Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

I know - nobody that frequents this Thread can hardly accuse people of dodging work. I just think its funny that you keep saying you're working when, in fact, you're just not. :D

I define work as being "in the office"! They dont pay me enough to work all the time! :p

Browsing all day while trying to make it seem like you're working is tiring business!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Browsing all day while trying to make it seem like you're working is tiring business!

I just don't bother with the pretending to work part tbh.

Fúck 'em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Gonna grab myself a lovely Chinese and watch Geelong v Hawthorn (1st against 2nd) in the AFL tonight :cool:

Des wrote: »
    I just don't bother with the pretending to work part tbh.

Fúck 'em.

Yea I don't hide it with the lads around me but the bosses are always floatin around in here! They'd sack me!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Was this before or after you were made redundant - I'd say its well difficult to give a **** at this stage.

Was this before or after you were made redundant - I'd say its well difficult to give a **** at this stage.

As I've said already.

I didn't make a 16k post count in a week or two ;)

Yes, it's difficult to give a crap, so I don't.

True enough - I'm a little shocked at how quick that came around - thought they'd give a couple of month's notice or something. Have you anything lined up or are you going to bum about for a while and then think about possibly thinking about maybe looking for a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

I hope you dont mind for changing subject but i am interested do you folks there play table tennis?

Its kinda popular here as fun, people lately buying them and playing, i also got addiction so i play 4-5 hours daily,it can make a man very tired although it doesnt look so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I hope you dont mind for changing subject but i am interested do you folks there play table tennis?

Its kinda popular here as fun, people lately buying them and playing, i also got addiction so i play 4-5 hours daily,it can make a man very tired although it doesnt look so

In one of my last jobs I used to work 12 hour night shifts, come lunch time at 1 or 1:30 in the morning we'd have a few games. Set up a few competitions on the shift, 'twas good crack.

Not really a change of subject there as I'd be dodging anythin' work related to play :pac:

• Advertisement

I love table tennis - A hostel I was staying in in Fremantle had a table and since it took me about 5 weeks to find work in Perth I played it solid for that time. Up at about 10, table tennis til about 1, lunch til 2, table tennis til about 6, beer and table tennis til about 1 or 2.

The life.

Dammit - just noticed Alan made the last tag available "ryan adams=greatest ever".

Prick. Ryan Adams is awful.

Cool,still i cant get used to miss table for few cm so i get pissed after short time coz it gets annoying,but thats the sport,i really got addicted and when i make few mistakes in a row i want to play more and more and another game coz i want to fix it,so at the end i forget when i started playing,sheesh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Prick. Ryan Adams is awful.
    +1, shockin' absof*ckinlutely shockin!

bash cork, :D

creepy internet predators, - Hello there GuanYin ;)

current economic downturn, - equals more Boards posting!

dark knight = epic win, - I hope

dublin bus=fail!, - agreed

euro weather conditions, - rain and sun, snow and frost

football free zone, - for the football mad

hippity hop, - i said a hip hop the hippie the hippie to the hip hip hop,

incontinence, - pissy pants

liquidity difficulties, - I've run out of beer...

mature lady love, - giggidy giggidy goo

no tdk talk, - unless you are saying it's totally awesome

ryan adams=greatest ever., - not

vegetarians are cool, - no, they aren't.

vegeterians are evil, - \o/

work dodgers unite, - Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer

youtube music forum - STOP POSTING RYAN BLEEDIN' ADAMS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,090 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

TDK tickets booked for tonight at 8.15 in the gate. Happy days :) Gonna watch Batman Begins again just before it, to get in the mood, and also to force the bird to admit she was wrong. She claims she doesn't like the first one, but only saw it once, drunk, and has just been stubborn.

• Advertisement

bash cork, :D

creepy internet predators, - Hello there GuanYin ;)

current economic downturn, - equals more Boards posting!

dark knight = epic win, - I hope

dublin bus=fail!, - agreed

euro weather conditions, - rain and sun, snow and frost

football free zone, - for the football mad

hippity hop, - i said a hip hop the hippie the hippie to the hip hip hop,

incontinence, - pissy pants

mature lady love, - giggidy giggidy goo

no tdk talk, - unless you are saying it's totally awesome

ryan adams=greatest ever., - not

vegetarians are cool, - no, they aren't.

vegeterians are evil, - \o/

work dodgers unite, - Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer

youtube music forum - STOP POSTING RYAN BLEEDIN' ADAMS

Hear Hear. On all counts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

We only had 1 tag left :eek: And he used it on Adams!!

Time to get a petition going and bring it to a mod :)

Nice interpretation :D

Yeah down with that steamer Adams. Jeez he's an awful bore.

I can change one of my tags, I have 2! ;)

What do ya'll want as the last one?! Ill get rid of "euro weather conditions" cos I only put that in for delija anyway! :pac:

I'm thinkin "needs more cork bashing"

Xavi6 wrote: »

From what i know of his stuff I have to + 1 this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Try seeing him live (present for girlfriend at the time).

He played, for what must've been 3 days.

Fans got more than their money's worth, but there was no consideration for those of us dragged to it :(

Having said that (before Al kills me) the Alice In Chains cover posted a few pages back wasn't bad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Why does everyone think there is no more tags available to add? I just added one that might appease all the Ryan Adams fans ;)

Yep I just did the same

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yep I just did the same

Unlimited tags FTW... FTW

For jaysis sake.

I got my redundancy, and final pay money all together yesterday.

I had applied for another job with this company, they are hiring internally, and when I interviewed I was told that if I got the job, I wouldn't get the redundancy money, so I checked my bank yesterday, and it was there.

The manager said nothing to me though, so I just assumed someone else had gotten the job.

I've just been told "not to spend" the money, as they haven't decided between the three candidates yet. And if I get the job, they'll want the redundancy pay-out back :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Telling us on Monday.

This RUINS tomorrow for me, as I had planned on telling a few people EXACTLY what I thought of them, in a drunken rant.

ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    TDK tickets booked for tonight at 8.15 in the gate. Happy days :) Gonna watch Batman Begins again just before it, to get in the mood, and also to force the bird to admit she was wrong. She claims she doesn't like the first one, but only saw it once, drunk, and has just been stubborn.

I'll probably see you there... Only I won't know who you are.

This RUINS tomorrow for me, as I had planned on telling a few people EXACTLY what I thought of them, in a drunken rant.

ffs.

Hmmmm I dunno about burning bridges tbh. In theory its great. When I left school I did it to a teacher forgetting that my little brother had to go there and she hated him and was a right pain in the @ss to him (proving me right about her tbh - she's a bully) I'd LOVE to tell my boss EXACTLY what i think of him but I'd never get a reference off the fecker if I did that.

Hmm - I think only I cannot add tags as I have already added two.

Why does everyone think there is no more tags available to add? I just added one that might appease all the Ryan Adams fans ;)

Everyone gets 2 AFAIK.

Everyone gets 2 AFAIK.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

The manager said nothing to me though, so I just assumed someone else had gotten the job.

I've just been told "not to spend" the money, as they haven't decided between the three candidates yet. And if I get the job, they'll want the redundancy pay-out back :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Telling us on Monday.

ffs.

Something smells very queer about that. If they have paid you redundancy, in essence, you're ties are cut, and you are essentially interviewing for a new job.

• Advertisement

Something smells very queer about that. If they have paid you redundancy, in essence, you're ties are cut, and you are essentially interviewing for a new job.

Yes, correct.

But they did tell us that if we got the new position, we wouldn't be up for redundancy. It's a clerical error.

I actually want the new position for the following reasons.

1. Boards posting privileges.

2. More money.

3. Courses offered, learning opportunities.

In that order.

And if I start dicking them around, they'll tell me to gtfo.

So I'm not going to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Yes, correct.

But they did tell us that if we got the new position, we wouldn't be up for redundancy. It's a clerical error.

2. More money.

3. Courses offered, learning opportunities.

In that order.

And if I start dicking them around, they'll tell me to gtfo.

So I'm not going to.

Ah no, I can totally understand. One of those things that, whilst the law would be on your side, you'd be cutting your nose off to spit your face. Still, not a great way to run a company.

And now I've been dumped :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

quick! GET THIS MAN SOME ALCOHOL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

wat the ****? by irishbint?

Very important that. i dunno how I'd get through the day without boards tbh.

Des wrote:

Seriously? WTF

Hit the bar...now....tell your boss you've got dihorrea (sp?), guarantee he wont ask u another question. Start with a triple JD and Coke.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    wat the ****? by irishbint?

Yep.

She had planned on spending all that money this weekend on Crystal Champagne and expensive clothes, says now that I can't give her that, and am unemployed, she wants nowt to do with me.

Not getting to see Batman tonight either. :(:(

Dumped?Whats going on?Sheesh dude you miss luck lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Where you actually going out with IrishBird?? I thought that was a running joke.
    Yes, alcohol is always the answer. Get locked

• Advertisement

Des, hold the phone - on a scale of 1 to 10 how much of a joke is this. 1 being cancer and 10 being John Delaney.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Where you actually going out with IrishBird?? I thought that was a running joke.
    Yes, alcohol is always the answer. Get locked

Welcome to the party pal

Die-Hard.jpg

This thread might just implode

Jaysus, it's like Big Brother in here

Yep.

She had planned on spending all that money this weekend on Crystal Champagne and expensive clothes, says now that I can't give her that, and am unemployed, she wants nowt to do with me.

:eek:

craigslist-gold-digger.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

ffs.

Fella I know was leaving his job to do a bit of traveling as he was very ill, mightnt last too long sort of thing. Owner come up to him as hes leaving to wish him luck etc 10k in an envelope behind his back, non drunken rant takes place, envelope stays where it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

bohsman wrote: »
    Fella I know was leaving his job to do a bit of traveling as he was very ill, mightnt last too long sort of thing. Owner come up to him as hes leaving to wish him luck etc 10k in an envelope behind his back, non drunken rant takes place, envelope stays where it is.
    Ouch. Sickener.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

... Is he dead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

No, hes back working elsewhere but did go crawling back to the same company at one stage to a far lower position. Think it was a brain tumour, but surgery was a success.

Yep.

Meh, I lost my last girlfriend to a ring girl.

I took her to a UFC to watch two seaty men in shorts molest each other in a cage and while this was grabbing my attention she went off to play tonsil tennis with this cute blonde ring girl in hot pants who I paid suprisingly little attention to before then. Me thinkin "3some" thought it'd be cool but it wasn't to be. She was a monotonous lesbian and she left me. She took the house, my UFC dvd collection (she didnt even like UFC the spiteful biatch) and all my money. All she left me with was our pet parrot "Julian" who just repeats over and over "Ooooooh you're so much better at this than Neil, Ooooooh you're so much better at this than Neil"........:o:o:o

Pick yourself up big guy! Someday you can be where I am! :(

Stinger. Understandable though. Thats why I say don't burn bridges.

Meh, I lost my last girlfriend to a ring girl.

I took her to a UFC to watch two seaty men in shorts molest each other in a cage and while this was grabbing my attention she went off to play tonsil tennis with this cute blonde ring girl in hot pants who I paid suprisingly little attention to before then. Me thinkin "3some" thought it'd be cool but it wasn't to be. She was a monotonous lesbian and she left me. She took the house, my UFC dvd collection (she didnt even like UFC the spiteful biatch) and all my money. All she left me with was our pet parrot "Julian" who just repeats over and over "Ooooooh you're so much better at this than Neil, Ooooooh you're so much better at this than Neil"........:o:o:o

Pick yourself up big guy! Someday you can be where I am! :(

Stinger. Understandable though. Thats why I say don't burn bridges.

Please tell me that's a true story!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Nice, Des Real nice

Washing our dirty laundry in public

classy

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement