Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    Yeah i passed it this morning. I didnt trust you're advice so i just took down the L plates altogether

Congrats!

But wait, you were allowed to do the test without plates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Congrats on the test Pat. I passed mine over here last month. Such a relief!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

yeah it was grand, had a few beers in the car too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

yeah it was grand, had a few beers in the car too ;)

Nothin' like a few beers to break the tension eh!!!!
    Congrats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Nothin' like a few beers to break the tension eh!!!!
    Congrats!

Well I have Pizza and beer for lunch on a friday so why not.. I hope you offered the tester a cold one. It'd be just bad manners not to.

• Advertisement

Yeah i hate bad manners so i offered her one, but she turned it down........ story of my life:o

Yeah i hate bad manners so i offered her one, but she turned it down........ story of my life:o

So you forced her then.......:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Just back from my vacation in San Francisco.

Was it as horrible as you were predicting? :)

He's been Americanised

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

He's been Americanised

get him.......

Cut me some slack, I had education for two years in the place I obviously will have some phrases.

Ha well it was actually very enjoyable. San Francisco was good, better than I predicted but not like amazing. At the end of the day its just a city, but I went to this amazing fast food place on Fisherman's warf...holy **** that cheeseburger was quality.

Americans I must say are pretty nice.....although for some of the trip I was basically in Mexico....well at least it would seem.

Met one cool Irish american guy with such a great story to tell...he asked me for a smoke and me and me ma got into a conversation with him on the bus....a legend really. He also complimented me....he didn't know whether to ask me cause he doubted I smoked due to my physique...I blushed. ABout 24...a failure...but a spectacular failure.

Stayed out for the first days in Alameda where I used to live...then went to Santa Cruz...and then stayed in SF for 2 nights(weather was much nicer the last two days)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Yo esteban,welcome back,you cant imagine how people here missed you last days:D

And i have a question,what kind of league for predictions Neil1984 was talkg about,i am interested into it if its about english premiership

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

And i have a question,what kind of league for predictions Neil1984 was talkg about,i am interested into it if its about english premiership

Sorry that is a new thread should be an old one around hang on.

Hmm cant find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Pat, fairplay on passing your test. Did you use Tony the instructor up in tallaght?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

good morning (yeah i know its 2.20)

congrats on your test Pat, Welcome back Al and welcome back Estie too glad to hear you werent misrerable on your Holiday. Went to America myself as an 18 year old and it was great, I was a bad infleunce too on my older cousins who werent allowed drink as it was my 18th bday when I was there and I was getting langerd despite their laws.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Hello all. I'm off today. But so far I have cut the grass, pieced together a new HDTV and stand for the oul lad and moved a 32" CRT tv out of the way all my own. My back is now broken. See you after 6 months of physio.

Okay lads, last chance before the season starts, window closes in the mornin for Gameweek 1 so tryin to get all aboard now for the fantasy league for the OT thread. PM me for the code. Ill be back online tonight so will wb to anyone then. Need 20 posts min in this thread to join it.

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Pat, fairplay on passing your test. Did you use Tony the instructor up in tallaght?

I already had a few lessons booked with ISM but my last one with Tony to iron out and remaining flaws...... he lets you away with nothin!

• Advertisement

Woah I must've missed when that was set up (haven't been around a computer much last two days).

PM on the way!

Edit: Never mind Neil, got the code. Cheers Alan M.

Haha soundd no worries, as long as ur in!!

Lads when will I close it off, after this week or give it another week for latecomers to join?

Give it another week I'd say, we're slightly thin on numbers.

Does Des know about this? He played FF last season I think, and he probably hasn't read about the league because he's still banned.

Also, anyone else notice this thread has been a bit of a trend-setter? I've seen them on a couple of other forums now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Doesn't matter when you close off, I'm still gonna destroy you all!

Give it another week I'd say, we're slightly thin on numbers.

Does Des know about this? He played FF last season I think, and he probably hasn't read about the league because he's still banned.

Also, anyone else notice this thread has been a bit of a trend-setter? I've seen them on a couple of other forums now!

Yea good call.

I already PM'd Des aboout it.

Yea but this one is an epic win!! Its the best thread on the website!

Xavi6 wrote:
    Doesn't matter when you close off, I'm still gonna destroy you all!

Finger lingers perilously close to the suspend button beside Xavis real name!! :pac:

For any Metallica heads in here, this is their new song. I didnt like it that much first time but its a grower.

EDIT, sorry this vid has way better sound, taken off the soundboard.

Dont mean to cause a stir or anything, but the poker forum has had one for a couple of years *hides*

Just came home after 8 hours work,i am tired and melting coz of heat:(
    Please someone put few beers in frige to make them very cold
    Woohoo,i just see Serbia finally started winning some medals on olympics!!

Just came home after 8 hours work,i am tired and melting coz of heat:(
    Please someone put few beers in frige to make them very cold
    Woohoo,i just see Serbia finally started winning some medals on olympics!!

Del, i wouldn't complain about the heat to anyone from Ireland at the moment. We have had terrible weather and it is going to rain all weekend.!!!

I probably don't even need a fridge at the moment to keep my beer cold. Just leave it outside..:pac:

• Advertisement

Dont mean to cause a stir or anything, but the poker forum has had one for a couple of years *hides*

Really? Aw. Thought we were the originals.

Tyson Gay is out of the Olympics...finished 5th in his heat. Pighead Im gutted! Now Im up for Usain Bolt!

ibh wrote: »
    Del, i wouldn't complain about the heat to anyone from Ireland at the moment. We have had terrible weather and it is going to rain all weekend.!!!

I probably don't even need a fridge at the moment to keep my beer cold. Just leave it outside..:pac:

Rain precious rain!!!

Natural frige? What a cool idea,i must get one for myself:pac:

Tyson Gay is out of the Olympics...finished 5th in his heat. Pighead Im gutted! Now Im up for Usain Bolt!

Gay is out??!? WTF??:eek:

OMG i saw that Bolt guy today,what the hell is wrong with him,he is not from this planet!!!:eek:

Agggghhhh. This fcukin' sh!tty rain is fcukin' up my braodband connection. Tryin' to watch the fcukin' Liverpool game and have a few fcukin' beers :mad::mad:

Agggghhhh. This fcukin' sh!tty rain is fcukin' up my braodband connection. Tryin' to watch the fcukin' Liverpool game and have a few fcukin' beers :mad::mad:

I think when you see the result of the game you wont be angry so much anymore:)

• Advertisement

I think when you see the result of the game you wont be angry so much anymore:)

Yeah, got the last 15/20 mins of it, am pished now trying to watch th ewomens marathon, go on Radcliffe, got me last tenner on pp at 8-1.

Oh and all this sh!t on match threads and super threads :confused::confused:

Eh,marathon...our girl gave up at middle of the race,Romanian girl wins??!Sheesh....What happened with Africa?.....

As long as Paula bloody Radcliffe didnt win I was happy!!

As long as Paula bloody Radcliffe didnt win I was happy!!

Why?

Why?

I find her incredibly annoying and pretentious.

• Advertisement

I am always pissed when i see her and that face "OMG i am under attack of some infernal ghost and now he posses me"

The League of Gentlemen are the 10th highest league in FF, while the smelly main forum are all the way down in 11th spot. GET IN!

The League of Gentlemen are the 10th highest league in FF, while the smelly main forum are all the way down in 11th spot. GET IN!

I still dont get what are you guys talking about:confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I still dont get what are you guys talking about:confused:

welcome to our world:P

only joking its the fantasy football, The Off Topic thread contributors have their own league its called "The league of Gentlemen"

welcome to our world:P

only joking its the fantasy football, The Off Topic thread contributors have their own league its called "The league of Gentlemen"

Where is it located?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Morning men.

Yo!

How is it going in Romania?

**** didn't sleep last night agus ta se ag fliuch amach as an teach...ta uaigness an domhain orm ach beidh an baisti ag criochnaigh i ndeireadh an lae......

c1 in pass irish FYI...

Well well,so where are you bastid,you think you are important now when you were in USA so you wont talk to mortal anymore?:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement