Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

You too? What is it with women and the bloody cold?! I get that exact same exaggerated "Im freezing to death" routine here. Its ridiculous.
    I've no idea - and let's just say the girl's in question here aren't exactly short of nature's insulation if you catch my drift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I've no idea - and let's just say the girl's in question here aren't exactly short of nature's insulation if you catch my drift.

The may have natures insulation but they probably have crap circulation which keeps the body warm. Plus there is more of them to keep warm.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

1)yorkie
    2)yorkie
    3)yorkie
    4)yorkie
    5)yorkie

A mans bar for a real man like me.:)

yorkiebarquotnotforgirljk2.jpg

Funny that.....its the exact same here....bar one. Strange. And funnier one of the lads here is literally skin and bone, one of the skinniest people I know, and he;s always moanin about the heat.....

Dub13 wrote: »
    1)yorkie
    2)yorkie
    3)yorkie
    4)yorkie
    5)yorkie

A mans bar for a real man like me.:)

yorkiebarquotnotforgirljk2.jpg

Just ate one...delish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Evening girls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Man, can't believe I made it to lunch without logging in. I'm proud of myself! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Just ate one...delish!

Yes they are great.What an add campaign so non PC.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Evening girls

maith an cailin, nice of u to join us! Afternoon dude, how was your day?!

Man, can't believe I made it to lunch without logging in. I'm proud of myself! :)

That is nothing to be proud of. You should be hanging your head in shame.

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote: »
    Yes they are great.What an add campaign so non PC.

If Pot Noodles were good Id add those to the list of "awesome un PC ad campaigns"...but they're ming so no.

Non PC anything FTW

maith an cailin, nice of u to join us! Afternoon dude, how was your day?!

Yeah not too bad. Just in the door from training. Only a light one though cause we've a quarter final tomorrow evening.

All good in the hood?

That is nothing to be proud of. You should be hanging your head in shame.

Nah. I love posting during work as much as the next guy, but I do like when I'm actually busy, makes the day go pretty fast.

Plus I've the next two days off, so it almost feels like friday :)

Yeah not too bad. Just in the door from training. Only a light one though cause we've a quarter final tomorrow evening.

All good in the hood?

Ah, I went to the gym last nite, 1st time liftin weights in Id say 3-4 months, legs are killin me today.

All good, back to work in a sec :( then up to the library later :( Life is good!

Cant stop listenin to that new Kings Of Leon tune, its awesome!

Right back to work, keep this thread movin lads!!

Adios amigos.

Nah. I love posting during work as much as the next guy, but I do like when I'm actually busy, makes the day go pretty fast.

Plus I've the next two days off, so it almost feels like friday :)

I think its safe to say we all hate you right now.

Best noodles ever are these

IndoMie%20Mi%20Goreng.jpg

I think its safe to say we all hate you right now.

Best noodles ever are these

IndoMie%20Mi%20Goreng.jpg
    Agreed. I love noodles. Lived on them for 4 months in Oz and I truely believe I am a lot better off for it.

Pot noodles are great too because only a kettle is needed. Them yokes require cutlery, storage device and either pot or microwave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Agreed. I love noodles. Lived on them for 4 months in Oz and I truely believe I am a lot better off for it.

Pot noodles are great too because only a kettle is needed. Them yokes require cutlery, storage device and either pot or microwave.

re-use your last pot-noodle pot imo

Pot yes, fork yes, storage I don't get?

Aren't pot noodles more expensive because of the packaging?
    ITT-Pat wrote: »
    re-use your last pot-noodle pot imo

Why I never thought of this I don't know. Although the noodles above were special, they deserved more than a kettle.

Pot yes, fork yes, storage I don't get?

Aren't pot noodles more expensive because of the packaging?

Why I never thought of this I don't know. Although the noodles above were special, they deserved more than a kettle.
    Storage as in if you prefer not to eat them from the pot then you would need a bowl, plate or other temporary storage device.

The pot of course, is an option.

• Advertisement

Storage as in if you prefer not to eat them from the pot then you would need a bowl, plate or other temporary storage device.

The pot of course, is an option.

The pot is not an option its the only option.

Who are you the queen with your bowl and plates.

I prefer platage. It comes from living with people who used to eat out of pots and me having to wait until they finished before I could start cooking.

Boss away!

Noodles are great, lived on them in Thailand, lost a load of weight! Put it back on now though! With interest!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

****ing hell. Noone told me Cork had a monsoon season.

Boss away!

Noodles are great, lived on them in Thailand, lost a load of weight! Put it back on now though! With interest!!

Jesus times must have been tough, not like actually food is expensive in Thailand.

Kold wrote: »

We like to pretend cork doesn't exist.

That God punishing you's for all that "PRC" and "real capital" drivel!! :pac::pac:

Jesus times must have been tough, not like actually food is expensive in Thailand.

Well overall i did eat some Western food but I was trying to take in the culture instead of going to Ireland in the sun.
    We like to pretend cork doesn't exist.

Whats this Cork place u speak of?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Lol, every time I mention Cork on this entire website, out come the same old jibes. Originality, doesn't seem to thrive in Dublin.

That God punishing you's for all that "PRC" and "real capital" drivel!! :pac::pac:

Well overall i did eat some Western food but I was trying to take in the culture instead of going to Ireland in the sun.

Whats this Cork place u speak of?!

Take in the culture yes. But no need to live off instant noodles. Lots of beautiful thai food, most of it found in the dirtiest back end restaurant.

Lol, every time I mention Cork on this entire website, out come the same old jibes. Originality, doesn't seem to thrive in Dublin.

QFT :D

QFT :D

Balls there is two of them.

Take in the culture yes. But no need to live off instant noodles. Lots of beautiful thai food, most of it found in the dirtiest back end restaurant.

Never said anything about instant.

Thai dishes are almost always served with noodles.

• Advertisement

any further suggestions on the table-quiz team name.....

Just got a text off my mate moaning about my going underground method of studying for my repeats. Honestly though, thats the only way I find. If I try and do my normal hobbies etc I get distracted and end up doind feck all study.

What do u guys do?!

I need to hide away from all distractions and think of not much else to be good at it tbh.

How bout an anagram of your name? "I'd tap Itt?" or somethin like that.

In the last one I was in, we called ourselves 'Gary Glitter's Vietnamese Delight'. Got a few laughs, but a bit outdated at this stage.
    Just got a text off my mate moaning about my going underground method of studying for my repeats. Honestly though, thats the only way I find. If I try and do my normal hobbies etc I get distracted and end up doind feck all study.

What do u guys do?!

I need to hide away from all distractions and think of not much else to be good at it tbh.

You need some balance or you'll drive yourself crazy. Especially with something as monotonous as accounting, I've been there!

Go for something controversial but humorous at the same time. Maybe topical as well.

'Joe Fritzl's Children' or something

Go for something controversial but humorous at the same time. Maybe topical as well.

Surely you should go with "Joe Fritzl's GRANDchildrens father?!

If you're going topical then be "Isaac Hayes' treadmill workout"
    You need some balance or you'll drive yourself crazy. Especially with something as monotonous as accounting, I've been there!

Yea my problem lies in

A) Exams in 5 weeks

B) only 1 1/2 weeks study leave

C) a lot of work to get done.

What do u guys do?!

I thinks it tougher for repeat exams as not everyone is doing them.

I was the same in my fourth year in college. Was doing 9-10 days in college monday to thursday, 9-5 friday, 6-10 work friday night, work all weekend (9-6, 11-6). Only ever managed to get out the door once a week. It was like that pretty much September - May. Sometimes it's gotta be done.

I agree, topical is the way to go.

How about "Morgan Freeman's Driving Lessons"?
    If you're going topical then be "Isaac Hayes' treadmill workout"
    Lolocaust tbh! :eek: :)

Yea my problem lies in

A) Exams in 5 weeks

B) only 1 1/2 weeks study leave

C) a lot of work to get done.

Ouch. I still maintain that living like a hermit during exams isn't healthy though. My friends would be staying in the library until 10 and getting up the next morning for another round of it. Counter-productive IMO.

Although I can see you've an extra predicament with work. Didn't they give you any time off?

I agree, topical is the way to go.

How about "Morgan Freeman's Driving Lessons"?

Lolocaust tbh! :eek: :)

Ouch. I still maintain that living like a hermit during exams isn't healthy though. My friends would be staying in the library until 10 and getting up the next morning for another round of it. Counter-productive IMO.

Although I can see you've an extra predicament with work. Didn't they give you any time off?

Only a week and a half off so I have no choice but to study every waking moment tbh. I did a huge amount on sat and couldnt function on sunday tho, u do need outs. Match of the Day ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Balls there is two of them.

It is fukin ridiculous though, every time i look out the window its raining. Had great plans of using my unemployed time to do stuff :(

Neil, im like the anti-you, sittin on my hole all day doin' nought. Fair fuks to ya, putting in shifts like that!

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Neil, im like the anti-you, sittin on my hole all day doin' nought. Fair fuks to ya, putting in shifts like that!

Tbh doin exactly that is what has gotten me my current postcount and brought me to my repeat exams!! :)

Paying for my past laziness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

We won 50 quid the other day in a table quiz for best name... We went with 'What do gingers miss most about parties? The invitation....' It was savvy, because we had 2 gingers on our team, which makes it ok... :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

just watching SSN, Terry on live at some ref conference thing saying he's looking forward to having a new relationship with refs and being all nice and not overstepping the mark anymore. I give it a week before he's screaming in someone's face.

Dangerously on-topic there...

So, who likes short shorts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

What you think about world's economy at the moment??

P.S:Who said i am posting random subjects in here?:pac::pac::pac:

I think we have a winner

Joe Fritzl's bargain basement.

Joe Fritzl's bargain basement.

Why oh why do people try improve a perfectly a good joke.

10 mins until the end of work!! Then its off to the library for me tonight. Goin to a gig tomorrow so gotta go hell for leather tonight to make up for it.

Wats everyones plans?!

10 mins until the end of work!! Then its off to the library for me tonight. Goin to a gig tomorrow so gotta go hell for leather tonight to make up for it.

Wats everyones plans?!

Gym for the first time in three weeks. Not gonna be nice.

• Advertisement

gonna make it 5 on the spin in the table quiz

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement