Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dub13 wrote: »
    LOL....I know and the CMod is from Bray plus another Soccer mod so we will have to be careful.
    It's a bleedin' Wickla invasion ffs.
    irishbird wrote: »
    DESMOND, why are you not sticking up for me :mad:

I am deary.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

So IB do Bray folk call themselves Dubs...?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

LOL....I know and the CMod is from Bray plus another Soccer mod so we will have to be careful.

who is the C-mod ? and do i know them ?

Des wrote: »
    It's a bleedin' Wickla invasion ffs.

Us Northsiders will keep them quite.

Post reported for personal abuse

Wannabes tbh.

You should hear the accent on IB when she's in Dublin, and the difference when she's in Wickla.

Embarrassing isn't the word for it. :pac:
    who is the C-mod ? and do i know them ?

RuggieBear is the CMod.

Do you know him? He's big and furry. Lives in a big blue house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

you know well, that i am from Bray

i actually didnt. sorry. obviously i was jokin.
    Er no, but IB is.

didnt know.

just did a little jump onto facebook and i was most definately mistaken in my initial assumption and i apologise, IB if this comes to pass.......
    I don't qualify to go (back) to Australia.

Also, I don't think IB would be too happy if I upped and left.

.....gimme a shout ;)

Well, young Desmond, if that's how you feel i shall be going out to Bray by myself on saturday night

now good day to you, Sir

• Advertisement

Mr Alan wrote: »
    just did a little jump onto facebook and i was most definately mistaken in my initial assumption and i apologise, IB if this comes to pass.......
    .....gimme a shout ;)
    :eek:

Stop stalking me burd, you creep.
    Well, young Desmond, if that's how you feel i shall be going out to Bray by myself on saturday night

now good day to you, Sir

I was washing my hair anyway.

LOL....is part of Bray not in Dublin..?

Wannabes tbh.

You should hear the accent on IB when she's in Dublin, and the difference when she's in Wickla.

Embarrassing isn't the word for it. :pac:.

Is it as bad as Steve Mclaren last week..?

RuggieBear is the CMod.

Do you know him? He's big and furry. Lives in a big blue house.

I only know he is from Bray because a few months ago I was slagging off Bray in the Soccer mods forum and I got put back in my box.

LOL....is part of Bray not in Dublin..?
    I don't think so, unless it's gotten so big that it has crept over? Don't think so though.
    Is it as bad as Steve Mclaren last week..?
    Yesh.
    I only no he is from Bray because a few months ago I was slagging off Bray in the Soccer mods forum and I got put back in my box.

There's a joke there about a Bray Box that I probably shouldn't make...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

CLOWN.;)

You will be banned coz of that i tell ya:D

****ing class news...cao messed up and i actually got into arts, ucd :D:D:D or IADT

Arts?Thats for girls dude,my gf study that...estie is girly nananananan:pac:

i aint no creep des :(

• Advertisement

This Bolt is an alien,he made this WR like he is on some training....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Arts?Thats for girls dude,my gf study that...estie is girly nananananan:pac:

yeah girlfriend...*wink* *wink*

Its not art delija...its arts.....actually why is it called arts does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Tom Dunne is leaving Today FM to join Newstalk. I like his show! That's a blow to the station

monkey9 wrote: »
    Tom Dunne is leaving Today FM to join Newstalk. I like his show! That's a blow to the station

Newstalk?

Will he be bringing his music with him?

Perhaps we should ask him directly, he's on Boards.

Tom Dunne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Seriously??? I can't get Newstalk cause there is no reception for it in Belfast. I'll miss his show. Top quality music on it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

wow two pages since I last posted, the off-topic thread is back! by which i mean Al, Des & IB are back... wheres Neil this is the busiest its been without him
    What was he dq'd for?

I stopped watching right after the race.

infringing on the runner beside him's space or something like that at the start of the race, he literally just put on foot on the line once.

Its not art delija...its arts.....

Thats even worse:eek:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Who are Serbia playing tonight Delija?
    You have a new manager I just see now.

Ah mother just arrived home with subway footlong for the match...Yummm!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Newstalk?

Will he be bringing his music with him?

Perhaps we should ask him directly, he's on Boards.

Tom Dunne

He starts next month, doing the breakfast slot. It's not a music show.

Who are Serbia playing tonight Delija?
    You have a new manager I just see now.

I am going insane!!!! We lost in volleyball against USA so dramaticly,OMG!!!! I feel terrible

We dont play tonight,new coach?We replacing them like a hoses,nothing better than previous

He starts next month, doing the breakfast slot. It's not a music show.

They are getting rid of Gilroy?

I don't believe it, that Claire one I can understand getting the chop, but I always liked Ger Gilroy...maybe he'll be back on Off The Ball hopefully.

Hmm, Tom Dunne doing the Breakfast, interesting.

I liked when he used to fill in for D'Arcy.

It's not the breakfast show he's getting.

he's going up against D'Arcy/Tubridy/G Ryan

Good news this, I like Tom Dunne.

Tom Dunne is going to the mid morrning slot 9 to 12.So Ger is alright.

By the way volleyball is not a real sport....not for men anyway it just looks wrong,I was watching a bit of that USA 'game' and it was ridiculous.

By the way volleyball is not a real sport....not for men anyway it just looks wrong,I was watching a bit of that USA 'game' and it was ridiculous.

I say all the same for all sports that are popular in Ireland and sucks by opinion of the rest of europe,its normal,volleyball isnt popular there same as waterpolo,basketball and a lot of other sports,but its same with "your" sports in the rest of europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Anyone see the the Olympics highlights show last night on RTE 2, they showed the women's hockey semi-finals. Germany/China game looked excellent, but what tarnished it was some dude called Frank? commentating. Shouting his head off, like yer man commentating on the basketball but about 20% more psycho.
    When the clip was finished, good aul' Bill shouts 'That was FRRRAAAAANK with the hockey' lmao.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I say all the same for all sports that are popular in Ireland and sucks by opinion of the rest of europe,its normal,volleyball isnt popular there same as waterpolo,basketball and a lot of other sports,but its same with "your" sports in the rest of europe
    I think delija what he is saying is the when compared to women's volleyball - girl's jumping up and down all over each other, rolling around in the sand, giving in to the bi-curious tendancies - men's volleyball just doesn't cut it.

As for Gah not being 'manly' looking to the rest of Europe - we give 30 men big sticks and send them out to war, helmets optional. Grrrr.

• Advertisement

up and down all over each other, rolling around in the sand

wtf the **** volley ball do you watch?! is it on redtube.com? if so.....................thats not actually REAL volleyball.

shh you. Ruining an entire sport with your realistic views. Booooooooooo!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I feckin love the Olympics. I can stick on the tv at any hour of the day and there's some sport on. Doesn't get much better than that.

Personal favourites this time round have included - Volleyball (Indoor and beach, men and women), table tennis, handball, water polo, hockey, swimming, athletics, weight lifting and all that velodrome indoor cycling stuff. Quality.

Morrning all,I am starving.....I skipped breakfast as the Liverpool V Man Utd tickets are on sale today and I had to get in early to get on line and buy them.

you get tickets alright? heard twas a bit of a nightmare online this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Tom Dunne is going to the mid morrning slot 9 to 12.So Ger is alright.

Tom Dunne is probaly my favourite DJ at the mo, will defiinitly check out the new show. Today FM are going down hill big time, have really gone off the Ian Demsey breakfast show so much so that Ive been listening to I102 the mornings now.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    you get tickets alright? heard twas a bit of a nightmare online this morning.

Yea I got two on the kop it was a nightmare as far as PTS sale goes as its normally very handy but this game is different.Still some tickets available now it was just all use in a mad rush this morrning that made the system slow to a crawl.

Yea I got two on the kop it was a nightmare as far as PTS sale goes as its normally very handy but this game is different.Still some tickets available now it was just all use in a mad rush this morrning that made the system slow to a crawl.

What date is the game???

I have been offered tickets for the Pool Manc game at OT. Only problem is they are from a Utd official so they are in a Home area. As a pool fan would it be ok to be in with the home fans?

ibh wrote: »
    What date is the game???

I have been offered tickets for the Pool Manc game at OT. Only problem is they are from a Utd official so they are in a Home area. As a pool fan would it be ok to be in with the home fans?

Apologies for the 'on topic' post.

That game is down for the 14th Mar but could be changed for TV.I know a good few lads (liverpool fans) who were at the game last your in Old T,but it was easy for them to hide as we did not have much to cheer in that game.

• Advertisement

Struggling big time today at work. Got a couple of fillings at the dentist yesterday and still fcuking sore today.
    As well as that I have 2 ingrown toenails, one on each big toe and i busted one playing football the other day. Pissing blood out of it and then had to do some hacking at the nail to try and put it right.
    Then some fcukwit stood on my toe at the train station this morning. He apologised then looked at me funny when i almost died with the pain of it.

Roll on the weekend which seen as i work in Belfast, is a Bank Holiday!! Wooo Hoo.. Surfing in Sligo will probably be on the agenda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

ibh wrote: »

How will you react if Liverpool score?
    You'll probably get a few funny looks if United score and you're sitting there goin' f**k sh!t f**k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Sky+HD is going to be installed today sometime between 11 and 1! Ahhh, the joys of watching sport on my 50 inch Bravia on 720p. Also got Devil May Cry 4 for the 360, it's badass.

Forgive me for bring up old posts but i have no tinernet at home at the moment, as my BF is supposedly trying to organise a new supplier for me but he is very busy being unemployed and watch girls soccer.

anyhoo...........
    LOL....is part of Bray not in Dublin..?.

It most certainly is not...........how dare you :mad:

[/QUOTE]I only know he is from Bray because a few months ago I was slagging off Bray in the Soccer mods forum and I got put back in my box.[/QUOTE]

i got banned for slagging off bray - touchy lot these soccer mods :D

You should try to and organize a Bray Boards Beers....:)

You should try to and organize a Bray Boards Beers....:)

err....may be not

i try my best not to social with brazialians unless i have to

• Advertisement

racist

I think delija what he is saying is the when compared to women's volleyball - girl's jumping up and down all over each other, rolling around in the sand, giving in to the bi-curious tendancies - men's volleyball just doesn't cut it.

As for Gah not being 'manly' looking to the rest of Europe - we give 30 men big sticks and send them out to war, helmets optional. Grrrr.

I am saying its all about popularity.Example,how many countries in Europe are crazy about rugby,cricket and sports like those?

I understand sports like waterpolo and volleyball sucks to you coz they dont have tradition in Ireland,but we playing it for decades and we are very successfull,thats the point,i bet it would be very popular in Ireland too if you were top 5 on the world in it for decades

I am saying its all about popularity.Example,how many countries in Europe are crazy about rugby,cricket and sports like those?

I understand sports like waterpolo and volleyball sucks to you coz they dont have tradition in Ireland,but we playing it for decades and we are very successfull,thats the point,i bet it would be very popular in Ireland too if you were top 5 on the world in it for decades
    Yea but still, compared to women's volleyball it just can't compete.

Yea but still, compared to women's volleyball it just can't compete.

Well we had both teams on this olympics,but man voleyball is more popular,simple reason,we are top 5 for the last 50 years and with wimmins not so much of success,although its better thing to watch for those neutrals

eZe^ wrote: »
    Sky+HD is going to be installed today sometime between 11 and 1! Ahhh, the joys of watching sport on my 50 inch Bravia on 1080p. Also got Devil May Cry 4 for the 360, it's badass.

So...is it good?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement