Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Ugh her again. :(

Tattoos on girls can be ok, but not very often. Tattoo on the lower back, may as well be a target!!

Agreed.... But im talking about full on tattoo, like sleeves. They are pretty disgusting in my opinion... Im a much bigger fan of the Scarlett Johansson mould...

scarlett_johansson3.jpg

That picture is an assault on the senses... :p Also, The Prestige is not only a f*cking mint movie, but she also looks AMAZING in it.

Whats this, talk about stuff we've done already day? First Maggie, now Ryan Admas (misspell intended!;)) next we'll be havin Ib come in sayin she's just dumped Des with her excuse being "Well what have you done for me lately"?!

Anyone in here a vegetarian!? GY can we be facebook buddies? Everyone excited to see TDK!?

:D

eZe^ wrote: »
    Agreed.... But im talking about full on tattoo, like sleeves. They are pretty disgusting in my opinion... Im a much bigger fan of the Scarlett Johansson mould...

scarlett_johansson3.jpg

That picture is an assault on the senses... :p Also, The Prestige is not only a f*cking mint movie, but she also looks AMAZING in it.

Thanks, that pic makes me :) I always mix her up with Charlize Theron for some reason.

Thoughts of Maggie Gyllenhall make my libido go way down :(

Havent seen The Prestige. Any use?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

That picture is an assault on the senses... :p

**** me, that picture knocked me for 6.

And Maggie Gyllenhaal is HOT. Very hot. I've had this discussion before - Sherry Baby and Secretary are quality movies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Meh Johansson's very overrated. Can look good then can look absolutely woeful (see 'The Other Boleyn Girl' for evidence).

Big tits but that's about it.

Ryan Adams? Not his biggest fan like. I go through massive shifts in music taste. I literally listen to every type of music under the sun. One day it'll be A Perfect Circle/ Tool, and then it'll be Dave Matthews Band/ Foals. Anybody listen to post rock? It's like really really mellow instrumental music with epic parts thrown in for good measure. Explosions in the sky would be a good example of them? They do the soundtrack for the movie/ show Friday Night Lights.

Im in the mood for some funky music at the moment, maybe a band that plays Daft Punky style stuff.

I've a drum lesson at two, I really should get out of bed.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Meh Johansson's very overrated. Can look good then can look absolutely woeful (see 'The Other Boleyn Girl' for evidence).

Big tits but that's about it.

Get out!!! All girls can look woeful though... I'd much prefer Scarlett over the likes of Heat magazines pick of the week.

Whats everyones opinion on Latinas/ Hispanic ladies? Why is your average Spanish/ Italian girl 100 times more attractive than your average Irish girl? =(

Get out!!! All girls can look woeful though... I'd much prefer Scarlett over the likes of Heat magazines pick of the week.

And I'd much rather the hot bird on the street than someone who's overrated cause she's famous.

Whats everyones opinion on Latinas/ Hispanic ladies? Why is your average Spanish/ Italian girl 100 times more attractive than your average Irish girl? =(

Cause Irish birds are generally rotten, and most of decent ones are hidden under ten layers of makeup, A&F hoodies and Ugg(ly) boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

someone post up that french news reader lady.

god she is beautiful.

• Advertisement

My favourite is Aussies (the accent gets me every single time)

But I do like the Hispanic girls. Was with a beutiful half Spanish half Brazilian girl in London a month ago....dang she was hot. Not a patch of make up on her either. Nothing. And she still pwned pretty much every girl in that particular bar.

Cause Irish birds are generally rotten, and most of decent ones are hidden under ten layers of makeup, A&F hoodies and Ugg(ly) boots.

QFT.

And Id still take those wrecks over Gyllenhall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Serbian girls ftw:D

My favourite is Aussies (the accent gets me every single time)

But I do like the Hispanic girls. Was with a beutiful half Spanish half Brazilian girl in London a month ago....dang she was hot. Not a patch of make up on her either. Nothing. And she pwned every girl there.

Im all about the Spanish/ Italian/ Swedish girls tbh. I was with a load of Spaniards for the Euro final and my god. I was in heaven that whole day and night. Alcohol, conga lines, football and attractive women... What more does one need Neil!!!! =P How's the studying for exams going?

you're really coming out of your shell on here lately eze, you should apply to be one of the cronies ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Waits for chart!

untitled.jpg

There ya go. Figures are 100% conclusive*

*May not be at all true

Im all about the Spanish/ Italian/ Swedish girls tbh. I was with a load of Spaniards for the Euro final and my god. I was in heaven that whole day and night. Alcohol, conga lines, football and attractive women... What more does one need Neil!!!! =P How's the studying for exams going?

Id agree there.

Id love to meet more foreign chicks but I always end up around bloody Irish girls!!

Studys goin well, gettin into it now. Let myself get a bit distracted at the weekend with booze, watchin Des' appreciation of Dimitri:D, women, behaviour Jonny Knoxville would have been proud of, music, films etc etc...basically lettin off steam before yesterday when i was to knuckle down once and for all. Will be up in the library again tonght until 11 same as last nite. Im startin to get a grasp of the stuff that I had problems with before so fingers crossed. This month is gonna suck though!

PS - How long u been playing drums?

• Advertisement

It seems noone getting me serious about serbian girls:D

Post pics then we will listen!

Post pics then we will listen!

I am lazy for it,go on youtube and type serbian girls,you will find few videos of average serbian girls

They took my youtube away! Come on delija I'll post pics of hot Irish women

May not post pics of hot Irish women as there may be no such thing:pac:

except corcaighcaillin :p

*swoon*

;)

• Advertisement

They took my youtube away! Come on delija I'll post pics of hot Irish women

Dude it would take me hours to post just some of the pics,i cant even watch all the youtube videos they have over there:D

When you get time and youtube do it:D

I expect you for infos about traveling to Serbia....

Mr Alan wrote: »

*swoon*

;)

:D:D

Where is she hiding these days anyway?!

you're really coming out of your shell on here lately eze, you should apply to be one of the cronies ;)

Hahaha, I was always the kid in the background who liked La Liga in school, so I'm used to it. I remember when a newcastle supporter started laughing at me when we met in the CL... See how quickly that smug expression was wiped off his face... :pac: What are said requirements to be a cronie? hahaha

Id agree there.

Id love to meet more foreign chicks but I always end up around bloody Irish girls!!

Studys goin well, gettin into it now. Let myself get a bit distracted at the weekend with booze, watchin Des' appreciation of Dimitri:D, women, behaviour Jonny Knoxville would have been proud of, music, films etc etc...basically lettin off steam before yesterday when i was to knuckle down once and for all. Will be up in the library again tonght until 11 same as last nite. Im startin to get a grasp of the stuff that I had problems with before so fingers crossed. This month is gonna suck though!

PS - How long u been playing drums?

I live right next to UCC, so there are always foreign people having house parties during the summer, it's pretty damn sweet man. Allesandra from down the road is a piece of work dude!

What are you studying? An I've been playing drums for about two years, still shi*e though. =)

Embarrassingly enough, I have the biggest crush on Ana Ivanovic. I actually love her... Maybe even more than Alan loves Torres. :P

*swoon*

;)

Me wants pic

Embarrassingly enough, I have the biggest crush on Ana Ivanovic. I actually love her... Maybe even more than Alan loves Torres. :P

Ana Ivanovic??? Dude she is so average....

Ana Ivanovic??? Dude she is so average....

I know man, it goes against all my intuition. It's just I love girls who play tennis... :p Its embarrassing, but I'll get over it when we get married.

I know man, it goes against all my intuition. It's just I love girls who play tennis... :p Its embarrassing, but I'll get over it when we get married.

Haha:pac:

I never found that girl as something special,just some average girl

Hahaha, I was always the kid in the background who liked La Liga in school, so I'm used to it. I remember when a newcastle supporter started laughing at me when we met in the CL... See how quickly that smug expression was wiped off his face... :pac: What are said requirements to be a cronie? hahaha

Barca winning makes me :)

Newcy losing makes me :)

:):):)

Im hopin to get over to my first match at the Camp Nou this year, one of the lads wants to go too so we're lookin at goin early 2009!! :)

eZe^ wrote:
    I live right next to UCC, so there are always foreign people having house parties during the summer, it's pretty damn sweet man. Allesandra from down the road is a piece of work dude!
    Im on my way!!

Lucky u, Ill have to alternate my nights out to meet more foreigners! My mid August resolution if you will!
    eZe^ wrote:
    What are you studying? An I've been playing drums for about two years, still shi*e though. =)

I'm doin accountancy. After college i was gonna travel but had to work for a year or 2 to save, that was last June, everyone kept twellin me to do my post grad now so I could go away qualified and not have to come back, made sense so here I am. 2 and a half years of it left. How bout u?

Ah, I've been playin the bass for nearly 6 years but I also own a djembe drum and can play basic rhythms on the drums. I'm a rhythm man anyway....down with those self indulgent guitar solos!! :P

Im hopin to get over to my first match at the Camp Nou this year, one of the lads wants to go too so we're lookin at goin early 2009!! :)

Same here. Thinking about going over in Feb with three or four of the lads when I'm home. Gonna try meet Xavi and get some shirts signed.

Im only 19, so Im just about to go into my 2nd year of Physics and Astrophysics in UCC. Planning on doing a PhD also, but not in Ireland, I think I'll go to America to be honest, they have some amazing post-grad programmes!

If you're going to BCN this year for the first time, you want to see them win realistically. First impressions and all that ;). Hahah, go to see them play somebody like Malaga. Always nice to see a good battering. =)

Down with guitars is right! Rhythm and grooves are where it's at. All these 12 minute finger tapping, sweep picking poo hurts my ears and gets boring after 23 seconds.

Same here. Thinking about going over in Feb with three or four of the lads when I'm home. Gonna try meet Xavi and get some shirts signed.

He's my boi... I can phone him up when you're over there, you can stay at his house iswell if you want... Me and him go way back....

• Advertisement

Me wants pic

dont we all brother ;)

At least we're on the same page with one of our chosen teams!! :pac:

Im only 19, so Im just about to go into my 2nd year of Physics and Astrophysics in UCC. Planning on doing a PhD also, but not in Ireland, I think I'll go to America to be honest, they have some amazing post-grad programmes!
    U should defo, be great fun livin in America I'd say. Is that a 4 year course yea?!

eZe^ wrote:
    If you're going to BCN this year for the first time, you want to see them win realistically. First impressions and all that ;). Hahah, go to see them play somebody like Malaga. Always nice to see a good battering. =)
    Well I saw Barca at OT but my United hat was firmly on that night! Still appreciated seeing all my favourite players like Eto'o, Xavi, Messi, Iniesta, Puyol and for some reason, probably the 2006 final, I have a soft spot for Valdes!

eZe^ wrote:
    Down with guitars is right! Rhythm and grooves are where it's at. All these 12 minute finger tapping, sweep picking poo hurts my ears and gets boring after 23 seconds.
    I listen to both Joe Satriani and Tommy Emmanuel a lot, both are amazing at that, but they know when enough is enough which is why theyre so good. Nothing worse than self indulgence......look how many notes per second I can play!

for some reason, probably the 2006 final, I have a soft spot for Valdes!

me too.

probably for the hilarious pass back and howler against us in the Nou camp a couple of years ago :) Barca must be kicking themselves that they chose him instead of Reina, the guy is pants :)

me too.

probably for the hilarious pass back and howler against us in the Nou camp a couple of years ago :) Barca must be kicking themselves that they chose him instead of Reina, the guy is pants :)

I remember that, was almost as funny as Reina's one in the derby, almost!!

Valdes has more medals than Reina too! :P And he still has his hair!! :D Valdes > Reina!! :pac::pac:

dont we all brother ;)

I thought its posted already...so i am just another member of club WE ARE AWAITING HER PIC:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

found out today that should be going into a studio last weekend in August to make an EP. very excited! :)

Congrats.

Does this mean the Mr Alan Shuffle will be in all good record shops soon...?:)

Dub13 wrote: »
    Congrats.

Does this mean the Mr Alan Shuffle will be in all good record shops soon...?:)

that actually not a bad name for it :) "the mr. alan shuffle", like the sounds of that.

Nah, not all good record shops I'm afraid. Available in The Tophouse pub will probably be about the best i can do ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Nah, not all good record shops I'm afraid. Available in The Tophouse pub will probably be about the best i can do ;)

Its a start.

• Advertisement

is the best pub in north county dublin is wat it is ;)

Forgot to say congrats on that earlier Al!

theres nothing to congragulate, we're just paying to go into a studio :) its a gooood studio though. I owe PaulBrewer off this site some thanks for pointing us in the right direction.

What studio,Mr Alan is making a music cd???:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

how many of you are there? Have ye any recordings hosted online?

Gimme a link so I can get my critic on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Cork beers on Saturday. You f*ckers look like you need a roadtrip...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Anyone see Colm Murray on the news last night ordering chinese food ala Alan Partridge.

2nd last link from the 9 o clock news below.

Last 48 hours of Olympic countdown
    Colm Murray turns his attention to the local cuisine in this report from Bejing

http://www.rte.ie/news/9news/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Anyone see Colm Murray on the news last night ordering chinese food ala Alan Partridge.

2nd last link from the 9 o clock news below.

Last 48 hours of Olympic countdown
    Colm Murray turns his attention to the local cuisine in this report from Bejing

http://www.rte.ie/news/9news/

RTE reporting at it's best!!! Very Partidge'esq alright.
    Saw it on the late news on RTE2 last night, the dude presenting the sports news in the studio didn't look impressed one bit, "It should be me out there, not that tool"
    Nice to see where our license fees are goin'!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Wont work for me.

Feckin southerners....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

If I had to choose between RTE broadcasts or the Beeb outside of champion's league nights I'd have to say I'd be happier with the Beeb Archimedes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I dunno, I really miss Network 2. Damn Freeview boxes up here dont have RTE, or even Sky One. I'll be doomed to online viewing once Prison Break comes back.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement