Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

I'd be looking forward to the weekend if I wasn't being dragged to a Ben Lee gig!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

every single morning. Just before I start work. Xavi tells me he's finished for the day.

Do you realise what you're doing for my Morale Xavi?!?! DO YOU?!?!
    I most certainly do! :D And Ben Lee has teh ghey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

every single morning. Just before I start work. Xavi tells me he's finished for the day.

Its all right he doesn't have a three day weekend to look forward to.

waits to be proven wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

He is just very cruel man.....

:pac:

Its all right he doesn't have a three day weekend to look forward to.

waits to be proven wrong
    Yeah no long weekends for me til September. What's it in aid of this time?

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Yeah no long weekends for me til September. What's it in aid of this time?

Like I know or care its a paid day off. I don't question it I just accept it.

3 day weekend > 2 day weekend
    3 day weekend in Dublin < 2 day weekend in Perth.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Not at this time of year Alan.

Perth around now is nice but all the girls are in hibernation (the nice locals, not the drunken backpackers) trying to shed pounds for the upcoming summer spent in a bikini on cottlesloe or scarborough beach.

It was this time last year I was there - still nice, but still winter. One of my biggest regrets is not being there in the summer - had to pick a city to spend the Oz summer in and Melbourne with the Tennis, Grand Prix and Air Show was too hard to say no to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I have friday off, so for all intents and purposes, today is thursday as far as I'm concerned :)

I have tomorrow off for working last saturday. Couldn't get the friday. But I'm going for a round of golf followed by a few at the 19th or maybe a trip to see this Dark Knight everyone is harping on about.

Watched Batman Begins last night - there's just one thing that grates on me - Bale's gravel voice when he is in the suit - ridiculous imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Watched Batman Begins last night - there's just one thing that grates on me - Bale's gravel voice when he is in the suit - ridiculous imo.

Then you might want to brace yourself for TDK :)

To be honest, it bothered me a little in Batman Begins, but I really didn't mind it in TDK - although a lot of people do complain about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I think he needs the voice as his Bruce Wayne voice is quite distintive and people will cop on pretty easy.

Oh I can understand the need for it as far as the plot goes - but it's not done very well by bale imo. Sounds forced and cheesy. It's batman, not Darth vader.

Perhaps they should have James Earl Jones to dub the parts where he's in the suit - that would be better - if not completely hilarious.

Not at this time of year Alan.

Perth around now is nice but all the girls are in hibernation (the nice locals, not the drunken backpackers) trying to shed pounds for the upcoming summer spent in a bikini on cottlesloe or scarborough beach.

It was this time last year I was there - still nice, but still winter. One of my biggest regrets is not being there in the summer - had to pick a city to spend the Oz summer in and Melbourne with the Tennis, Grand Prix and Air Show was too hard to say no to.

True, however I do have the bonus of all the sexy business women strolling around the city at lunch. That gives me my fix over the winter months.

Oh I can understand the need for it as far as the plot goes - but it's not done very well by bale imo. Sounds forced and cheesy. It's batman, not Darth vader.

Perhaps they should have James Earl Jones to dub the parts where he's in the suit - that would be better - if not completely hilarious.

Ah yeah I get ya now. Yeah it did bother me in Batman Begins but I didnt really notice it much in DK film.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I had a mind feast ice cream for the first time in years over the weekend,it was lick a throw back to my youth.I am not sure if they stopped doing them or I just have not had one in years.I am sitting here now craving one,I know I sound like a pregnant woman.

mmmmmm Hot Aussie chicks in business suits..........hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Oh yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dub13 wrote: »
    I had a mind feast ice cream for the first time in years over the weekend,it was lick a throw back to my youth.I am not sure if they stopped doing them or I just have not had one in years.I am sitting here now craving one,I know I sound like a pregnant woman.

Minty chocolate, for me, is the devil's work.

Did you happen to see any normal Feasts? I used to love them.

I was in Perth this time two years ago. Actually we probably had just left to head north to a much warmer climate.

Perth is one of the best cities to be at this time, not as cold and wet as Melbourne and Sydney.

We nearly missed out on Perth and the whole west coast until we got drunk one night in Melbourne and decided to head to Perth to watch Ireland v Australia in the rugby. Best drunken decision ever.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Des wrote: »
    Did you happen to see any normal Feasts? I used to love them.

I did not go into the shop I was outside in the car,I sent MrsDub13 in sure thats what they are for.:)

I like the normal normal Feasts but the mint is just a tad better IMO.Did they stop doing them..?

• Advertisement

Do some people still walk around in their bare feet in Perth. Thats one of the 1st things I noticed there about 5 years ago.

Still a clean city ?

Yep she's still spotless. I'd go over to the shopping centre in my bare feet sometimes.

Yep she's still spotless. I'd go over to the shopping centre in my bare feet sometimes.

Bare feet and pyjamas?

You absolute skobe.

I never said anything about pyjamas? :confused:

I heard that weird thing with going around in pyjamas and without shoes in Australia...dont get it but would like to see it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Some fat joker from NTL just cut off our service there now.

I should have gutted him while I had the chance.

• Advertisement

Er.

You should have paid your bills while you had the chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Pay your bills man. You can have no complaints

Nothings free today anymore....

Nothings free today anymore....

Liar.

Evidence

Eh no. Its not my problem. This lad called on the spot...not a phonecall, not nothing.

My parents weren't even here, so I had no idea what to do.

I hope its NTL's **** up so your man has to come crawling back to reconnect it.

• Advertisement

You need to pay shipping?

The only reason he'd call to cut off the service, is if the service hadn't been paid for.

You need to pay shipping?

Not on some things.

About a year ago, I found all kind of American Christian Magazines, Incontinence Pants and other stuff that was been given away for free on various websites and places, and sent them all to a friend of mine.

Free shipping.

In other news, I'm going to San Francisco next week. This represents a problem for me, as while I hate the USA in general, the West Coast particulary gets to me.

Hopefully 10 days go so fast.....

In other news, I'm going to San Francisco next week. This represents a problem for me, as while I hate the USA in general, the West Coast particulary gets to me.

Hopefully 10 days go so fast.....

Jeez you're a ray of sunshine today :rolleyes:

Not on some things.

About a year ago, I found all kind of American Christian Magazines, Incontinence Pants and other stuff that was been given away for free on various websites and places, and sent them all to a friend of mine.

Free shipping.

So theres something free acctually,my mistake:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

San Franciscos a nice place.

Very hilly though.

Actually I take some of it back, New York is good enough.

I miss:

Watching James McCarthy for Hamilton.

Missing Drogheda next week.

Community Shield(not too bothered at all)

Two LOI games on Setanta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Missing Drogheda next week.

Not missing much. It's a hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

pvt.joker wrote: »
    Not missing much. It's a hole.

Yea, San Fran is up there with the likes of Baghdad and Kabul that Id rather go to than Drogheda.

Missing Drogheda play Dynamo Kyiv next week..I mean.....Obviously I wouldn't want to actually go to the place, although if given the choice I might pick it over the west coast of the USA.

Why are u going if u dont want to Estie?

Why are u going if u dont want to Estie?

His parents don't trust him enough to leave him in the house alone.

Now, back to work you.

Enjoying your lunch Neil?! Don't be on that internet too long! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Anyone see the Last Lecture thread in Pics/vids? It's pretty cool.

Kold wrote: »
    Anyone see the Last Lecture thread in Pics/vids? It's pretty cool.

post here, I'm banned from AH and it's subforums.

Enjoying your lunch Neil?! Don't be on that internet too long! :pac:

:D:D

Yea its great! I actually did 4 hours work today! I feel dirty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Actually I take some of it back, New York is good enough.

I miss:

Two LOI games on Setanta.

How on earth could you rate two LOI games on Setanta as better than a free trip to California Estie? Ridiculous man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

trip sounds good estie.

if only we had a forum member on the west coast who could show you around????hmmmm;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement