Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Des wrote: »
    Bernard "Olé Olé" Dunne is on talking about the boxing.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Talk about rolling the bandwagon in.

I don't get the Ole Ole reference??

Now that i think of it, i don't know what bandwagon? Boxing? Olympics?

Brain's on a bit of a work-to-rule today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Me thinks you're obsessed with the "ole,ole brigade" betty :p
    Yeah, I hate them.
    ibh wrote: »
    I don't get the Ole Ole reference??

The crowd singing Olé Olé, it's cringey.

Anyway. Get in. Guaranteed silver for Ireland now in the boxing. Egan beat that SundIreland bloke 10-3.

:eek::eek:

Oh good god.

Lepregoon suits all over the boxing stadium.

Embarrassing. Utterly Utterly embarrassing.

Making clowns of the country.

Shameful carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

41CX0WG88DL._AA280_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

^^^^^^^
    thats my cousin

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

After Dustin's effort at the Eurovision I'm not sure our national image could take another hit like that.

• Advertisement

Is that big fella in the RTE studio Michael Carruth?

Jaysis. He's let himself go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Yeah, delivery times are ok.

When is the birthday?

Well, the thing I'm ordering is only available for pre-order and I've told my friend that and she says she doesn't mind waiting. The thing is, the birthday is next week and it's not out until October. So I'm wondering if I should just pay a little extra and buy it from Zavi or HMV so I can walk right in and get it when it comes out, or have her wait another week or two for delivery when it eventually comes out.

Generally they are posted the day or two before the release date so that it's there a couple of days after the release date. The money to be saved buying on Play.com is considerable but there is always the chance it goes missing and you can't report it for 14 days.

I've had 2 controllers and a game go missing in the last 3 months. Bought plenty more that made it but it's no guaranteed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Is there a forum on Boards that deals with foreign languages and learning them??

Generally they are posted the day or two before the release date so that it's there a couple of days after the release date. The money to be saved buying on Play.com is considerable but there is always the chance it goes missing and you can't report it for 14 days.

I've had 2 controllers and a game go missing in the last 3 months. Bought plenty more that made it but it's no guaranteed.

Wow, that sounds kinda dodgy. I think I'll check out the prices in town first.
    monkey9 wrote: »
    Is there a forum on Boards that deals with foreign languages and learning them??

Yep, under Soc---> Languages.

• Advertisement

Yep, under Soc---> Languages.

Jesus, i must be going blind. Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Apparently customs have been seizing products in postage from Play.com and you can only get them after you pay the duty on them. Think you are liable once it's value is >€20.
    They are based in Jersey so they are sold with no tax on them.

Brilliant value on Play though.

It wouldn't be nearly as bad if they didn't put a big bleedin 'PLAY.com' logo on the bag. Stupid idiots.

Mr. postman picks it up, "oooh play.com, value 40 euro, hmm, I wonder if this is worth stealing"

Well its either going to be a game, cd, dvd or gadget. Yes, Mr. Postman, it's worth stealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Congrats Ireland on another medal:)

ibh wrote: »
    Apparently customs have been seizing products in postage from Play.com and you can only get them after you pay the duty on them. Think you are liable once it's value is >€20.
    They are based in Jersey so they are sold with no tax on them.

Brilliant value on Play though.
    They've started shipping certain items from Budapest because of this. But it's still not the most reliable way to get your goods.

Try gamesnash.ie - supposed to be decent and no bull****.

Congrats Ireland on another medal:)

Do Serbia have any?

Do Serbia have any?

I think we are cursed this time.We just blew up everything,we expected 10-15 medals and stayed on bloody 2,and how to not be pissed when we lost now in waterpolo where we get some medal everytime.....This is just shocking,like some bad magic over us....:(

They've started shipping certain items from Budapest because of this. But it's still not the most reliable way to get your goods.

Try gamesnash.ie - supposed to be decent and no bull****.

By the way, did you get refunded for your stuff?

Eventually but you've actually just reminded me of something.

The price of the controller went from 41 euro to 29.99 and they only refunded me the 29.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Jimmy Magee must retire.

• Advertisement

The new Metallica single, its a grower, took me a few listens.

the guy who i love, whos name appears in the tags here, is coming back to Dublin in November! woooohoooooooo!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

The Wire or Deadwood...?

I got a lend of season one of The Wire & Deadwood,I am going to start watching one of them in a while but not sure which one.

the guy who i love, whos name appears in the tags here, is coming back to Dublin in November! woooohoooooooo!

I didnt realise Des was out of Dublin? Where is he? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

National Stadium again or a decent venue? Also, with or without Cardinals?

old cinema at top of o'connell st.

with cardinals, in fact, they have been renamed from Ryan Adams & The Cardinals to just "The Cardinals"

also i thought the national boxing stdium was a very good venue!

old cinema at top of o'connell st.

Great venue that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Are you a house husband Dub13?

Sexist imo.... should be house-spouse
    Dub13 wrote: »
    The Wire or Deadwood...?

I got a lend of season one of The Wire & Deadwood,I am going to start watching one of them in a while but not sure which one.

the wire the wire the wire the wire the wire the wire the wire the wire

Great venue that is.

Yeah, i really like that place. It's a venue that, even when sold out, you can still get down near the front by going down the sides and still get a great view.

• Advertisement

^^^^^^

certain parts of that may need to remain nameless

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Dub13 wrote: »
    The Wire or Deadwood...?

The Wire easily

Im the biggest Soprano's fan ever! and though nothing would ever come near it in terms of quality but the wire (all 5 seasons) are f*cking class!

be warned the its a slow burner and takes quite a few episodes to get you hooked.

Anyone here have setanta? Thinking of signing up but wondering is it a 5 minute job or do you have apply and wait a few days - fancy watching the Arsenal and Pool matches today.

it can be done fairly sharpish iirc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Takes a hour or so.Its worth getting imo

I definitly got addicted,4000th already for me...i love you guys!!!!*:D

*I didnt mean that for real,dont worry:pac:

• Advertisement

Well I got setanta - 20 mins after signing up on it came.

Just watched the Pool/Boro match. Shame Setanta don't do HD.

Delija in 5 months you've posted 33% more posts than I have in 4 years. Holy ****.

Finally got a PS3. Watched my first Blu-Ray there, Hellboy.

Holy shìt the quality is amazing.

Ah yes - deciding whether or not to go down the blu-ray road. I download most of the films I watch so I think I'll just download the high-def ones and stream them through the Xbox like I'm doing.

Might need a bigger cap on my broadband though.

I think Blu-Ray pretty much has HD buried. Haven't seen a HD dvd in a shop in months. Plus, the PS3 comes with a HDMI port as standard.

• Advertisement

On I know yea - I meant the blu-ray player road vs continue to download and stream movies road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Sleeeeeeeeeeeep is good.

The Wire easily

Im the biggest Soprano's fan ever! and though nothing would ever come near it in terms of quality but the wire (all 5 seasons) are f*cking class!

be warned the its a slow burner and takes quite a few episodes to get you hooked.

I'm a massive massive Sopranos fan and my Dad is at me to watch the wire. ill start it in september, we have the DVDs since my Dads now an addict!!

As for Blu Ray, I have a PS3 and all but I just cant bring myself to spend €25-30 on a blu ray dvd when I can buy normal ones for a fiver.

As for Blu Ray, I have a PS3 and all but I just cant bring myself to spend €25-30 on a blu ray dvd when I can buy normal ones for a fiver.

Where do you get your dvds :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The wire does rule.

Sherifu wrote: »
    The wire does rule.
    I fully endorse this product and/or service

is there anyway someone could find out if you changed something on their wiki?

for example, if there was a wiki about someone i know, and i added in an insult to them, could they find out it was me?

just out of curiousity.

Had an excellent evening in tonight, few friends around to the house tonight, cracked open some beers, wine, munchies. Stayin' in is definitely the new goin' out :)

Anyone watchin' the marathon there on BBC. Commentators are not impressed. The boys are feckin' legging it :D

Yes 3 posts in a row!!!!!
    F*ck yer sprinters, f*ck yer hurdlers, f*ck yer long jumpers, f*ck yer high jumpers, f*ck yer swimmers, that mararthon was unbelievable. 21 years of age took him just over 2 hours. Fantastic.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement