Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

No spoilers Al, Im goin on Friday. :)

Don't bother. It sucks, especially when Hayden Christiansen turns up as Robin. I can't believe they kept that quiet,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

GuanYin wrote: »
    To all the banned, wasn't that the nicest PM telling you of your banning?

:mad:

No.

:D

Mr Alan wrote: »
    can someone please point these out to me? I dont notice that many around tbh.

QFT

Where do all the Australian girls go in Dublin?! :pac:

seriously!

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I won't reply to your latest PM so.

The one telling you that you're creepy? ;)

No spoilers Al, Im goin on Friday. :)

Where are you going to see it?

Dundrum probably.

I'm going to Cineworld.

Where do all the Australian girls go in Dublin?! :pac:

Try the Woolshed on Parnell Street.

Seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The one telling you that you're creepy? ;)

Yeah that one. See if really thought that then you wouldn't have sent me the PM in the first place.

Anyway I'm off to bed so goodnight folks.

FREE THE PIGHEAD ONE!!!!

Don't bother. It sucks, especially when Hayden Christiansen turns up as Robin. I can't believe they kept that quiet,

I hope to God that was a joke, otherwise Im starting a thread in feedback!! :pac:

I don't know who Hayden Christianson is tbh so nothin spoiled there.

lads, spoiler tags, learn them, quote me to see how it's done....
    Done!:D Hmmm, nobody can see what I'm saying....damn I really hate all you guys.....muwahahahaha!

Des wrote: »
    Where are you going to see it?

Dundrum probably.

I'm going to Cineworld.

IMC dun Laoghaire.

Des wrote:
    Try the Woolshed on Parnell Street.

Seriously.

Seriously! I'd heard that before actually. Dunno why I havent checked it out. Al wanna go on the p1ss soon to the woolshed? Its so near where u work u cant say no!

Thankin u! That piece of advice will see me whipped and married in no time, cant resist the accent!! :o

• Advertisement

I hope to God that was a joke, otherwise Im starting a thread in feedback!! :pac:

I don't know who Hayden Christianson is tbh so nothin spoiled there.

He played the guy who turns into Darth Vader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Kold wrote: »

Cork, ... it's really grown on me.

I can get you an ointment for that.

Ah here GY, I've only seen Episodes 1 and 2, I WAS planning on watching Epiode 3 tonight. No need now, thanks very much :mad:
    Spoiler Tags ftw.

............................................................................................................................................................

Star Wars is in my opinion in the top 3 "lousiest fads of all time" list, along with Lord of the Rings.
    Runs for cover from the backlash!!
    I was subjected to the misery of having to watch them in my youth and I pledged never again. So he still means nothing to me!:pac::pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Des wrote:
    Ah here GY, I've only seen Episodes 1 and 2, I WAS planning on watching Epiode 3 tonight. No need now, thanks very much

Hmm. And yet your bebo page says you love ALL SIX Star Wars films.:cool:

Oh Yea. Bustin' Chops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Ah here GY, I've only seen Episodes 1 and 2, I WAS planning on watching Epiode 3 tonight. No need now, thanks very much :mad:
    Spoiler Tags ftw.

You're supposed to know that after watching the 1st trilogy.[/nerd pedantry]

• Advertisement

Spoiler Tags ftw.

GY seems out to spoil our day with DK spoilers!

GY are u still annoyed that dude in the Access Request Thread (lucky I didnt post there and get teh ban!) thought u were a dude and called u "Mr GY"?!!? :pac::pac:

Only messing, please don't spoil it on us! That'd make me sad :(

Hmm. And yet your bebo page says you love ALL SIX Star Wars films.:cool:

Oh Yea. Bustin' Chops.

Stalking ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Neil1984, I see you're about to become involved in a feud over in the thunderdome :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am back,what did I miss...?When I left you lot were talking about homo erotic moments in school.:(

pvt.joker wrote: »
    Neil1984, I see you're about to become involved in a feud over in the thunderdome :D

No. I go in there for one and done posts only, i dont worry with replies like that loser who seems to spend his life in there picking fights with people on the internet.

Last time he seemed to pick my post out for a row too.

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote: »
    I am back,what did I miss...?When I left you lot were talking about homo erotic moments in school.:(

welcome back...lets see:

- International travel - lots of places

- The Dark Knight obviously

- GY trying to spoil above

- Dublin vs Cork vs Dundalk (31v1)

- Xavi moanin about the weather

Thanks for the synopses.

Thanks for the synopses.

No problemo, Ive been here all day, least i could do!! beats the **** outta workin!

And with that its half 5!!

I've been wearing my England jersey all day, wondered why I got funny looks when I went to the shop for a coke...

I've been wearing my England jersey all day, wondered why I got funny looks when I went to the shop for a coke...

Thats something I have noticed a lot over the last couple of years,lads obviously over here on a stag weekend and wearing there England top.It happens a lot in Dublin and Its good to see IMO as a country we have come a long way in the last 10 years.

Thats something I have noticed a lot over the last couple of years,lads obviously over here on a stag weekend and wearing there England top.It happens a lot in Dublin and Its good to see IMO as a country we have come a long way in the last 10 years.

Apart from when I'm out with a few of the lads and am watching an England game, I wouldn't really dare to wear it into the city. Just the chance that it would bring unnecessary unwanted attention. Not in the clear yet methinks :p

Not in the clear yet methinks :p

Not in Cork anyway,give them lads another 800 years or so and they may get over it.

Anyway I don't think it would be safe to wear a Dublin top down there late at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Christ, this thread may as well just be renamed the 'Bash the shìte out of Cork' thread. I don't get offended by jibes (well used to it!) but gets a bit tiresome.

I wouldn't try wearing one in Dublin either to be honest, seen right ruckus on some of your buses.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

We're just paranoid now that what we did to the world for centuries (move abroad and take the low paid work) is now happening here and there's an air of xenophobia taking hold now...

On that note - wasn't some lad viciously beaten on O'Connell street on Paddy's night for wearing an England top?

/runs off to find link

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/gardai-investigate-alleged-assault-on-english-teenager-1321669.html

• Advertisement

Leave Britney Cork alone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Leave Britney Cork alone :)

Could you add that to the charter? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Batman tomorrow, at last........

Hmmm, I was at a gig a year or two back and there was a chap there wearinghis England jersey. One lad, and I have to stress this was only one lad, but he was a tosser, was givin the guy awful abuse. Started goin on about "the war" and told him to "get out, you're not gonna take us over again" :rolleyes:

People like that are an embarrassment.

Right. Enough work for today. I'm going for a beer. Laters.

On that note - wasn't some lad viciously beaten on O'Connell street on Paddy's night for wearing an England top?

/runs off to find link

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/gardai-investigate-alleged-assault-on-english-teenager-1321669.html

I think that turned out to be a wrong allegation,I cant remember the outcome but it was not as initially reported.
    Hmmm, I was at a gig a year or two back and there was a chap there wearinghis England jersey. One lad, and I have to stress this was only one lad, but he was a tosser, was givin the guy awful abuse. Started goin on about "the war" and told him to "get out, you're not gonna take us over again" :rolleyes:

People like that are an embarrassment.

You will always get a few tools.Maybe wearing it to a gig with a good % of drunk people was not the best idea in the world.

You will always get a few tools.Maybe wearing it to a gig with a good % of drunk people was not the best idea in the world.

Yes but I had to endure this tosspot shouting in my ear while I was trying to watch the show and worse still was the absolute rubbish he was coming out with. truly ignorant. Half the idiots who hate "the English" don't really fully know why they do other than "they invaded us".

On the flipside, i met an English girl on my travels once and she asked me where I was from. When I said "Ireland" she said "Oh, didnt we used to like, own you?" Before I could say a word, 2 Aussie lads were destroying her for that! Was funny but :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

can i just say, i love Kings Of Leon as much as the next man, but they play some of their songs WAYYYYYY to fast live.

Fans being a good example.

If you want a kick ass live performance from that very gig Neil, this is your tune:

or even;

• Advertisement

Trani is truly one of the best songs I know.

Cheers Al.

have u seen them live? I noticed that about the speeding up when I saw them but tbh they were so fecking awesome that it didnt really bother me.

Theyre the best band that Ive gotten into in a good few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Rage Against The Machine Live is the best experience ever imo :)

Not even close.

You haven't raved until you've raved to the National Anthem.

Boys Noize are incredible live for a good rave :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Best live performances i've been to are;
    Pearl Jam
    Red Hot Chili Peppers (back when they supported U2, before they lost their way)
    Amon Amarth (Massively loud adrenaline fueled metal in a very small pub, saw them in front of 50,000 people which was also amazing).
    Finntroll (Melodic Finnish metal with a bit of a jig-like celtic twist)
    Prodigy
    Aphex Twin
    Megadeth
    Rage Against The Machine
    REM i was also much more impressed by then i thought i'd be.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Best live performances i've been to are;
    Pearl Jam
    Red Hot Chili Peppers (back when they supported U2, before they lost their way)
    Amon Amarth (Massively loud adrenaline fueled metal in a very small pub, saw them in front of 50,000 people which was also amazing).
    Finntroll (Melodic Finnish metal with a bit of a jig-like celtic twist)
    Prodigy
    Aphex Twin
    Rage Against The Machine
    REM i was also much more impressed by then i thought i'd be.

+1 for Rage and Prodigy
    Have to say Iron Maiden were brilliant aswell, also Muse and Snow Patrol deserve a mention

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The Polyphonic Spree are my favourite live act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Smegball wrote: »
    +1 for Rage and Prodigy
    Have to say Iron Maiden were brilliant aswell, also Muse and Snow Patrol deserve a mention

Loved Maiden when i saw them, but couldn't quite bring myself to put them in the list since was the Somewhere back in time tour, so didn't get to hear a lot of the classics, still awesome though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

heh, this is a bit random but one of the best gigs i've ever been to live was the young knives. don't mind the album or the some of their really dodgy TV performances, when i saw them they were playing to a very small and disinterested audience but they played as if they were playing to a stadium. it was really a fantastic performance.

Many a times I've seen a band in a pretty drunken state and thought they were incredible :pac:
    Worst I've ever seen must be Amy Winehouse! Was uber poop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

have u seen them live? I noticed that about the speeding up when I saw them but tbh they were so fecking awesome that it didnt really bother me.

Theyre the best band that Ive gotten into in a good few years.

Yea i've seen them live a few times, they're class alright.

The speeding up thing wrecks my head to be honest, and i think they almost ruin fans by doing it that quick, and they do ruin "ragoo".

They've a new album out in september, i have a feeling it may be a very special album indeed.

They have already improved with every album and their last one was a MASSIVE step forward imo.

Caleb says he is really only starting to feel comfortable with his voice over the last couple of years, which explains the "bigger" more "epic" sound on their latest album imo.

here is one of the songs off the upcoming release.

Its live, quality aint great, but its enough to see its a ****ing rasper of a song, and reason to be quite hopeful.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement