Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

Only thing is I dont do downloads either, I HATE watching vids online. hence i have a stupidly large DVD collection.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

have to admit I booked TDK for sturday for what was considerd/called a VIP ticket. it costs 17.50 but for it you are in a same sized cinema which only has 8 rows of big leather recliner seats with mucho leg-room. The price also includes popcorn and your choice of A) a large drink B) a glass of whine or C) Nachos. I think the normal price is around 9.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Kold wrote: »
    Never going there again since ticket+popcorn+drink cost me €20.

It is expensive, but I tend not to get food. Usually I just pay the €9 for the ticket, which is about a euro more expensive than anywhere else but far more comfortable IMO. Screen 1 is huge as well, so I think it's worth it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I used to be the same but DVD rips are widely available, cant mention where on here or anything but perfect dvd quality and often available while the movies are still in the cinema as the DVD might be out in the US. They are around 700MB per movie so ive a hell of a lot of multiple movie dvds burned that I either watch on my laptop or the bro's PS3
    I've about 80 movies stored on a PC i use as a file server and stream them through my Xbox to the TV/Surround downstairs.

Priceless - one of the best features of the Xbox.

I used to be the same but DVD rips are widely available, cant mention where on here or anything but perfect dvd quality and often available while the movies are still in the cinema as the DVD might be out in the US. They are around 700MB per movie so ive a hell of a lot of multiple movie dvds burned that I either watch on my laptop or the bro's PS3

I have a few myself! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

That's just as well, Torres is the only one for Al anyway!
    GuanYin wrote: »
    He's better looking than most women

Fixed that for you GuanYin.
    Just back from The Dark Knight. It's er...rather good :D

Its ****ing awesome.seriously awesome.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Fixed that for you GuanYin.

Too far Al, hit PI or LGBT and sort out your confusion!

Mr Alan wrote:
    Its ****ing awesome.seriously awesome.

Can't wait to see it. Going tonight hopefully. Is Heath the Ledge as good as Ive heard he is in it?

Is Heath the Ledge as good as Ive heard he is in it?

Hes better than i thought he'd be. and i thought he'd be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Lads, seriously.

Can we can the TDK talk please?

remove your the quote attributed to me from your sig Des, otherwise i post up an indepth synopsis of the film here :D

I'll give you 5 mins..... ;)

• Advertisement

remove your the quote attributed to me from your sig Des, otherwise i post up an indepth synopsis of the film here :D

I'll give you 5 mins..... ;)

It's a different Alan...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Whats TDK talk,before i say yes or no?:D

Whats TDK talk,before i say yes or no?:D

Talk about the new Batman movie, called The Dark Knight.

So STFU about it.

Des wrote: »
    It's a different Alan...

Sig liar-its taken from msn the other day

ah i'll let you away with it (cause its true and we will challenge;))

ok, no more Dark Knight talk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Got that Batman Begins last night on DVD. Pretty damn good film.

Sig liar-its taken from msn the other day

ah i'll let you away with it (cause its true and we will challenge;))

ok, no more Dark Knight talk

Keep the talk of Liverpools "Challenge" out of here Alan! No football allowed!

No TDK talk either......

So, lovely weather we're having :mad:

Whats everyone's plan for el weekend?

Im fingers crossed goin to TDK tonigh, then have classes tomorrow, then the rest is undetermined. No booze though :(

Pighead wrote: »

Good call watchin that first.

Mornin Pighead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Absolutely chuckin it down here again. Takin it handy tonight, then goin to watch the footy tomorrow afternoon.

What are all you langers doing the weekend? ANything interesting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Good call watchin that first.

Mornin Pighead!
    Morning Neil, how are you? Everytime I hear Dark Knight mentioned, I think of Dirk Kuyt. Dirk's definitely no super hero though in fairness. Well maybe that one that Ardal O'Hanlon plays in My Hero. But even that's at a stretch.

• Advertisement

TDK tonight.

Then drinks with some friends.

Work leaving party tomorrow, free booze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

drinking for the first time in a month and then regretting it when i visit the gym, sporting the new bayern kit (which is the same as last years but with an extra star and a different year on the bundesliga logoset)... which i got a day before they lost a game... which is traditional for me when i buy a jersey. i have a sports curse...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Absolutely chuckin it down here again. Takin it handy tonight, then goin to watch the footy tomorrow afternoon.

Aerial Pingpong??

Work leaving party tomorrow, free booze.

Thats an odd one havin it on a Saturday isnt it?

Pighead wrote:
    Morning Neil, how are you? Everytime I hear Dark Knight mentioned, I think of Dirk Kuyt. Dirk's definitely no super hero though in fairness. Well maybe that one that Ardal O'Hanlon plays in My Hero. But even that's at a stretch.

Super thanks for askin! Workin today for a change, bosses arent too happy with me after the exams so Ive gotta "go the extra mile"!

Dirk Kuyt could hardly be described as dark!?!! He could be called the fair knight?! And I agree.... he's no superhero!

Thats an odd one havin it on a Saturday isnt it?

Yeah, but it works for me.

It's really all the redundees getting together, with a grand or so behind the bar for booze.

Not much on this weekend. League match tonight but i'm going to miss the start of it cause of my commute.
    Weekend of chilling after that. Should probably get a haircut and definately have to get some new clobber for work, but i think i'll leave that for another weekend.

Was thinking of heading to the pictures tomorrow night. Any reccommendations??:D

Might go to the Gah on sunday cause a mate is playing (Ulster Final) but i'll wait and see the weather first i think.

who the hell put "vegetarians are cool" as a tag on this thread?! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Pighead wrote: »
    Have a look at Gotham Knight too.

who the hell put "vegetarians are cool" as a tag on this thread?! :rolleyes:

Well, I put the "evil" one.

If I find out it was IB, there'll be words.

If it was Fatnose, well then, there'll be words too.

• Advertisement

Talk about the new Batman movie, called The Dark Knight.

So STFU about it.

Not interested in that talk:mad:

Not interested in that talk:mad:

Not interested in batman?

Get off this forum, now.

Go on.

Get out.

It's really all the redundees getting together, with a grand or so behind the bar for booze.
    Does that mean today is your last day?

Not interested in batman?

Get off this forum, now.

Go on.

Get out.

Not saying i am not interested in Batman,i watched all the movies but i will just watch this one too when i get time,not interested to talk about it,not big deal:D

Maybe thats coz i am not movie freak or something,i just watch them when i feel like that,and that rare...yeah i am not kinda into movies so much....

Does that mean today is your last day?

Meh, I'm due to work until the 31st, but the wages due to me, plus the redundancy package are all in my bank...

So, really, I suppose it is.

What's the point in coming in next week, not as if they can take the money back is it?

Can't lose to be fair. Free beer always tastes that little bit better! Cos its free!

If veggies are evil then vegans are truly satans spawn!

• Advertisement

Meh, I'm due to work until the 31st, but the wages due to me, plus the redundancy package are all in my bank...

So, really, I suppose it is.

What's the point in coming in next week, not as if they can take the money back is it?

Ah go on in next week Des, I still havent crossed your path out in these parts!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Morning. Tell ye what, it's difficult to get up for 10am and crawl to my laptop and start working. In fact since I've apparently been working, I've made 2 boiled eggs, taken a long sh1te, checked all my subscribed threads on boards, checked my Bebo and am now considering a shower.

Kold wrote: »
    Morning. Tell ye what, it's difficult to get up for 10am and crawl to my laptop and start working. In fact since I've apparently been working, I've made 2 boiled eggs, taken a long sh1te, checked all my subscribed threads on boards, checked my Bebo and am now considering a shower.

Jeez, take a break dude. If i worked from home i'd do fcuk all work.
    Who are you trying to impress with your work ethic??

(Was going to put in Protestant work ethic, but didn't know if that would cause a problem...)

lol

The Catholic non-Work Ethic.

:D

lol

The Catholic non-Work Ethic.

:D

Also known as a Mediterrainian work ethic. Meaning, do a bit of work and then sleep for a while...

• Advertisement

ibh wrote: »
    Also known as a Mediterrainian work ethic. Meaning, do a bit of work and then sleep for a while...

Siesta FTW! :pac:

My workday involves:

10 minutes work

20 minutes browsing

REPEAT (God I hate that word right now! :P)

My boss wants to have a "talk" about the "results and other things" this afternoon. Beating a dead horse at this stage but sure if it makes him ahppy. Cant wait :(

Edit: No, he has to run out of the office, makin me wait until Monday now! Woo hoo!

Siesta FTW! :pac:

My workday involves:

10 minutes work

20 minutes browsing

REPEAT

My boss wants to have a "talk" about the "results and other things" this afternoon. Beating a dead horse at this stage but sure if it makes him ahppy. Cant wait :(

What were the exams for??? College?

I'm guessing CIMA or ACCA or other financial type exams?

Had a hard time gettin into the lifestyle of studying after workin all day. Learned a lot though so touch wood I get by the repeast and Ill be in a better spot starting off next year.

One thing I will say is don't go to Old Trafford during study leave for a CL Semi final...very distracting! You lose more than the day or 2 you're over tbh. 2 of my mates in my course are repeating as well.....they went to the Wigan game.......just a thought!

ICAI Chartered Accounting. 1st year CAP 1.

Had a hard time gettin into the lifestyle of studying after workin all day. Learned a lot though so touch wood I get by the repeast and Ill be in a better spot starting off CAP 2.

Yea well i heard they are an absolute beatch to pass. Friend is a chartered accountant and at one stage thought she'd never get through them all. Pay u sh!t money and work you hard is the employers motto i heard.

workin all day.

Aye Right.

ibh wrote: »
    Yea well i heard they are an absolute beatch to pass. Friend is a chartered accountant and at one stage thought she'd never get through them all. Pay u sh!t money and work you hard is the employers motto i heard.

Yea theyre very tough tbh. The lectures are on Saturdays and Sundays so its hard 1) to go to them all. 2) to stay in the ones you go to, 3) to avoid being hungover at them and 4) to maintain attention all day after working your 5 day week. Pretty unforgiving stuff. I mean the pass rate is 50 and I got 49 in 2 of them so they won't pass you by giving you the last mark like they would in college.

And yea they pay u pretty crappy wages and you get worked hard. Im a seasoned work dodger tho so I just have them convinced Im a slow worker!! :P Its harder when you're not striving to become an accountant. I'm in it for the qualification as it opens so many doors for you without you having to become just an accountant. Some of the lads I work with are all about becomming accountants. Im all about passing the exams, doing my time, and shaggin off on my travels! Need to work on that!

Aye Right.

Don't judge, we're all work dodgers in here!

What I meant is obviously being in the office all day, going home to study after that is pretty tough. Im always hyperactive and usually go to training!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

One thing I will say is don't go to Old Trafford during study leave for a CL Semi final...very distracting! You lose more than the day or 2 you're over tbh.

Ah, but you'll always have the memory of that wonderful game!

Ah, but you'll always have the memory of that wonderful game!

Absolutely but in terms of study time lost it cost me:

About 2-3 days before it as I was organising it, making phone calls, getting phone calls etc. I was getting 2 tickets and was trying through 4 different contacts as well as trying to sort another mate out as well. Id be studying but stopping every 10 minutes or so ya know?

The 2 days between the day goin over and the day coming back.

And then about 3-4 days of highly unproductive study after while the excitment died down. Add to that my mug gettin on the TV so pretty much everyone I know knew Id been at it and was comin over to the desk I sit at to talk to me about it! I know a lot of people up in the library as it is and I cant study at home!! catch 22!

I think the football run in in general had me very distracted tbh!

Wouldn't change it for anything tho! Great night!

And this time I should have no distractions so fingers crossed! :P

Don't judge, we're all work dodgers in here!

I know - nobody that frequents this Thread can hardly accuse people of dodging work. I just think its funny that you keep saying you're working when, in fact, you're just not. :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement