Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Dub13 wrote: »
    I said its open to anybody but you have to request access.Send off a PM to Lump and he will hook you up,its well worth it.

I'll be ok without that, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

I asked for permission but i still dont know what kind of thread is it:confused:

GuanYin wrote: »
    If that is your idea of a big commotion, I pity your rather uneventful life.

IB can do better than Des anyway.

It was the only eventful thing that happened on THIS THREAD which is my only interaction with you, what else would I talk about...Im hardly gonna talk to you about anything else in my life because, as u well know, I DON'T KNOW YOU. ;)

Feeling friendly today? :rolleyes:

I dont know what IB looks like so I can't comment.

Watched batman Begins again tonight. Awesome. Cannot wait to see TDK tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

wat the **** is up with this face book lark? set it up tonight :confused:

throwing ****e? painting? poking? you wat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Watched batman Begins again tonight. Awesome. Cannot wait to see TDK tomorrow night.

Watched Begins last night, and am presently watching American Psycho. Going to TDK tomorrow at 2. No crowds ftw!

Mr Alan wrote: »

U get used to it, avoid havin too many applications or you'll get lost though, throw me an add there Al!

Seems like its the thinking mans bebo. Any podcast by the Guardian always rave about it.

Never really got used to it myself.

Seems like its the thinking mans bebo. Any podcast by the Guardian always rave about it.

Never really got used to it myself.

I first signed up, and then went maybe 3-4 months without signing into it. Now i use it way more than bebo tbh. U get used to it.

Recommended applications:

Sports bets - the joy of being right or the pain of defeat, no money lost!!

Travellers IQ Challenge - its great!

Facebook poker - against your mates! FTW!

Found ya Al!

• Advertisement

It was the only eventful thing that happened on THIS THREAD which is my only interaction with you, what else would I talk about...Im hardly gonna talk to you about anything else in my life because, as u well know, I DON'T KNOW YOU. ;)

Feeling friendly today? :rolleyes:

I think Mr. Alan declaring he is a 16 year old hormonal girl was more eventful, but that is just me.

I'm always friendly.
    I dont know what IB looks like so I can't comment.
    Typical! It is all about looks, right?

Well now I know you're shallow.

Neil is shallow.

and i never declared i was a 16 year old girl, thats just another one of your fantasies. tut tut

and i never declared i was a 16 year old girl, thats just another one of your fantasies. tut tut

How exactly does that make sense?

Typical! It is all about looks, right?

Well now I know you're shallow.

At the start it is, dont lie. You get approached by 2 men with identical personalities and sense of humour GY.... when you can;t use that to separate them you're goin for the hotter one, we know this!
    Neil is shallow.
    I just admit it Al! I'm not ALL about the looks but lets call a spade a spade here, there has to be some physical attraction to get the ball rollin! Its just un-PC to admit such!

How exactly does that make sense?

you keep mentioning me being a 16 year old girl, obviously that notion is in your head....look i dont mind, watever you're into.

At the start it is, dont lie. You get approached by 2 men with identical personalities and sense of humour GY.... when you can;t use that to separate them you're goin for the hotter one, we know this!!
    You're wrong on so many levels.

If anything, it is the richer one :p

you keep mentioning me being a 16 year old girl, obviously that notion is in your head....look i dont mind, watever you're into.

Firstly link me to more than one post where I specifically compare you to a 16 year old girl?

Secondly, you're assuming that I'm attracted to 16 year old girls based on the one incident which would be based on the further assumption that I'm into you. There are creationists who preach more valid and likely notions than this.

• Advertisement

You're wrong on so many levels.

If anything, it is the richer one :p

Touché. :pac:

I was wrong on one level so!

All things equal - both guys have identical bank balances, the same sense of humour, the same interests in films, music, philosophy, are both well endowned etc etc etc. Eliminate anything else, assume theyre twins except ones a fatso and one has abs.

You're goin for the hawtness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

hi,

i'm lost. can some please tell me where the exit is?

hi,

Between your legs about 2 inches past your ......... :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

hi,

There is always a little more toothpaste in the tube. Think about it.

Well if you eliminate every other factor except looks then obviously by pure process of elimination you're goin to make your choice on the one factor that is left. How does chosing on the basis of the only factor you have make you inclined towards that factor?

Have IQ's dropped in Ireland recently?
    Touché. :pac:

I was wrong on one level so!

All things equal - both guys have identical bank balances, the same sense of humour, the same interests in films, music, philosophy, are both well endowned etc etc etc. Eliminate anything else, assume theyre twins except ones a fatso and one has abs.

You're goin for the hawtness!

• Advertisement

can i just say SLYDICE IS ****ING AWESOME!

Well if you eliminate every other factor except looks then obviously by pure process of elimination you're goin to make your choice on the one factor that is left. How does chosing on the basis of the only factor you have make you inclined towards that factor?

Have IQ's dropped in Ireland recently?

I dunno, nothing in any of the posts Ive read tonight so far have suggested that IQs in the States are on the up!! Self promotion is one helluva pastime tho! Keep it up! ;)

Look, people jump around with all kinds of excuses but at the end of the day if you get chatted up by someone you are far more likely to be interested if they look like Brad Pitt than if they look like Peter Beardsley. Simple human nature.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

can i just say SLYDICE IS ****ING AWESOME!

tis rare that I do this but after checking out Dub13's link... +1

:ojust got my first official warning for breach of forum charter, only took me 7years. kinda feel like I belong now

I dunno, nothing in any of the posts Ive read tonight so far have suggested that IQs in the States are on the up!! Self promotion is one helluva pastime tho! Keep it up! ;)

Look, people jump around with all kinds of excuses but at the end of the day if you get chatted up by someone you are far more likely to be interested if they look like Brad Pitt than if they look like Peter Beardsley. Simple human nature.

Get back to me when you move past taking lessons in logic from Mr. Alan.

Get back to me when you move past taking lessons in logic from Mr. Alan.

leave it out :( my logic is sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just in from an absolute cracker of a footy game. Eagles finally got a win and the atmosphere was brilliant at the Oval. Super day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Just after finished watching Requiem For A Dream, what a creepy but brilliant film!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

'tis ****ed up. Almost disturbingly so. Didn't like it much apart from Jenny Connolly generally smoking.

The crazy/hallucination scenes made me too uncomfortable to enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Smegball wrote: »
    Just after finished watching Requiem For A Dream, what a creepy but brilliant film!!

Most depressing film Ive ever seen, love it!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Should watch Angela's Ashes. Suicide Inducing.

• Advertisement

Just back fro TDK. Smashing film, although a bit rushed in places. LOL when I saw
    Curtis Alexander from Dream Team in it. He's moved up in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I am so f*cking tired. Going out for drinks, any good way of not feeling tired without a nap or anything or am I doomed to crash by 11?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Kold wrote: »
    I am so f*cking tired. Going out for drinks, any good way of not feeling tired without a nap or anything or am I doomed to crash by 11?

Get yourself some of those soluble ginsing tablets or guarna capsules,two great 'pickmeups'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I see the tags have had a cleaning :)

why the **** was "wtf is Ryan Adams" allowed to stay? But "Ryan Adams=Great not"?! nazi mods. FACT ;)

quality thread dug up in films;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054969721

Couple of posts from our soccer friends :);)
    Why did they have to bring up The Joker again anyway? No one will ever top Jack Nicholsons' performance.
    Whilst Heath is more than capable of playing the role well, I think it could be a mistake re-introducing the Joker as, imho, the portrayal of the Character by Nicholson is legendary and I will always associate the Joker with Nicholson. Hope I am wrong though.

quality thread dug up in films;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054969721

Couple of posts from our soccer friends :);)

Hey, i'll put my hands up and say I was wrong, but look at my post, I said that I hoped I was wrong.

I don't think I was going out on a limb by saying that Nicholson would be who I associated the Joker with. All this hype that Heath is getting, was exactly what Jack got 20 years ago, because he too pulled off a great performance, and unlike Heath, only had the camp 60's Joker to work off. You can definitely see bits of Jack in Heath's performance.

Come on, anyone who had seen Ned Kelly or a Knight's Tale would have had their doubts about Ledger surpassing Nicholson.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Just saw the Dark Knight and (no spoilers coming) if i had of needed to go to the toilet during that movie id have rathered piss all over myself than take my eyes off that screen, it was that good. Go see that movie!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Just saw the Dark Knight and (no spoilers coming) if i had of needed to go to the toilet during that movie id have rathered piss all over myself than take my eyes off that screen, it was that good. Go see that movie!!
    Didn't get to see it yet. :mad:

Monday, come hell or high water!

Anyone knows where i can find some list with countries and their representatives on Olympic games in Beijing?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Can't wait to see it. I was worried that it was being over-hyped due to Heath Ledger's death. Sounds great now though, heard a few brief reviews. Tuesday night hopefully *crosses fingers*

And i finally decided to enable sig and avatar option in my profile:D

Is there possibility i import my own avatar or i need to select one of these that are offered here in options?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

wats better drinking music?

Van Halen or Def Leppard ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

And i finally decided to enable sig and avatar option in my profile:D

Is there possibility i import my own avatar or i need to select one of these that are offered here in options?

If you're not a subscriber you have to choose one of those provided. If you subscribe you can upload or select a url.

If you're not a subscriber you have to choose one of those provided. If you subscribe you can upload or select a url.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Might go to this Batman lark tommorow after the Cork Pat's game.

I like Bale, and I like Batman, so its all good as they say.

Anyway, what do people think of my idea on the leaving cert forum? I'm not bothered posting a link but I hope if any of you are bored you will read it, and give some feedback.

• Advertisement

Do we have many high school kids here?

I scored a very pretty goal today :) I curled the ball with topspin into the upper 90 from 20 yards :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Is that english ?

I scored a very pretty goal today :) I curled the ball with topspin into the upper 90 from 20 yards :)

you crack me up ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Me (7th pint): She's cute, she'd definitely say yeah, f'ck it i'll go over, yeah, f'ck it, she's definitely making eye contact, just go over. Wait, what will I say? Hmm, f'ck it I'll go for a fag and think it over, maybe she's a smoker too, it'll be easier to chat to her out there anyway. -has fag
    Well now I need a pint, -waits 10 mins to get served
    Aight, now just go over and sayyyy 'Hi what's your name?' Nah man, that's pretty lame, wait who's the guy? Maybe that's a boyfriend? Hmm, well they're not being too close or kissing, ah well, best to leave it just in case he is, not kosher cracking onto a chick with a bf. -20 mins of dancing
    She's definitely making eye contact man! Wait.. what if she's just staring back at the weirdo staring at her... Christ man it's now or never, you'll be a weirdo if this goes on. But what the f'ck do I say? Hm, how are the lads doing? -They're f'cked. Better go for fag... -spend 20 mins talking to French people.
    F'ck it I need another pint! -Gets pint
    So... Ah f'ck it, I'm pissed now.

That was last night. A pretty common night.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Morrning ladies,my head hurts big time.I am never drinking again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement