Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

:D:D

Yea its great! I actually did 4 hours work today! I feel dirty!

No Way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Galway races on here all week and the best thing about it is, I gets an extra half hour sleep in, in the mornin' and it only takes 10 mins each way from work :D. Normally it's 30/35 mins each way.

Worst thing is the state of me paddy power account :(

How does the races being on make it easier for you to get to work? Are in you Galway? Wouldn't there be more traffic or is everyone just at it so off the roads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Mr Alan wrote: »
    trip sounds good estie.

if only we had a forum member on the west coast who could show you around????hmmmm;)

Lol surely you don't mean......??? No, you couldn't, could you?!?!?!

Imagine the photos! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lol surely you don't mean......??? No, you couldn't, could you?!?!?!

Imagine the photos! :D

im imagining, dunno what she looks like but my imagined photos probably wouldent be as good if i did. oh estie you and your dirty photos:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

How does the races being on make it easier for you to get to work? Are in you Galway? Wouldn't there be more traffic or is everyone just at it so off the roads?

Yep, I is in Galway. A few factories shut down raceweek and with the schools off too, there's feck all on the roads in the morning.
    As for goin' home, while everyone is headin' for the races I'm goin' the opposite direction :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Ha BH.

I have to get up at 7 in the morning to go. I woudn't mind if it was evening time heading out but 7am...then back at 8 in the mornin.:rolleyes:

I don't want to go, but I've been forced. I like to keep my money in Europe which is why I would have liked Bulgaria, Italy, Spain, Ballybunnion, France or anywhere else interesting in Europe(in every country basically)

US is a waste of time IMO. I like Australians for some reason but English speakers as a majority in a very hot and sunny weather just doesn't sit right with me. Maby when the Mexicans dominate California and take it back enforcing Spanish as the language then I would like it.

Maby San Francisco will be good because it has the same weather as here only much less likely to rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Maby San Francisco will be good because it has the same weather as here only much less likely to rain.

The weather is the best thing about San Fran. It gets a really really nice refreshing mist everyday around 5 that feels like walking around in stationary drizzle

No Way.

Haha i knew i could count on you to quote me!

So thats what a full day of work feels like? That sucks. The day does fly by though! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

So thats what a full day of work feels like? That sucks. The day does fly by though! :pac:

I think this thread had its lowest post count in quite some time though. Now we know who the biggest waster was :p

• Advertisement

I know - the question comes up regularly. Would I rather be bored than busy.

I favour bored because although the day passes slower I'm nice and refreshed come home time to pursue my social life and hobbies. The days where I'm flat out in work I find I just wanna go home and flake for the evening.

I think this thread had its lowest post count in quite some time though. Now we know who the biggest waster was :p

In fairness, i wasnt talkin to myself!! :P
    I know - the question comes up regularly. Would I rather be bored than busy.

I favour bored because although the day passes slower I'm nice and refreshed come home time to pursue my social life and hobbies. The days where I'm flat out in work I find I just wanna go home and flake for the evening.

Yea Ill tell ya, let me dosss and have a slow day any day, im wrecked and headin out to training now, its gonna be killer :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Kings Of Leon teaser for new album

dewey cox ftw

Prefer their old stuff

their? im watching (for the second time) bthe dewy cox direcors cut movie

I was referring to Al's King's of Leon post just above you. Looks like we posted at the same time.

probaly true still watching it.... directers cut ... wooo patrick duffy took a beating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

*Sniff* :~(

:(

What up hommes?

Went to see the X-Files last night. So, so disappointed.

• Advertisement

GuanYin wrote: »

and then in the end its family and freinds its about the young girls you'uve made cry....its a beautifly ride...

What up hommes?
    I think you mean "holmes"

I got 7 mean PMs in my inbox :(

They said the nastiest things!

Be honest, *sniff* am I really sarcastic, abrupt and condescending? *sniff* :(
    Went to see the X-Files last night. So, so disappointed.

I did warn you!

Forward me the PMs and I'll sort them out for ya! :pac:

Absolutely disgusted. As I said in the film forum, if John and Mary had of been the main characters instead of Mulder and Scully you wouldn't have known it was an X-Files movie.

Not a hint of an extra-terrestrial either.

so anyone who isnt in the US / Aus going out on FRi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Forward me the PMs and I'll sort them out for ya! :pac:

Absolutely disgusted. As I said in the film forum, if John and Mary had of been the main characters instead of Mulder and Scully you wouldn't have known it was an X-Files movie.

Not a hint of an extra-terrestrial either.

Isn't Billy Connolly in it?

Yeah plays a pedo priest and he's quite irritating

Its kinda like their "monster of the week" type episodes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

GuanYin wrote: »

Same, same :(

Some spammer/spanner spoiled the ending of the batman film on me last night.

He got site-banned for his trouble \0/

<3 Ruu

You mean you didn't know that Hayden Christiansen was going to appear as Robin at the end?

Thats like the new Crying Game :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Grrrr.

I read something else relating to the plot. Anyway, I don't want to get into it. I'm going to try and put it all out of my head until after tomorrow night.

In other news, any forcasts for the bank holiday weekend yet? Bought a bbq last weekend and am waiting to fire it up (sure sign that it'll continue to rain). Looked at the Webbers, I couldn't justify the extra cash though.

Mornin lads.

Wont be going to see the X-Files movie anywya, thought it looked ****e on the trailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

/Averts gaze from any potential spoilers

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Morning peoples,

am actually looking forward to the X files movie. apparently i have a look of yer wan out of it, so am expecting to be swapped with people looking for my autograph :cool:

Morning all.

Strange question, but have any of you ever had Boards dreams? I had a rather strange one last night! Must stop logging out late and going straight to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Yo.

• Advertisement

Morning all.

Strange question, but have any of you ever had Boards dreams? I had a rather strange one last night! Must stop logging out late and going straight to sleep.

Was I in it?

I dream about a certain Boards person all the time.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Same, same :(

Some spammer/spanner spoiled the ending of the batman film on me last night.

He got site-banned for his trouble \0/

<3 Ruu

Damn that would pi*s me off. I've been avoiding muppetry sites like the football365 forums for the last week as theres always some spanner who thinks its funny to spoil big movies for people. Think ill try and catch it this weekend. :cool:
    Big batman fan, especially the 1960's versions :cool: in a so bad they're good sort of way

pvt.joker wrote: »
    Big batman fan, especially the 1960's versions :cool: in a so bad they're good sort of way

Mayor Adam West is brilliant.

adamwest.png

Des wrote: »
    Was I in it?

I dream about a certain Boards person all the time.

:p

No, sorry Des :p

A Liverpool fan was giving a presentation on why 5 United players would be leaving this summer. I told him that if it happened I'd do a forfeit to be decided by the Liverpool fans of the Soccer forum.

It kind of ended after that!
    pvt.joker wrote: »
    Damn that would pi*s me off. I've been avoiding muppetry sites like the football365 forums for the last week as theres always some spanner who thinks its funny to spoil big movies for people.

For the last two years there have been people registering here and spoiling the finale of Lost. I think a few people had it spoiled when the post appeared in the 'reported posts' forum.

adamwest.png

:D

I love the episodes with the young bruce lee in them as "The green hornet" sidekick

• Advertisement

Video fails.

fail.PNG

No ....boards fails :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Morning all.

i had one about the rigger, this avater is the cookie monster and the cookie monster was in my dream and he was called the rigger

tis all very strange but not as strange as the one i had last night when i killed about 15 with a hammer by bashing their heads in

adamwest.png

I love when he dressed up as a British guard to watch out for Quagmire and then breaks into a fit of laughter!! Gold!

When the boss is away Neil will play! :P

The cat crossbow he had was brilliant too.

irishbird wrote: »
    tis all very strange but not as strange as the one i had last night when i killed about 15 with a hammer by bashing their heads in

:eek:
    When the boss is away Neil will play! :P

Is he away all day? Better make the most of today :pac:

Has anyone seen the ad on Sky for the new football season? Don't worry, this isn't about football, but the music (and women) in the ad. It's the one with the 4 very hot girls, three are playing violin and the other is playing a cello.

I'm sure I've seen some of their videos before, their name is on the tip of my tongue.

:eek:

Is he away all day? Better make the most of today :pac:

Has anyone seen the ad on Sky for the new football season? Don't worry, this isn't about football, but the music (and women) in the ad. It's the one with the 4 very hot girls, three are playing violin and the other is playing a cello.

I'm sure I've seen some of their videos before, their name is on the tip of my tongue.

think they're that crowd from one of those reality "talent" shows yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

I think it might be this lot - four pretty girls with the Classical music thingie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bond_%28band%29

That's exactly the band who's name I was trying to think of, thanks.

<3 a bit of classical music.

I think it might be this lot - four pretty girls with the Classical music thingie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bond_%28band%29

Nope, its the crowd from britains got talent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escala_(group)

"They have signed up to perform the new ad campaign for Sky Sports new football season 08/09"

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement