Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

This really should be called the work dodgers thread except that boards.ie is in general a work dodger website! :pac:

Tag added :)

I hope we get to 10,000 before we get a shiny new thread. Definitely bookmarking this one though, it'll be fun to read back over it.

Tag added :)

I hope we get to 10,000 before we get a shiny new thread. Definitely bookmarking this one though, it'll be fun to read back over it.

I went to add it but Ive already put 2 on this thread so have to remove one :(

Oh yea definitely, it'll bring back some fun memories of dodging the obair!

Here's a vid, this is one of my favourite things of all time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Nobody even stopped in to say good mornin!!

Yeah, watching trainwrecks is more time-consuming.

:rolleyes:

Des wrote: »
    Yeah, watching trainwrecks is more time-consuming.

What happened Des?

What happened Des?

Nothing I have the time or inclination to talk about here.

• Advertisement

Nothing I have the time or inclination to talk about here.

Ouch.

EDIT: I know what you're talking about now. I ducked out of that thread ages ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Free the Pig!

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Free the Pig!

That kind of shíte has no place on this thread tbh.

The fúcking state of that thread.

Good fúcking people left hang out to dry, it was an absolute disgrace.

Xavi, there's a dude over in Thunderdome who seems like a big fan of yours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Xavi, there's a dude over in Thunderdome who seems like a big fan of yours!
    :D

I noticed that, he doesnt seem to think much of you Xavi. "general operative" :D

• Advertisement

Lol really? Name and shame please. I'm off training so don't have time to look in now.

EDIT: Ah tis the Flutt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,700 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Looks like the Piggy is back in.

Lol really? Name and shame please. I'm off training so don't have time to look in now.

EDIT: Ah tis the Flutt

What a sad fecker, spends his time over there pickin e-wars with anyone who'll bite. I have a mental image of what he looks like!

Agree whole heartedly Des, good people left hangin on both sides. But you're right, this isn't the place so I'll say on more.

What a sad fecker, spends his time over there pickin e-wars with anyone who'll bite. I have a mental image of what he looks like!

Damn, I don't have my e-thug poster to hand.

Btw Neil, did you see Slipknot's new video? Fairly Stone Sour-ish I think, decent song:

Agree whole heartedly Des, good people left hangin on both sides. But you're right, this isn't the place so I'll say on more.

05_28SPARK_Barbrady_DP1024.jpg

Damn, I don't have my e-thug poster to hand.

Btw Neil, did you see Slipknot's new video? Fairly Stone Sour-ish I think, decent song:

e-thug.jpg

Yea i saw that, I like it. They keep maturing as they go on. Hoping those rumours of this being their last album arent true.

i saw that, I like it. They keep maturing as they go on. Hoping those rumours of this being their last album arent true.

I'm sure those rumours were about after Vol.3 as well though. Hope they do stay together. As much as I like Stone Sour, Slipknot win every time for me.
    e-thug.jpg

Ah cool, there we go :D

I'm sure those rumours were about after Vol.3 as well though. Hope they do stay together. As much as I like Stone Sour, Slipknot win every time for me.

Yea they were.

I dunno, I think they're very different. "Get Inside" and "30-30-150" are both frickin awesome songs in fairness!

The Muderdolls, now they SUCK!

Yea it didnt work 1st time :o

Had to post it elsewhere, couldnt resist!

That Slipknot song is actually very good.

icon14.gif

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

afternoon all

and how are we today?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Busy here. Due in part to keeping up with that train wreck.

That Slipknot song is actually very good.

icon14.gif

Thats the thing, the masks and the little snots that walk around in their Slipknot hoodies that they havent washed in years make it so that a lot of people write them off. Their first 2 albums were really really heavy and definitely an acquired taste but their 3rd one and what ive heard of the 4th seem to be much more accomodating to fans of different genres.

irishbird wrote: »
    afternoon all

and how are we today?

Was still mornin when u posted that! :pac::pac:

Afternoon (now!) to you, its quiet in here today.

Usually the afternoons are the quiet time so I fear the future!

Thats the thing, the masks and the little snots that walk around in their Slipknot hoodies that they havent washed in years make it so that a lot of people write them off. Their first 2 albums were really really heavy and definitely an acquired taste but their 3rd one and what ive heard of the 4th seem to be much more accomodating to fans of different genres.

:)

I have their first two albums.

Effing love the first one still.

opps, sorry, my computer clock is obviously fast, i will get on to IT immediately, to have it sorted

:)

I have their first two albums.

Effing love the first one still.

The third one is miles better than the 1st 2. I love the 1st one, liked a few songs off Iowa but also HATED a few of the songs on Iowa. The third one I love from start to finish.

I guessed that u werent a fan when u said "That Slipknot song is actually very good."

The use of the word actually led me to think that u anticipated rubbish!
    irishbird wrote:
    opps, sorry, my computer clock is obviously fast, i will get on to IT immediately, to have it sorted

Now why in all good health would ya do that! Fast clock = go home a few mins earlier! THINK!

But yes, a grave error nonetheless! Lucky if u avoid a ban tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

That was a good lunch.
    Pighead wrote: »
    Poţi tu speak român?
    Congratulaions on your stunning victory sir. BGRH 0-1 Pighead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Seeing as alot of Metal seems to get posted here, I thought I would mix it up with a bit of Hip-Hop :eek: (I must be a wigger)

Nothing too out there, so even the most hardent rocker might be able to get something out of them:

Lupe Fiasco - The Die

Notorious B.I.G - Juicy

T.I Ft. Jamie Foxx - Live In The Sky

Eminem ft. Snoop Dogg, Nate Dogg, Xzibit - Bitch Please II

Anyway, enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I've completed the internet for the 4th time. So quiet in work today.

On the good news side though My floor just went from having one female out of 40 to having 12 females out of 40 due to a department switcheroo.

Needless to say office Morale just took a jump.

I LOVE Doggystyle and The Chronic, masterclasses in the art of Hip-Hop, imo, and yet to be surpassed.

Eminem is also brilliant.

I LOVE Doggystyle and The Chronic, masterclasses in the art of Hip-Hop, imo, and yet to be surpassed.

For you then good sir, criminally underrated and underplayed song:

Snoop Dogg - Gz & Hustlas

Eminem is also brilliant.

shhhhhhhhhhh, :o

For you then good sir, criminally underrated and underplayed song:

Snoop Dogg Gz & Hustlas

You should have included the intro bit, in the classroom. :)
    shhhhhhhhhhh, :o

:D:D

Irishbird - I've always wondered - what's with the Font=Cominc Sans and /font on your sig?

• Advertisement

Irishbird - I've always wondered - what's with the Font=Cominc Sans and /font on your sig?

how do you mean?

that fact that my friends live in my computer?

well, thats all of you lot :o ( may be not you, i am not sure about you yet!)

Juicy is a super song!

Im an equal opportunities music fan charlie, I like anything, as long as its good.

You couldn't have always wondered!

It's just been broken the last few days, something Boards-wide afaik, it's not recognising the html tags for font in sigs anymore, I think.

You couldn't have always wondered!

It's just been broken the last few days, something Boards-wide afaik, it's not recognising the html tags for font in sigs anymore, I think.

oh is there a problem with the sigs, i have mine turned off because there are one or two very offensive ones and sigpo said they cant do anything about them

seriously I noticed that about 3 weeks ago. Not joking.

• Advertisement

Actually charlie, to add, the best HIP-HOP out there for me is "The Roots" or "J-5"

Actually charlie, to add, the best HIP-HOP out there for me is "The Roots" or "J-5"

Both quality acts, but I could spend all day here reeling off what I consider the best. 'The Roots' would be one of my favourites though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Evening all.. Forgot what it was like to actually be busy in work. Used up all my Boards time yesterday when the boss was away..

Air-con broken in the office. Wouldn't be so bad but it's an Engineering company designing Air-con equipment that i work for...

Seems the off topic is quiet today. Youtube is blocked out and that seems to be all anyone has posted this morning. I think Pighead has affected all of Boards!! He gets 10/10 for quoting Maxi McAllister* in one of his comments on the epic feedback thread though, "it's a farce".

*Dundalk FC fan who doused himself in petrol at FAI headquarters in protest..

ibh wrote: »
    Air-con broken in the office. Wouldn't be so bad but it's an Engineering company designing Air-con equipment that i work for...

patric engineering, by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

^^ All the above are pretty decent but this man is hip hop today. Don't let the lazy drawl put you off, lyrics, lyrical content, rhyme structure, and he's a f*cking class producer to boot. I present you with MF DOOM. Go forth and get obsessed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

patric engineering, by any chance?

Fraid not.. Don't worry there's loads of shoddy engineering companies all over Ireland. Besides i'm in Norn Iron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

all this ****ing hip hop and metal ****e has lowered the tone in here :(

only one man can save it ;)

Both quality acts, but I could spend all day here reeling off what I consider the best. 'The Roots' would be one of my favourites though.

The Roots are amazin. I remember bein confused when I bought my 1st Roots album and the numbers werent 1-10!

Mr Alan wrote: »
    all this ****ing hip hop and metal ****e has lowered the tone in here :(

only one man can save it ;)

Open your mind Alain!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement