Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Golf? Zzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Golf? Zzzzzzz

You are up to some ladies beach volleyball or soccer ?:D

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Golf? Zzzzzzz

I agree but like I said I do realise the magnitude of what a Dubliner with a silly voice and a healthy cholestrol level has managed to do on the international stage!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Golf is a great sport. I enjoy playing and watching.

Al just texted me asking me to say the following:

"I dont really like Ryan Adams, I do in facty realise the he is sh1te! Golf is for sissies and Harrington sucks!" :D:pac::D

Only joking, he wants me to inform you that "Harrington is a [expletive] legend and golf is [expletive] deadly"!

He's still lurking, hi Al!

Definately - fair play to harrington. He should be recognised as one of Ireland's all-time greatest sportsman but probably won't because he's not a footballer.

He's had the best 4 weeks any Golfer is ever likely to have had.

Definately - fair play to harrington. He should be recognised as one of Ireland's all-time greatest sportsman but probably won't because he's not a footballer.

He's had the best 4 weeks any Golfer is ever likely to have had.

they were talkin about it on the radio this morning and people were arguing that roy Keane, Liam Brady, Stephen Roche and (:pac::D) Michelle Smith were all ahead of him....

in fairness bar Keane, Giles and brady, how many fo our footballers could be considered "great"?

Also sports wise Emmanuel petit had a better 4 weeks!!! :P

Won double with l'Arse
    Scored 3rd goal in WC Final
    Won a load of money in a slot machine in Monaco!

But yea as golfers go he has had the best month ever!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Golf aint my thing but Harrington is now argueably Irelands greatest active sportsman IMO.

Saw a post of Des's yesterday and it made me laugh, where one of us would have registered user on our profile he now has Dimitri! des is turning into a Ukrainian pimp that he himself would like to punch!

Aye all those footballers will always be regarded in higher esteem because they are football players. Michelle Smith/DeBruine/whatever had it all until her drugs scandal/fiasco/whatever.

Harrington has won the oldest Major back to back and just won two consecutive Majors but because Tiger Woods has been there, done that, alot of people don't realise just how huge that is. It's the same as if a random Irish tennis player had just won Wimbledon and then gone on to win the US Open.

As individual performances go, Harrington is sublime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

in fairness bar Keane, Giles and brady, how many fo our footballers could be considered "great"?

one.

Hey, which Irish people should I be looking for in the Olympics?

I haven't seen or heard any mentioned in the coverage here.

Also: USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! :)

umm The Rowers, maybe a boxer or two and a shotputter methinks. Ireland expect nothing from the current olympics.

GuanYin wrote: »
    one.

Who?

GuanYin wrote:
    Hey, which Irish people should I be looking for in the Olympics?

I haven't seen or heard any mentioned in the coverage here.

None. We are sh1t.

"Ireland........We only win when we're cheating ......... we only win when we're cheating......."

GuanYin wrote:

GTFO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I can't wait for the 100 metres final. I'm gonna cheer on Tyson Gay so loudly that he cannot fail to win. I'm gonna get so close to that TV set that that i'm almost going to be there on the track blowing behind his ears helping him be that 3/100 of a second faster than the other guys.

He seems like a lovely fella and he's got the loveliest big ole eyes you'll ever care to see.
    Here's an article about him on the bbc website. Nice guys finish first sometimes. Go Tyson!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/olympics/2008/08/gay_removes_flash_from_100m_da.html

Pighead wrote: »
    I can't wait for the 100 metres final. I'm gonna cheer on Tyson Gay so loudly that he cannot fail to win. I'm gonna get so close to that TV set that that i'm almost going to be there on the track blowing behind his ears helping him be that 3/100 of a second faster than the other guys.

He seems like a lovely fella and he's got the loveliest big ole eyes you'll ever care to see.
    Here's an article about him on the bbc website. Nice guys finish first sometimes. Go Tyson!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/olympics/2008/08/gay_removes_flash_from_100m_da.html

Im now cheering for him cos his name is the best name Ive ever heard. he cannot fail to win anyway, no gay tyson ever loses......wait.........

If i also do that to my TV will that make him go 6/100 faster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Mc Grath ?? is 1984 the year you were born Neil ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

If i also do that to my TV will that make him go 6/100 faster?
    It depends on whether or not your blowing is of an Olympic standard (no gay jokes allowed). If it's not then we're talking thousands of seconds which realistically won't be enough to make any difference to his finishing position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Yup.

I saw Ireland here in 1994 and McGrath was a fantastic defender, better than the Italians.

I forgot about him. Unfortunately when i think of Paul mcGrath the term "amazing footballer" isnt the 1st thing that comes to mind anymore. Ive seen him first hand. But yes, shameful, he's definitely a great player that we produced. himself an Moran were great.

Pighead wrote: »
    It depends on whether or not your blowing is of an Olympic standard (no gay jokes allowed). If it's not then we're talking thousands of seconds which realistically won't be enough to make any difference to his finishing position.

Well Ill probably be blowing to what would be considered a commonwealth standard, not quite good enough for the olympics. But my blowing would make the trials. But every little helps....

How can one make gay jokes about a man named Tyson Gay....his name is frickin Tyson! They should call him Iron Tyson Gay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

There are several more but it is getting close to being on topic and I would have to ban myself...

Yup.

I saw Ireland here in 1994 and McGrath was a fantastic defender, better than the Italians.

My dad was at that match, I remember it very well. That was his finest moment in a green shirt.

There are several more but it is getting close to being on topic and I would have to ban myself...

Nah keep goin, I wanna see a self ban, never seen one before! Is that even possible?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Let me get this right, you're all going to be blowing Gay Tyson?

Paul McGrath = God (with a flaw)

bohsman wrote: »
    Let me get this right, you're all going to be blowing Gay Tyson?

No no, we'll be blowing Iron Tyson Gay...get it right.

Paul McGrath = God (with a flaw)

He was a sensational player. My Dads always at me to read his book, must get round to it.

No no, we'll be blowing Iron Tyson Gay...get it right.

Ah, ok, count me in so.

Ah, ok, count me in so.

We can call ourseelves "Iron Tyson Gay-boys"!!!! :pac::pac:

CAnt believe the family arent calling themsleves Team Gay USA.

• Advertisement

If he competes in the relay they could rename the batton the "gay-bar"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Found this earlier -

Fans.jpg

:D

one.

booooooo!!!!!

Australia!:D

I saw some irish swimmer 2 days ago and boxer who won,also 2 days ago,thats all i noticed from irish folks so far

LOL Can just imagine the headlines........

Gay wins Olympic Gold

Team Gay USA are today celebrating the first Gay to win the 100m in the Olympics. "Iron" Tyson Gay beat off competition from athletes such as Asafa Powell to claim the gold in the Olmpic 100m.

Some would say this win puts him on the internation "Gay-dar"

When asked to comment on his win, Iron Tyson said: "It's good to be gay"

Right, this is ridiculous - sat here bored in work and nobody posting random drivel in here to keep at least 1 or 2 of my brain cells ticking over.

Des and Alan must have heads the size of small countries by now when they see how much this place is suffering without them.

Neil - you never do any work
    Xavi - You're a bollox for saying its your home time every time its my work time.
    Delija - talk some random stuff - normally a good source.

The rest of you - list out your top five choclate bars til we get this thing moving again.

Right, this is ridiculous - sat here bored in work and nobody posting random drivel in here to keep at least 1 or 2 of my brain cells ticking over.

Des and Alan must have heads the size of small countries by now when they see how much this place is suffering without them.

Neil - you never do any work
    Xavi - You're a bollox for saying its your home time every time its my work time.
    Delija - talk some random stuff - normally a good source.

The rest of you - list out your top five choclate bars til we get this thing moving again.

I have to take offence at that, Im doin my best to move this thread along on my lunch breaks! But I'm basically absent durin office hours until/if situation changes/boss goes out of office. See yesterday for example, slow as a bleedin tortoise. And i do work.........now ;)

Blame Xavi, he's still online but not posting! And you!! Why don't u start the random drivel more often?!

My 5 favourite chocolate bars are :

1. Moro
    2. Yorkie
    3. Galaxy
    4. Snickers
    5. Dairy Milk

Not sure about teh order there tbh.

Further proof that George Dubbya Bush does in fact abuse his powers.....

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

1.White Kitkat chunky
    2.Lion
    3.Galaxy
    4.Twix
    5.Bounty

But tbh I don't even eat chocolate. Once in a blue moon. Doesn't do much for me. I only get cravings for savoury stuff. To the deli for a stodgey sausage roll more likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Top 5 chocolate bars sounds like a topic you would see in the ladies lounge.

• Advertisement

Top 5 chocolate bars sounds like a topic you would see in the ladies lounge.

LOL, its on u, start a new topic!!

All this chocolate talk, i had to get a yorkie in the shop!

Well its a conversation I had with a bunch of lads from newcastle on my way up a glacier hike in New Zealand. We went through choc bars, crisps, dinners, sweets etc.

1. Kinder Bueno
    2. Galaxy Ripple
    3. Cadbury's Caramello
    4. Milkybar
    5. Choc Chip Tracker

The above are likely to change.
    Neil wrote:
    Why don't u start the random drivel more often?!

I just did.

I just did.

Hence the "more often"

LOL, its on u, start a new topic!!

All this chocolate talk, i had to get a yorkie in the shop!

I cant take the pressure of a new topic so I will post the latest news in my life.

We finally get an air conditioner in work on the day when its not one bit warm.
    Before anyone says why would you need an air conditioner in work, the heat in our office seems to triple once it gets a little warm outside. I have nearly passed out some mornings. Now they bloody decide to do something about it and its not even feckin needed.

Gets freezin in the winter so I know in about two weeks we will be asking for a heater in the office.

Must be one of the only offices not to have a proper heating/cooling system. Stupid old building.

Oh and since Paul McGrath was being talked about earlier. I work in Paul McGraths old orphanage.

I cant take the pressure of a new topic so I will post the latest news in my life.

We finally get an air conditioner in work on the day when its not one bit warm.
    Before anyone says why would you need an air conditioner in work, the heat in our office seems to triple once it gets a little warm outside. I have nearly passed out some mornings. Now they bloody decide to do something about it and its not even feckin needed.

Gets freezin in the winter so I know in about two weeks we will be asking for a heater in the office.

Must be one of the only offices not to have a proper heating/cooling system. Stupid old building.

Oh and since Paul McGrath was being talked about earlier. I work in Paul McGraths old orphanage.

My office is the exact same. Too hot or too cold.

To compound that the girls normally feel the opposite of the lads. Hence the daily converstation about the heat goes:

"Does anyone mind if I open a window, Im boilin here"

"Yea man, go ahead, Im roastin too"

"Im freezing"

"Yea me too, only open it a little bit please"

:rolleyes:

My office is the exact same. Too hot or too cold.

To compound that the girls normally feel the opposite of the lads. Hence the daily converstation about the heat goes:

"Does anyone mind if I open a window, Im boilin here"

"Yea man, go ahead, Im roastin too"

"Im freezing"

"Yea me too, only open it a little bit please"

:rolleyes:

At least you have girls in your office. Ours are all hidden away in other offices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Can anyone recommend a team name for a table quiz? Our old name was Kiss My Asphalt, if anyone needs some inspiration

Also, what order does everyone have their tv channels tuned in?(i'm talkin bout the 'pipe channels) Got a new tv in the house and the aul' fella has no interest in navigating the digibox.

At least you have girls in your office. Ours are all hidden away in other offices.

You're not missing anything!

There's nothing worse. Our manager insists on putting girls by the window which means when the crotch sweat gets to extreme levels and some air is required we are met with scorn when we go to open the windows more than an inch.

It lasts about 30 seconds before they close it again and shrug up like a survival instinct employed in Siberia.

Pain in the hole. The only plus is that's its too warm all year round - we only have heaters. They are turned off in the summer and then on full blast in the winter - only 2 settings, full off or full on. So year-round I sweat like a rapist.

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a team name for a table quiz? Our old name was Kiss My Asphalt, if anyone needs some inspiration

Also, what order does everyone have their tv channels tuned in?(i'm talkin bout the 'pipe channels) Got a new tv in the house and the aul' fella has no interest in navigating the digibox.
    Paddy Last we used to use in Australia because it worked on many levels.

Loses a little something at a table quiz in Ireland.

How about - "this is rigged anyways"

There's nothing worse. Our manager insists on putting girls by the window which means when the crotch sweat gets to extreme levels and some air is required we are met with scorn when we go to open the windows more than an inch.

It lasts about 30 seconds before they close it again and shrug up like a survival instinct employed in Siberia.

Pain in the hole. The only plus is that's its too warm all year round - we only have heaters. They are turned off in the summer and then on full blast in the winter - only 2 settings, full off or full on. So year-round I sweat like a rapist.

You too? What is it with women and the bloody cold?! I get that exact same exaggerated "Im freezing to death" routine here. Its ridiculous.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement