Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

*he went back to Croatia to live, he said he might be back though:rolleyes:

He is actually croatian? Eh dont be sad,i am serbian,croatian neighbour,we even speak same language:D

You have us so its gonna be easier for you,friends come and go,dont be sad,those exams are worth of being worry so get bloody book and do them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

He is actually croatian? Eh dont be sad,i am serbian,croatian neighbour,we even speak same language:D

You have us so its gonna be easier for you,friends come and go,dont be sad,those exams are worth of being worry so get bloody book and do them

:eek:

:(

Oh and Ireland won its first medal...:D

What an awful sporting country we are...ah but sure didn't we try.

C'mon Paul Hession.

Really??!?!?!?! Which sport?????

Congratulations Ireland:)

:eek:

:(

Are you trying to offend your boards friends?:D

Bleedin' boxing.

Are you trying to offend your boards friends?:D

Not trying Delija....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

estie.

you are strange.

.....real stange.

*Quote from a show*

its the stupidest show ever they show like three strange things per show, and at the end of each segment the narrator says 'strange....real strange'

Its so cheesey and half the time its not strange at all.

Bleedin' boxing.

Nice,i heard thats the only sport you are hoping to get medal in
    Not trying Delija....

Dont be rude young man:eek:
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    estie.

you are strange.

I agree

Mr Alan hows the band going?

Oh and I must say the jobs advice is really good lads, keep it up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

going alright, met with a couple of producers/sound engineers down in a lovely studio in offaly on saturday morning. having a think over our next course of action, i'll be sure to send you cd when its made estie :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Estie try and get a bar job, its the one job you can always get no matter where you are once you have some experience. it'l stand you in good sted for the future I.e you go away to College and need extra money, im an experience bar man hire me... or you travel America for 3months or something, they will jump aty the chance to hire an Irish barman and you will rake in the tips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Oh and I must say the jobs advice is really good lads, keep it up?

Ah you're too young to be working, don't worry about it.

Estie try and get a bar job

Dont you think thats risky,i think that wouldnt end good if i see how desperate he can be,like today for example

he risks to finish that job with paying some money to bar owner and not oposite

:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Afternoon all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Night all. Need a solid sleep tonight to prepare myself for Death Cab For Cutie tomorrow night. Can't feckin wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Esteban I remember you posting stuff on the LC forum freaking about something to do with geography a year and a bit ago.. :p

People change decisions and our estie realised its easier to work part time and be a rebel than to go to uni and study some sh!te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Indeed, he's all grown up! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Have ye all seen this - hit the nail on the head for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Blahhhhh.....Amsterdam on Friday.....
    Cannot freaking wait!!!!

Haha i was watching Spain-Croatia basketball when commentator said Gasol's gf is from Serbia...it seems even Gasol realised where to look for the gf:D

Slow in here today. Neil's on study leave or something yes?

Anyone made any plans for the weekend yet - the rain is that depressing I've found myself planning weekends on Tuesday to give a ray of light in this otherwise dark, dank summer we've had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Slow in here today. Neil's on study leave or something yes?

Anyone made any plans for the weekend yet - the rain is that depressing I've found myself planning weekends on Tuesday to give a ray of light in this otherwise dark, dank summer we've had.
    Very slow.

Off to Galway for dinner and afew scoops Saturday night. Heading to Kent next weekend for a big session so thats something to look forward to.

Man this morning is dragging on, roll on 4pm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Seems like the feedback thread has taken peoples focus from the Off-Topic thread.

• Advertisement

Im off for a game of tennis in an hour, then dropping off cv's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I prefer Wine Pastilles to Fruit Pastilles. They're both technically the same, but the Wine Pastilles seem to have more character

monkey9 wrote: »
    I prefer Wine Pastilles to Fruit Pastilles. They're both technically the same, but the Wine Pastilles seem to have more character

What the hell are wine pastilles?

What the hell are wine pastilles?

The same as fruit pastilles really, but whereas fruit pastilles are made by Rowntree, i think the wine ones are from a different company.

Are they like maynards wine gums dipped in sugar?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

then dropping off cv's.

I'll race you to a job estie.

I'm unemployed at the moment too.

I was over in the dole office today, making a claim.

I was in Australia in 2006, and so don't have enough stamps to sign on the dole, the bastards.

Should have seen the queue there though...at least sixty people signing on.

It was like watching Reeling In The Years from 1986 or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

The same as fruit pastilles really, but whereas fruit pastilles are made by Rowntree, i think the wine ones are from a different company.

Aren't they a pastillised version of Wine Gums??

By the way, they haven't a fcuking patch on Fruit Pastilles. Too soggy.

I especially love the bags of Fruit Pastilles cause the Green, Red and Black ones are bigger.

I was at the dntist this morning for the first 2 of 6 fillings.. I wonder why?????

Jaysus Des. I was away all of '07 and came home in January - got my first dole payment two weeks later.

Did you go for the full benefit or the assistance? Easier to get the assistance afaik

LOL...I laughed Desmondo. You should work with me in Abrekedabra or get a job in Lifestyle sports..

Were there any Africans signing up?

Are they like those american hard gums?

Are they like maynards wine gums dipped in sugar?

Maynards, that's the one. Yeah, those ones. I've become addicted to them lately. I have such a craving for them. I hope i'm not pregnant. That'd be terrible. I mean, i'm sure i'd love the child, but i don't feel i'm ready quite yet. That and the fact i'm a bloke!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Des wrote: »
    I'll race you to a job estie.

I'm unemployed at the moment too.

I was over in the dole office today, making a claim.

I was in Australia in 2006, and so don't have enough stamps to sign on the dole, the bastards.

Should have seen the queue there though...at least sixty people signing on.

It was like watching Reeling In The Years from 1986 or something.

They must be sh!tting you Des. I finished Uni in 05, worked till January then went to Australia and I was eligible for dole when i arrived home 1 year later.. I had on'y had part time jobs when at college so i doubt i had that many stamps built up?

By the way the solution is in Australia. They want workers, you want job. Easy..

Would never EVER move to Australia.

LOL...I laughed Desmondo. You should work with me in Abrekedabra or get a job in Lifestyle sports..

Were there any Africans signing up?

Jaysus, you're obsessed with coloured people today.

Why?

• Advertisement

Would go tomorrow if I could. Tomorrow. Gone, forgotten, see ya. And would never look back.

Clean cities, great weather, nice people, JOBS.

I like Irish people, but if I could blast Ireland south of the equator I would. We are a victim of our geographical location.

ibh wrote: »
    By the way the solution is in Australia. They want workers, you want job. Easy..

I don't qualify to go (back) to Australia.

Also, I don't think IB would be too happy if I upped and left.

Yeah, I was able to claim when i got back hme in '06 too, but they work the claims out on stamps paid TWO YEARS ago, which is a bid ridiculous, imo. I'm back over 2 years now, and have worked ever since I've been back.

It's not as if I've been laying about either, I've had interviews, and even have a few more lined up next week.

Bastarding government.

I like Irish people, but if I could blast Ireland south of the equator I would. We are a victim of our geographical location.

Plenty of Irish in oz. :)

Plenty of Irish in oz. :)

Mostly culchies in Irish bars standing on tables in gah jersies belting out "Irish Rover" or some other diddly-eye shíte.

yeah but none of my family, friends or general life is in OZ. i always think of this, I wish ireland just decided to pack up and leave to south of the equator.

I don't like the weather AT ALL, but I can live with rain I couldn't live without the people around me...quite emotional for Off topic thread

Im off for a game of tennis in an hour, then dropping off cv's.

If you are good come to Serbia

I am awful, although I was ok when I was about 12. The game never happened with the rain, have to wait for tommorow. I haven't actually moved since I came back from VACATION.

Just doing exercises with the banisters in my attic. COULD SOUND WRONG.

Go away than:D

• Advertisement

The game never happened with the rain,

What rain :confused:

'tis sunny over here on the North Side.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement