Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

This fuckin dissertation is slowly but surely killing my joy! All the boys are presently on a road trip in California, and the next stop is Vegas! Boo-fuckin-urns!

I feel your pain dude, I feel your pain.

Pain in the glutes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Did she have metal "feet" like that guy who was trying to get into the Olympics?

no, she walked on her "stubs" although she was wearing some version of shoes, she looked like a strong breeze would blow her over. poor woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

irishbird wrote: »
    i just had the best homemade shepards pie ever
    Shepherd's Pie has meat in it.

very true Des.Irishbird- wats the story?!:confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Des wrote: »
    Shepherd's Pie has meat in it.

no it has shepherds in it but i couldnt find any yesterday, so made it with Quorn Mince which you are having for your dinner tonight and you would be able to tell the difference:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Mr Alan wrote: »
    so now i'm quoted in three sigs. great :cool:

lovely day outside, i am so depressed in work today man. gonna try and take tomorrow off.

i saw a woman who had no feet yesterday by the way, weird.

I was going to take today off, thought about it on monday when i saw the forecast, but for some reason I didnt. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I really, really don't like Cork though.

Why?

no, she walked on her "stubs" although she was wearing some version of shoes, she looked like a strong breeze would blow her over. poor woman.

Jeeeeee-aysus. :eek:

thats nasty, put me off my lunch. That and the memories of those poor lads in Bangkok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Yea the trainin regimes are fierce hard. Up at 6am every morning for a 5mile run (usually barefoot) and then 2 separate sessions working kicks and knees in the mornin and punches/elbows in the afternoon. Did one class over there for an afternoon, was great. Wasnt over for that though so that was all I got. How longs he training there for? Is he at Fairtex?

yea its hard not to when you're in Samui, the pick up driving up and down the street makes you well aware of it!! :D

Ive 2 years and 10 months and I am GONE!! :pac::pac: Sure itll fly by :( Canada and Australia for a year each (I hope) and a treck around S.E Asia.

Think he's only doing a week of training. Haven't a clue where though?? He lives in Oz and is just there on a couple of weeks holiday so it's not a month long camp or anything..

I would be hoping to be gone myself within 1 year and 10 months but it just seems to be dragging along so slowly..
    I'm going to move to Canada on a long term (5 years) basis. Could go straight back to a good job in Sydney tomorrow but i'd like to see more of the world than just go back to Australia.

Would love to go back to Asia for about 3 months. Going to spend the remainder of my day dreaming of being a long way from here....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Kold wrote: »
    Why?
    Probably because there's skobes in Cork who throw stones at buses, which you'll never find in Dublin... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Probably because there's skobes in Cork who throw stones at buses, which you'll never find in Dublin... :rolleyes:

Actually, I said in my post (Post #5552 in this thread, link) that I was on a bus last friday and a skobe threw a rock and smashed a window on it. :rolleyes:

But sure go on there and make stuff up, or ignore things I said. It's the true way of the Soccer Forum after all.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Des there arent enough rolleyes in that post :rolleyes:

Actually, I said in my post (Post #5552 in this thread, link) that I was on a bus last friday and a skobe threw a rock and smashed a window on it. :rolleyes:

But sure go on there and make stuff up, or ignore things I said. It's the true way of the Soccer Forum after all.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    My point was that the reason you thought it was fair to label Dundalk a ****hole was because skobes throw stones at your bus.

ffs
    ffs

My point was that the reason you thought it was fair to label Dundalk a ****hole was because skobes throw stones at your bus.

ffs
    ffs

FFS

Theres not enough ffs in your post

FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I'm getting a raging clue right now.

Sherifu wrote: »
    I'm getting a raging clue right now.

Nothing worse than having a clue when you're not supposed to. Thats what ruined your idol after all :pac::pac:

So why do you hate Cork?

So why do you hate Cork?

If I told you, I'd be banned.

If I told you, I'd be banned.

The reason is that stupid so?

ibh wrote: »
    Think he's only doing a week of training. Haven't a clue where though?? He lives in Oz and is just there on a couple of weeks holiday so it's not a month long camp or anything..

I would be hoping to be gone myself within 1 year and 10 months but it just seems to be dragging along so slowly..
    I'm going to move to Canada on a long term (5 years) basis. Could go straight back to a good job in Sydney tomorrow but i'd like to see more of the world than just go back to Australia.

Would love to go back to Asia for about 3 months. Going to spend the remainder of my day dreaming of being a long way from here....

Ah yea, a lot of people do that. Those camps are tough, mentally gruelling, a week is generally recommended for your first one.

LOL at us, timing when our contracts are up!! I wanna eventually move to Australia but have so many places I wanna go to on the way.

How did you find Sydney? Ive heard Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane are also good (though Ive heard of those 3 there's not as much to do in Brisbane)

Asia is amazing really, the cultural lessons you learn are great.

• Advertisement

Yep. :)

Almost as stupid as the reasons most of u guys have for hating Dublin ;):P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Is there a full moon at the minute?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Attack!

Ah yea, a lot of people do that. Those camps are tough, mentally gruelling, a week is generally recommended for your first one.

LOL at us, timing when our contracts are up!! I wanna eventually move to Australia but have so many places I wanna go to on the way.

How did you find Sydney? Ive heard Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane are also good (though Ive heard of those 3 there's not as much to do in Brisbane)

Asia is amazing really, the cultural lessons you learn are great.

Most underrated city in Australia= Adelaide.
    Really nice place and most people don't bother with it.

Sydney is a great place although plenty of people don't like it. I put this down to most of them never leaving the Eastern Suburbs. Newtown is a class area of the city as is Manly and DeeWhy, most Paddies don't go to these places.

I am considering a stint in asia before i head off to Canada. Didn't see enough of it the last time. Might get to India this time.
    Then maybe South America..... I get the feeling i'll never settle in one place..

I don't hate Dublin at all. I like it alot and head up regularly. Fair enough I've never lived there but if I did I might dislike it for the rat-race and general nightmare traffic. Headin up for a few pints now and again keeps it fresh and enjoyable imo.

Do Dundalk people not head "down" to Dublin, no?

Then maybe South America.......
    South America is on my long long list. My friend is there at the moment and cycled "Death Road" yesterday:

Link

I get the feeling i'll never settle in one place..

+ 1. Ill only stop moving Id say when or if I have a wife and kids tbh.

Do Dundalk people not head "down" to Dublin, no?

Strangely enough Des, no. Dundalk people for some reason go 'up' to Dublin. Its a geographic anomaly. It's like 'gravity hill' in Lordship.

They often go 'down' to Newry as well. This is probably because of the the big hill leading down to Newry, it feels like you're heading South..

• Advertisement

South America is on my long long list. My friend is there at the moment and cycled "Death Road" yesterday:

Link

That place is nuts. Mate of mine did it a few months ago, and 20 minutes before they went off, some girl went over the edge :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Evening gents. Fuckin lashed all evening. Pitch was like a mud bath. Reminded me of home!

I don't hate Dublin, I usually stick a dig in because Dubs think it's so much better than anywhere else, which it isn't imo. The only real perks of the place are Gigs, Nitelinks and sexy foreign chicks.

Cork is pretty cool though, hated it when I first moved here (Londoner's claustrophobia) but it's really grown on me.

I don't hate Dublin, I usually stick a dig in because Dubs think it's so much better than anywhere else,

The absolute bare-faced cheek of a Cork person saying this :eek::eek:

If anyone can be accused of thinking this, it's Cork people about Cork.

Jesus.

Anyway, the only reason Dublin people say Dublin is better than everywhere else, is becasue it IS. :D

pvt.joker wrote: »
    That place is nuts. Mate of mine did it a few months ago, and 20 minutes before they went off, some girl went over the edge :(

Yea its a feckin crazy place. Id love to cycle down it all the same. Ive an uncanny knack for going TOWARDS danger..... subconscious death wish or just plain adrenaline junkie.....or just dumbass, im gonna go with dumbass!

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Evening gents. Fuckin lashed all evening. Pitch was like a mud bath. Reminded me of home!

Everytime u post moaning about the weather from now on should result in a ban for you!

• Advertisement

The only real perks of the place are Gigs, Nitelinks and sexy foreign chicks.

can someone please point these out to me? I dont notice that many around tbh.

The absolute bare-faced cheek of a Cork person saying this :eek::eek:

If anyone can be accused of thinking this, it's Cork people about Cork.

Jesus.

Anyway, the only reason Dublin people say Dublin is better than everywhere else, is becasue it IS. :D

Londoner saying it. As for the Cork people saying Cork is better than Dub, it's fairly in line with the Dubliners saying Dub is better than everywhere.

As an impartial person who's lived in both places I can safely say theyre both good and sh*t in their own ways. Just Cork is a little cheaper to go on the lash and it's pretty nice as it's a city but small enough to bump into people you know at any given time in the city. Dublin is probably an easier place to pull (not sure about that one) and Dublin's infrastructure is Ree-f*cking-diculous. Actually pulls the piss.

And as for accents, I can't understand a thick Cork OR Dublin one.

Everytime u post moaning about the weather from now on should result in a ban for you!

Ha.

Seriously though it was a shockin day today. Non stop torrential rain from 12pm onwards. Pitch had a river running down the middle of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

This whole sexy foreign chicks is a myth. The polish wimmins are a bunch of butherfaces, and for me, you can't poke the fire if the mantelpiece aint worth looking at.

Took a half day. Gonna play some poker and order some pizza to ease the pain.

I was working in the City centre so I passed touristy places on my way to work, also I went to touristy pubs due to lack of knowledge of the place.

• Advertisement

I work in the City centre :(

Have taken tomorrow off in preperation for "The Dark Knight"

Up and Down I don't find has any relation to North and South - If the English happened to settle south of the Equator Maps might have been drawn the other way up and hence South would be 'Up' and North 'Down' assuming North and South would relate to the same poles on a Map had that had happened. :confused:

I suppose the only way going Down or Up to Dublin was if I knew the altitudes of each location. Which I don't. But to be honest I use both Up and Down depending on what comes out of the Brain first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Everyone told me Cork and Galway were the best cities.

No more off topic with Xavi, he's creepy!!!!

To all the banned, wasn't that the nicest PM telling you of your banning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

GuanYin wrote: »

qft

No spoilers Al, Im goin on Friday. :)

To all the banned, wasn't that the nicest PM telling you of your banning?

It was a very pleasant PM I must admit. :D

Aye - Galway ftw. Nice people, nice pubs, still 'Irishy' enough too - unlikely most other Irish cities at this stage.

Mate gave me a text there saying that he was going to TDK for his birthday and whilst I'd love to go see it I asked him if he's booked seats. Won't believe me when I say it's probably sold out for Friday night- We only have one cinema in the city these days ffs.

No more off topic with Xavi, he's creepy!!!!

I won't reply to your latest PM so.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

go to O'Sullivans on westmorland st.

edit: actually think its dead now since the new owner got rid of Brian who did the live music... maybe he meant the spanish students and German au pairs (mmm memories)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement