Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

Those translations are usually clear as mud!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Those translations are usually clear as mud!

+19384:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

If i tried to put a computer together myself Id probably make a barn, and a fine one at that.

Damn office blocking youtube :(

Im assuming its in reference to "Tis a fine barn, tis no pool"

EDIT: Came home and watched it, excellent stuff!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Dangerously on topic.

Have ye all signed up for fantasy football and I Know The Score?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

So I've made it, 10,000 posts on boards.ie and no better place to post the milestone comment.

Thanks to all for putting up with my rants and general nonsensical comments. Great bunch of lads around there parts and some great craic to be had so here's to the next 10,000!!!

Yay and Nay.

Fantasy football will probably be similar to last year, ie itll sit untouched most of the year. Never understand my mates who spend half their week on it tbh.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    So I've made it, 10,000 posts on boards.ie and no better place to post the milestone comment.

Thanks to all for putting up with my rants and general nonsensical comments. Great bunch of lads around there parts and some great craic to be had so here's to the next 10,000!!!

Let me be first to say congratulations!! Im approachin 4000 so ill make that one here to!! And fair play for postin it here!!

Is there an Off Topic league set up on it?

• Advertisement

Good one Xavi,delija is approaching to 4000th fast as hell:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Fantasy yes, know the score no.
    The reason I haven't done the know your score one is the fact you cant miss a week. At least in the fantasy if you miss a week you still have your team picked. Anyway too on-topic.

Congrats Xavi ya post whore

The reason I haven't done the know your score one is the fact you cant miss a week. At least in the fantasy if you miss a week you still have your team picked. Anyway too on-topic.

Whats the OT code?

I never knew you had two accounts Neil.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthrea...8#post56890318

LOL!! Needed the feeback ya know!

Funny that the OP is "recently single" considering Im the anti relationship guy!!

You can predict the scores for as long into the future as you like. I could do the whole season now if I wanted. If you knew you were going to be away for a week or two you can predict a couple of weeks ahead.

Whats the OT code?

Don't think there is an off topic league. Could be an idea though. Must a minimum of 20 posts in this thread before being allowed join.
    You can predict the scores for as long into the future as you like. I could do the whole season now if I wanted. If you knew you were going to be away for a week or two you can predict a couple of weeks ahead.

Still seems like too much effort. I never do good in those things, and unfortunately I am really bad loser.

EDIT: Actually on second thoughts doesn't having an off-topic league defeat the purpose of an off-topic thread.

• Advertisement

Don't think there is an off topic league. Could be an idea though. Must a minimum of 20 posts in this thread before being allowed join.

I just set one up, PM me for the code! Or will i post it?

EDIT: Actually on second thoughts doesn't having an off-topic league defeat the purpose of an off-topic thread.

Em, how?

Ill set one up, PM me for the code! Or will i post it?

See my edit first.
    Em, how?

As it could introduce a lot of on topic talk.

See my edit first.

As it could introduce a lot of on topic talk.

thats what the message board/forum on the league page is for!

Set it up there, PM for code.

Okay lads, like I said, its set up there, couldn't fit "Boards soccer Off topic League" or anything like that so its called the "League of Gentlemen". PM for code. When do we think we should stop taking people into it?

Keep on-topic chat on the forum on the league, ill leave it open so we dont get ourselves banned for on topic chat here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Still seems like too much effort. I never do good in those things, and unfortunately I am really bad loser.

It has been changed this year. Now instead of losing lives, it will fill in the scores automatically based on the league table that week for up to 3 missed weeks. And no more points deductions for missed weeks

Okay lads, like I said, its set up there, couldn't fit "Boards soccer Off topic League" or anything like that so its called the "League of Gentlemen". PM for code. When do we think we should stop taking people into it?

I would say base it on post-count within this thread. It's easily checked we just need to agree a figure. Then nobody should give out the code to anyone under the post figure.

I would say base it on post-count within this thread. It's easily checked we just need to agree a figure. Then nobody should give out the code to anyone under the post figure.

I PM'd Al, Des and charlie, our 3 resident bannees who are regulars here, giving them the code so they can join if they want, other than that i dont really mind, 20 posts sounds fine, just to keep away the messers!!

Good work Neil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I reckon we'll have a good few in this league. There must be at least 20 regular(ish) posters so it should make for a good comp. Although hopefully not too serious.. I have a feeling my team is going to fail badly.

Woo-fcuking-whoo, it's hometime. Long busy day. Thank god it's thursday..

I know its Weds, but don't wreck my buzz.. I actually though it was Thursday earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

apologies for being slightly on-topic, but this was one the funnier remarks i've seen on this board in a while

Evenin kids, how we all doin tonight?!

PM me the code for the league will ya?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

yes yes me too:cool:

Xavi6 wrote:

Done

and

yes yes me too:cool:

Done! :cool:

• Advertisement

Morning folks. Lovely day out today pity it won't last.

How did the unmentionable gig go last night Neil.

They were some noises feckers I tell ya. Oh and did the keep replaying some instruction piece over and over again at the end of the gig.

Morning folks. Lovely day out today pity it won't last.

How did the unmentionable gig go last night Neil.

They were some noises feckers I tell ya. Oh and did the keep replaying some instruction piece over and over again at the end of the gig.

Lovely day for a change!!

Had an enjoyable evening in listening to my stereo...slept well!! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Hey could you send me the code for the FF League too Neil?

Thought I was seeing things this morning when I woke up to see the sun shining! :)

Lovely day for a change!!

Had an enjoyable evening in listening to my stereo...slept well!! :cool:

Tis nice alright, but looks like its going to be a rain filled weekend. Thats what I hate about Irish not the fact that it rains a lot or its cold, its the fact it cant be predicted more than a day in advance and makes it impossible to plan anything.

Just stoppin in to say the Mr. Alan is an absolute legend...he knows why. Thats done!

PS Al, sign into ur account, I sent ya a PM yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Just stoppin in to say the Mr. Alan is an absolute legend...he knows why. Thats done!

PS Al, sign into ur account, I sent ya a PM yesterday.

Come on Neil, we need more info than that... Pics or GTFO..

ibh wrote: »

I know he can't tease with that little bit of info and then just wonder off. Damn you Neil.

ibh wrote: »

I would but I cant, tis aganst the rules around here! :)

I know he can't tease with that little bit of info and then just wonder off. Damn you Neil.

I dont have credit to text him back but I know he lurks here so thankin him here! Thats all!

• Advertisement

Jesus I am knackered today, didnt get asleep till 2.15 last nite, up at 7. Gotta go home and study so me thinks 2 hours is enough, go yogging for about 20 mins and then be in bed all goin well by 10 o clock.

Strugglin my way through todays shift, and I shouldnt be, boss is out sick so have access to boards all day :)

Well I've entered the fantasy league so you're all fecked now! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I have spent all day on boards....gonna get me in trouble.

You weirdos....:pac:

I thought I would tell you all that I am off tomorrow. I am very happy about this fact and intend to do as little as possible for the entire day in order to make it go slow and last.

Tomorrow night features a work do at the local race track. Already there is girl-talk of dresses/skirts vs jeans and the dresses/skirts corner is in the lead. I am also very happy about this fact.

Viva la Fridays.

I thought I would tell you all that I am off tomorrow. I am very happy about this fact and intend to do as little as possible for the entire day in order to make it go slow and last.

Unfortunately good time passes always so fast:(

Enjoy it and i look forward for some stories after it to hear:D

• Advertisement

Well I've entered the fantasy league so you're all fecked now! :pac:

Not if I suspend u from the league we're not!! :P:pac:

Gonna have to try and actually try this time. Last year i went 14 consecutive weeks without touching my team!

EDIT: This thread only has a 3.89 rating....WTF

Not if I suspend u from the league we're not!! :P:pac:

Gonna have to try and actually try this time. Last year i went 14 consecutive weeks without touching my team!

EDIT: This thread only has a 3.89 rating....WTF

Now 3.74 thanks to my vote.

Now 3.74 thanks to my vote.

Poor form :(

Poor form :(

Had to be done.

How do you see the rating?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement