actually, when's optimum time to go there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

You really don't like anywhere outside Dublin much do you?
    What? I love Melbourne and San Franciso, don't mind San Diego, I really love New Zealand, it's my second favourite place on the planet, especially the city of ChristChurch, after Dublin.

I really, really don't like Cork though.
    Mornin IB, Mornin Pighead, Mornin Des, Mornin Al, Bye Bye Xavi etc
    :D

And I wasn't even here.

Eh? I was born in '79 and can remember watching Platini's France on tv. I remember because it was on many TVs in the local Hire Purchase place.

Great memories of my English Uncle during the England Argentina match in '86.

And my dad ranting about Wim Kieft being offside in '88.

And my mother giving out about all of us shouting at the penalties in '90.

I also am banned from Access Requests. :(

If so many people go there, how does the booze remain that cheap? Looks fairly pretty actually, when's optimum time to go there?

Dunno, dont care. Naggin of Thai whiskey (Sansung) + 2 small bottles of Thai Red Bull (think its still called red bull) + one bucket + about 20 straws + Haad Rin Beach in Koh Phangan = happy days.

June/July is monsoon season meanin you get heavy rain every 4/5 days and maybe one shower for half an hour a day, otherwise its blisteringly hot and sunny.

August is more like perma sunshine.

Depends, I was there June and July 06, rain didnt bother me one bit. Went white water rafting in Chiang Mai and it p1ssed rain, which made it even more fun. odd thing was we hit a 3 mile stretch of gentle calm water and the sun came out, was like the weather was synch'd with our descent!

Stay the hell away from all drugs over there if thats your thing (Im guessing it is), if u get caught then your best case scenario is a lot of jail time, if you're lucky.

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    What? I love Melbourne and San Franciso, don't mind San Diego, I really love New Zealand, it's my second favourite place on the planet, especially the city of ChristChurch, after Dublin.

Eh....Des?! :eek::confused::confused:

so now i'm quoted in three sigs. great :cool:

lovely day outside, i am so depressed in work today man. gonna try and take tomorrow off.

i saw a woman who had no feet yesterday by the way, weird.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Des wrote: »
    I really, really don't like Cork though.

...or Dundalk.

i just had the best homemade shepards pie ever

it was yummy, so worth carrying that bag of potatos home last night

irishbird wrote: »
    so worth carrying that bag of potatos home last night

that might be the most Irish thing that has EVER been posted in the soccer forum :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Em no i didnt :eek: I did notice pretty much every second lad hookin up with Thai "girls".......not cool. Kuala lumpur was worse, we walked into a bar and it was full of 17/18 year old girls (if even :() with mid 40's/50's men with their wedding rings still on on hanging out of them. Made me sick.

From what i gathered it was drunk Scot being friendly but there goes my innocent view of that one :(

Away from the paedo topic, your brother, was he working out there? How'd he find the experience? Id love to go back for a long period of time, I wanna do a Muay-Thai camp over there for a couple of months but Id love to just keep movin. My cousin lasted 9 months over there (goin also to China, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, India and Hong Kong) on 7 and a half grand! When i was over I only got to Thailand, malaysia and Singapore briefly.

Just got an email from my bro, who's over in Thailand and on one of those Muay Thai camps. Said its unreal. Very tough training, class weather and a good atmosphere in most places.
    Went to see some of the fight nights in Koh Sumai when i was there and it's good craic.

Would love to be away travelling again but it's not going to happen for quite a while unfortunately..

so now i'm quoted in three sigs. great :cool:

lovely day outside, i am so depressed in work today man. gonna try and take tomorrow off.

i saw a woman who had no feet yesterday by the way, weird.

Al, you're quoteworthy, might even run a search on you and see if I can get u in mine!! :D

Yea im headin out for a perv...i mean a walk now in a sec. :cool:

In Thailand its a regular occurance to see men with no legs and arms sat on the road begging. Rumour has it that guys actually own these poor feckers and round them up at the end of the day, put em in a van and take their money. Seriously. They're unable to move and its frankly very disturbing. Makes for a pretty unpleasant walk down the road and is why im not a big fan of Bangkok. And yes Al, its pretty unsettling. Did she have metal "feet" like that guy who was trying to get into the Olympics?

ibh wrote: »
    Just got an email from my bro, who's over in Thailand and on one of those Muay Thai camps. Said its unreal. Very tough training, class weather and a good atmosphere in most places.
    Went to see some of the fight nights in Koh Sumai when i was there and it's good craic.

Would love to be away travelling again but it's not going to happen for quite a while unfortunately..

Yea the trainin regimes are fierce hard. Up at 6am every morning for a 5mile run (usually barefoot) and then 2 separate sessions working kicks and knees in the mornin and punches/elbows in the afternoon. Did one class over there for an afternoon, was great. Wasnt over for that though so that was all I got. How longs he training there for? Is he at Fairtex?

yea its hard not to when you're in Samui, the pick up driving up and down the street makes you well aware of it!! :D

Ive 2 years and 10 months and I am GONE!! :pac::pac: Sure itll fly by :( Canada and Australia for a year each (I hope) and a treck around S.E Asia.

that might be the most Irish thing that has EVER been posted in the soccer forum :P

Takes a bow

well, i grow my own potatos, but arent ready to be harvested just yet

• Advertisement

This fuckin dissertation is slowly but surely killing my joy! All the boys are presently on a road trip in California, and the next stop is Vegas! Boo-fuckin-urns!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement