Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Now 3.74 thanks to my vote.
    You seem to have a hankering for busting chops. Good work.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    How do you see the rating?

Hold the cursor over the star rating at the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

You seem to have a hankering for busting chops. Good work.

Nothing like a good chop bust.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

And how you vote on thread?

And how you vote on thread?

Click on rating then click the option for "5 stars" and then "vote"

Nothing like a good chop bust.

Damn right in fairness! Still, this thread is the best thread on boards, should have 5 stars!

Click on rating then click the option for "5 stars" and then "vote"

Who said i am gonna select 5 stars?:P

Who said i am gonna select 5 stars?:P

I did!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

well since you voted its went to 3.91

I did!

Yes sir....:(

• Advertisement

well since yo voted its wemt to 3.91

;):cool:

I also voted just now.

It seems we have elections today:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Me too. It deserves 5 stars for getting me through work.

Feckin hell this weather is schizo. I decided to be a lazy bastard and drive to the gym even though it was sunny out. When I finished up I nearly drowned trying to get back to the car. All kitted out in my shorts and t-shirt.

And knowing us being a bunch of "change is bad" paddies most of us will vote no.

As for the weather - I've been given new cause to care. We have quite a sizeable garden who's lawn needs mowing once a week. Normally my Dad did it but he's getting old now and needs to settle after a wee health scare so I've been doing it each week. It's about a 2 and a half hour job so no mean feat, so far I've managed it every weekend in 5 weeks, somehow and I will not do it when wet.

So somehow, we have had minimum 6 hours sunshine per weekend since June if you include a couple of hours minimum for it to dry out enough to be cut and then the time it takes me to cut it.

Doesn't feel like it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

As for the weather - I've been given new cause to care. We have quite a sizeable garden needing who's lawn needs mowing once a week. Normally my Dad did it but he's getting old now and needs to settle after a wee scare so I've been doing it each week. It's about a 2 and a half hour job so no mean feat, so far I've managed it every weekend in 5 weeks, somehow and I will not do it when wet.

So somehow, we have had minimum 6 hours sunshine per weekend since June if you include a couple of hours minimum for it to dry out enough to be cut and then the time it takes me to cut it.

2 words to sort out all your grass cutting needs..

Readymix Concrete.;)

Dont make me to start talking about weather again,its bloody 40 today here:(

And knowing us being a bunch of "change is bad" paddies most of us will vote no.

That'd be typical Irish alrite!

• Advertisement

ibh wrote: »
    2 words to sort out all your grass cutting needs..

Readymix Concrete.;)
    Aw man you have no idea. I wish. Tarmac all the way if I could - or a tennis court type surface for me to kick ball on. It's a bastard. And it takes me that long not due to sheer size but for the amount of trees and bushes and **** I have to mow around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

pay a dog to ruin said trees and bushes

The trees include 100 year old chestnuts and sycamores. 'twould take some dog.

well tbh, if the dog has the intellegence to understand monetary value, i dont think he'll have much of a problem with them

Fair point. But I could be paying in dog food.

ah he wouldnt do it for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

As for the weather - I've been given new cause to care. We have quite a sizeable garden who's lawn needs mowing once a week. Normally my Dad did it but he's getting old now and needs to settle after a wee health scare so I've been doing it each week. It's about a 2 and a half hour job so no mean feat, so far I've managed it every weekend in 5 weeks, somehow and I will not do it when wet.

Similar here. (Except my dad is a lazy shoite ;))

However, this week was the first week I had to mow it while it was soaking wet thus clogging up our crap mower every couple of minutes. :( That cement idea sounds so good.

I just watched Into the Wild again and got reminded of this one by Eddie Vedder (or at least his version of it):

hey does anyone know if during a driving test you should have your BACK 'L' plate on the passenger side or the drivers side? or does it matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Hero Of College

Who took the video down???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Who took the video down???

The mods. This thread is for OFF topic chat.

Speaking of which, are we going to have some friendly bets on the Fantasy Football? I lookforward to kicking Xavi's butt!

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    hey does anyone know if during a driving test you should have your BACK 'L' plate on the passenger side or the drivers side? or does it matter?
    I'd have said drivers, top corner of screen so that it isn't interfering with line of sight.

That's a guess though.

Are you taking the test, or someone you know? Either way, G'luck.
    GuanYin wrote:
    Speaking of which, are we going to have some friendly bets on the Fantasy Football? I lookforward to kicking Xavi's butt!

Ever since working for a bookie I will never bet again - there's a reason the owner showed up in a Range Rover Sport each day. Mug's game.

But I'm all on for you kickin Xavi's butt. Him and his 7 hours ahead. Finishin work when I start. mumble grumble, why I oughta, mumble grumble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yeah gotta love this seven hours. My Friday's already an hour over.

Just think, I'll be suppin pints down the local before you even get to lunch.

GuanYin wrote: »

R u gonna join the OT Fantasy league?? If Xavi is too far ahead i plan on suspending him!! :P

I just hope you're all hungry cause my dust is delicious.

Yeah gotta love this seven hours. My Friday's already an hour over.

Just think, I'll be suppin pints down the local before you even get to lunch.

On the flipside your weekend will be over while ours is still goin!! ;)

I just hope you're all hungry cause my dust is delicious.

setting yourself up for the plunge!!! This is only my second ever season of FF, last year i was teething, this year im gonna kick ass!!

Also lads there's a Champions League FF on uefa.com, anyone interested in doin one of those too? i did it last year, its good craic!

On the flipside your weekend will be over while ours is still goin!! ;)

Nah I'll still be up watching City/Villa!
    setting yourself up for the plunge!!! This is only my second ever season of FF, last year i was teething, this year im gonna kick ass!!

Feckin amateurs. You'll soon be put in your place.
    Also lads there's a Champions League FF on uefa.com, anyone interested in doin one of those too? i did it last year, its good craic!

I usually do it but end up losing interest after the second gameweek. It is good gettin to pick Xavi as captain every week though.

Xavi6 wrote:
    Nah I'll still be up watching City/Villa!

Meh, based on last night u may be an unhappy man, either way...lose!!

Xavi6 wrote:
    Feckin amateurs. You'll soon be put in your place.

Remember....susupension looms!! :P

Xavi6 wrote:
    I usually do it but end up losing interest after the second gameweek. It is good gettin to pick Xavi as captain every week though.

All the more reason so!! I nearly won my work one last year, Ironically it was the CL Final that fecked me over :(

On a sidenote....Tyson Gay....into the nxt round of the Olympics!

I've no doubt City will lose. Anyway, less of the on topic stuff.

On a positive note I've just booked a nice little holiday for myself in June 09. Heading to the South Pacific island of Vanuatu for a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

morning gents O/

Too much on topic chat lads.

Anyway its FRIIIIIIIIIDAY, thank god. It has been a long slow week.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    morning gents O/

Ban him, ban him.

Only joking morning al.*

*may not be joking at all.

morning gents O/

Mornin Al

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I just spilt a ****ing bottle of water all over my desk :( ****ing ******* day is already starting to go pear shaped :(

morning gents O/

Welcome back dude:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I just spilt a ****ing bottle of water all over my desk :( ****ing ******* day is already starting to go pear shaped :(

Cheer up, it's Friday! :)

Cheer up Al, the working week is done.........oh wait now...! :p

Cheer up Al, the working week is done.........oh wait now...! :p

I vote this guy get banned every friday for few hours till work shifts in Ireland are over

Reason:constantly teasing people

:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

I'd have said drivers, top corner of screen so that it isn't interfering with line of sight.

That's a guess though.

Are you taking the test, or someone you know? Either way, G'luck.

Yeah i passed it this morning. I didnt trust you're advice so i just took down the L plates altogether

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement