Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I'm after finishing up watching both seasons of Friday Night Lights, and alot of The Wire. So now I'm in the process of 'acquiring' Entourage Seasons 1, 2, & 3... Love that show. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

eZe^ wrote: »
    I'm after finishing up watching both seasons of Friday Night Lights, and alot of The Wire. So now I'm in the process of 'acquiring' Entourage Seasons 1, 2, & 3... Love that show. :D

I am also 'acquiring' Entourage at the moment although its taking a long time. I have only seen one episode of it but i like the cut of it's jib so i'm going to give it a shot.

Also working on Prison Break season 2 at the mo. Can't wait for season 7 of 24 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Entourage is the greatest man show. It has everything you would want squashed in to 30 mins. I am insanely jealous of lads, as the first time you pop your cherry to an Entourage marathon is something truly magical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Love entourage my fave show

Never been a prison break fan tbh, isn't there a couple of seasons where they aren't in prison at all? After the first season they just seem to be milking it! My friend got all of season 4 on dvd from Canada, happy happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I have just started to watch The Wire,very impressed so far.

Greatest entertainer of all time?

Elvis or Michael Jackson?

For me it's Jackson everytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I am insanely jealous of lads

Lulz

Richard Pryor/A dying Bill Hicks

You are so wrong its unbelievable.
    Just listening to Elvis here at the minute.

Are you lonesome tonight is one of the best songs of all time.

Michael Jackson is also good, but not on the same level.;)

• Advertisement

Disagree immensely, maybe I'm too young, but when I want to listen to some serenading guitar that pulls on the heart strings I turn to Eric Clapton before Elvis. He just seems too bland for MY liking.

He was by FAR the most talented member of the Jackson 5, at the age of 11 he seemed like one of the most talented artists around.

Michael Jackson overcame racial boundaries by being one of the first famous African Americans to feature regularly on mtv, he basically invented 'music videos' and in his career sold over 500 million solo records. I know it seems that these days his career is overshadowed by the controversial stuff, but when I was reading about his childhood it did seem a little strange. Imagine being 11, going on tours all across America with your brothers, and sleeping in the same rooms that your older brothers are having sex in with groupies every night. It's definitely going to be a little detrimental to your mental development!

I'm not trying to make excuses, and I am biased, but I honestly think he is the greatest entertainer ever. He will probably never be surpassed. If you were to take a vote among our generation and our parents generation of the 10 most famous people ever, the only ones ahead of Jackson would be the 'untouchables' like Jesus, Hitler and Mohammad.

UB40.

Anybody who disagrees gets a one week ban.

Disagree immensely, maybe I'm too young, but when I want to listen to some serenading guitar that pulls on the heart strings I turn to Eric Clapton before Elvis. He just seems too bland for MY liking.

He was by FAR the most talented member of the Jackson 5, at the age of 11 he seemed like one of the most talented artists around.

Michael Jackson overcame racial boundaries by being one of the first famous African Americans to feature regularly on mtv, he basically invented 'music videos' and in his career sold over 500 million solo records. I know it seems that these days his career is overshadowed by the controversial stuff, but when I was reading about his childhood it did seem a little strange. Imagine being 11, going on tours all across America with your brothers, and sleeping in the same rooms that your older brothers are having sex in with groupies every night. It's definitely going to be a little detrimental to your mental development!

I'm not trying to make excuses, and I am biased, but I honestly think he is the greatest entertainer ever. He will probably never be surpassed. If you were to take a vote among our generation and our parents generation of the 10 most famous people ever, the only ones ahead of Jackson would be the 'untouchables' like Jesus, Hitler and Mohammad.

Have to agree to disagree. Bad wa the album of the 80's and thriller was good, but still not even close to the King. Buy some albums and give it a shot.

I think you'll find Charlie Chaplin was the original international superstar, more brains and talent than either of them.

ibh wrote: »
    Have to agree to disagree. Bad wa the album of the 80's and thriller was good, but still not even close to the King. Buy some albums and give it a shot.

I've tried, I really have. I guess it's probably down to the fact that when growing up my parents gave me a healthy diet of Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Pink Floyd, Cream, The Eagles, The Police, etc. If Elvis was in there maybe the nostalgia factor would play a part, but now I just can't get into him. It feels like his music has aged terribly, whereas Michaels still feels fresh...

Hi lads, its quiet in here, God knows why since theres nothing at all whatsoever going on! Just a boring Monday afternoon really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

My head hurts and I need sleep :(

Im supposed to be studying but Ive been in and out of the bloody garage all day re gettin the car fixed. :( "The part will be in tomorrow bud"....great, why have I been sittin here 2 hours...:rolleyes:

Then there have been "other" distractions this afternoon, 1 week to go and this is my worst days study in weeks :(

Xavi6 wrote: »

Only 6 more hours and then u can sleep!

Im gonna go study until 11 and watch the last hour of chaos!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Xavi6 wrote: »

man why dont you sleep,what time is it there?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

QUiet in here today - think the transfer threads are hogging all the action.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Everyone are into this transfer madness,no time to think off the football:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

very quiet in here today, everyone must be too busy keeping on topic

anyway, this entertained me no end:

beckhampk6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Ha!

I know exactly how you feel Bex, exactly how you feel.

He's not wearing the leather jacket in the first few pics!! Looks like 2 different days to me?!

Hilarious though, shame on her for taking herself so seriously!! :pac:

And Des, in fairness, we were all checkin Dimirtri out!! :pac:

I don't know what exactly it is, but there is something very 'I wouldn't tap that' about Posh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

He's not wearing the leather jacket in the first few pics!! Looks like 2 different days to me?!
    meh, still funny
    And Des, in fairness, we were all checkin Dimirtri out!! :pac:
    :cool:

He wanted me though.
    I don't know what exactly it is, but there is something very 'I wouldn't tap that' about Posh.

I'd do her, no doubt.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Des wrote:
    I'd do her, no doubt.
    Seriously? Christ, Stop sign comes into mind when I think of her. That and the fact that she is in no way Posh at all. At all.

No thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Two different days, unless he went for an outfit change and when he came back even the seats were different.

Still funny though :D

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    I'd do her, no doubt.

I just don't see it, and I reckon she would be a terrible bounce. She just seems so robotic.

I definitely would... Come on lads, lets not be getting up on our high horses about such things... =)

I'd give her one, wouldnt give her 2!! :pac:

I just don't see it, and I reckon she would be a terrible bounce. She just seems so robotic.

Would ya not just do her to say ya done Beck's woman? :pac:

With a few Captian Morgan's onbaord I probably would, but I certainly wouldn't go sniffing around her.

Nothing more unappealing than an average brid who thinks they are the sh/t.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Would ya not just do her to say ya done Beck's woman? :pac:

That could be a swayer alright, but then I might catch the ghey.

• Advertisement

That could be a swayer alright, but then I might catch the ghey.
    and a million dollars a week :pac:

and a million dollars a week :pac:

Hmmmm........the ghey for a cool million per week?

Hmmmm........the ghey for a cool million per week?

Hang around LA for a couple of weeks then dump her and lose the ghey :pac:

Hang around LA for a couple of weeks then dump her and lose the ghey :pac:

Interesting. Where can I sign up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Des wrote: »
    I'd do her, no doubt.

I wouldn't touch her with yours :pac:

Too feckin' boney *shivers*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

10 years ago definitely.

bohsman wrote: »
    10 years ago definitely.

Yes she was top class back in the day.I would still get up on her now but I don't think I would brag about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

She was always my favourite Spice Girl. That black dress in the 'Wannabe' video.........oh to be 11 again.

I'd definitely give her the ol 'One, two Uniflu'.

out of ten, i'd definately give her one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Hello Off Topic. Just back from Edinburgh, great city.

But bloody hell I feel out of touch. Trying to follow deadline day by looking at televisions in pubs and getting the odd frantic text was frantic.

Hello Off Topic. Just back from Edinburgh, great city.

But bloody hell I feel out of touch. Trying to follow deadline day by looking at televisions in pubs and getting the odd frantic text was frantic.

Fantastic city for a piss up. What part were you staying in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Fantastic city for a piss up. What part were you staying in?

Can't for the life of me remember the name but it was pretty central. Near the Meadows and about a 5 minute walk from the castle.

Cool thing was, when I arrived on Sunday the Fringe festival was coming to a close and there was a huge fireworks display.

Morning/Afternoon gents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

tumbleweed.jpg

^^^^^

very true

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement