Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Lads what do yee work at!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

"who is your daddy and wat does he do!"

i am a secret agent. Xavi is a lap dancer.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    "who is your daddy and wat does he do!"

i am a secret agent. Xavi is a lap dancer.

lol nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Xavi is a lap dancer.

And a damn good one at that. Apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I've seen him in his pants. He'd be a good dancer, no doubt.

And yes Al, Get Blown Away is a deadly song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Source?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Anyone else bookmark that thread after clicking on the link :pac:;)

Smegball wrote: »
    Anyone else bookmark that thread after clicking on the link :pac:;)

Aye.

Funny all this golf talk, I played golf on saturday...hungover...and enjoyed myself!! :o

• Advertisement

Hate Golf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Ah, I miss logging into Off-Topic at work. I don't miss work though.

Des wrote: »
    Hate Golf

Me too but I had fun on sat. Maybe cos I wasnt studyin in a library!

Heads up lads, Metallica and Kings of Leon are on Jools Holland at 10 tonight on BBC 2, thats gonna rule!!

Stolen from 365, but check out what the wimmins be talking about on their [edit]NONONONNO! JUST NO! No NWS links here thanks - GY

Stolen from 365, but check out what the wimmins be talking about on their [edit]NONONONNO! JUST NO! No NWS links here thanks - GY

Baffling!!

new Kings of Leon album = excellent. absolutely excellent. 2 favourites so far are "Closer" and "Use Somebody"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Im off to Rome for a week for my brothers wedding! Best man so all important and stuff. Will be the first time in my life people HAVE to listen to me. Might throw in a few comments on the merits of the 4-2-3-1 system and the falicies of Rafa's Rotation while im at it...

Out of curiosity, does anyone know whether the bloke who appears on SSN, and radio shows etc. as 'Paddy Power' giving the latest odds on whatever is current interest (e.g. next Newcastle manager), is actually the bloke who founded, and presumably owns the company, or is he some run of the mill pr guy that is simply referred to as Paddy Power.

Des wrote: »
    Hate Golf

Ah its not that bad. Hate Rugby and Cricket though

and marmite and licorice and brussel sprouts

i like whiskeytown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

i like whiskeytown.

I've never been. It's sounds promising though.

yea Charlie he seems a bit young to be THE Paddy Power doesnt he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Out of curiosity, does anyone know whether the bloke who appears on SSN, and radio shows etc. as 'Paddy Power' giving the latest odds on whatever is current interest (e.g. next Newcastle manager), is actually the bloke who founded, and presumably owns the company, or is he some run of the mill pr guy that is simply referred to as Paddy Power.
    A question I too have pondered.

"Paddy Power was founded in 1988 by the merger of three existing Irish high street bookmakers. The company also markets its services in the UK and is a publicly quoted company, listed on the Irish and UK stock exchanges."

I always assumed he was just a pr frontman.

Sherifu wrote: »
    A question I too have pondered.

Assume u mean Pompesi Popopescu on Romanian SSN yea?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Assume u mean Pompesi Popopescu on Romanian SSN yea?!

Sherifu wrote: »

Yea was pretty much a fail wasnt it!!

• Advertisement

Anyone seen Pineapple Express?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I did. Some good laughs, but overall I didn't think it was brilliant.

I thought some of the gags were great and there were some real subtle p1sstakes of action movies there too. definitely better than anything Will Ferrell has done since Anchorman.

The trailer for the new Ben Stiller movie looks like itll be fun but BIZARRE!

cam sex is overrated

Anyone seen Pineapple Express?

No, meaning to see it though. Massive fan of Seth Rogen. Somewhat letdown by Superbad, but Knocked Up is the best comedy I have seen in the last five years. Epic lolz to be had in that film.

• Advertisement

Neil-stop giving my mobile number out to boardsies!

getting texts during the game last night and today....just found out who it was.....****ing Des! :D

Am I the only one who wants to give Ricky Hatton a good slap when he is sporting those ghey hats of his.

lost any respect i had for him when he got Rooney to carry his belt into the ring for one of his fights. Man City fan my arse.

No, meaning to see it though. Massive fan of Seth Rogen. Somewhat letdown by Superbad, but Knocked Up is the best comedy I have seen in the last five years. Epic lolz to be had in that film.

Didnt think klnocked up was THAT funny. Good but not brilliant. thought Superbad was epic!!
    Trilla wrote:
    cam sex is overrated

Pics or GTFO!!

Mr Alan wrote:
    Neil-stop giving my mobile number out to boardsies!

getting texts during the game last night and today....just found out who it was.....****ing Des!

It had to be done, sure it was only Des!! Wouldnt have given it to anyone else. Also just to clarify, he asked for it, I didnt just volunteer it!!

What ya think of Jools Holland last night?!

And wats wool!?!

lost any respect i had for him when he got Rooney to carry his belt into the ring for one of his fights. Man City fan my arse.

And he wanted us to win in Moscow!! He's mates with Rooney though....he wasnt exactly wearin a United jersey or anything. Plus Rooneys a scouser!

lost any respect i had for him when he got Rooney to carry his belt into the ring for one of his fights.

You lost the respect you had for him because of that!!!!!!!!?

Didnt think klnocked up was THAT funny. Good but not brilliant. thought Superbad was epic!!

Not a chance. Superbad was the kiddies version of Knocked Up.

Am I the only one who would hit the fcuk out of this Katy Perry wan?

Just got caught (again) staring at one of our sexy project managers... oh what I would do to her

Trilla wrote: »
    Just got caught (again) staring at one of our sexy project managers... oh what I would do to her

sneaky low res mobile pics, or GTFO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

Pics please. Heading to Munich beerfest for my Godson's stag(yes I'm that old) funny the last time I was considering going, there was a recession on and couldn't afford it this time... ah well feck it I'm looking forward to it.

Pics of GTFO

sneaky low res mobile pics, or GTFO!

Beat me to it!!

It had to be done, sure it was only Des!! Wouldnt have given it to anyone else. Also just to clarify, he asked for it, I didnt just volunteer it!!!

was only joking, i dont mind, just dont give it to Boggles ;) i actually had a little feeling it was him.
    What ya think of Jools Holland last night?!

And wats wool!?!

Thought jools holland was good. really like the french chick actually. Thought KOL were decent. would have liked more than that tune. guitarists new hair cut is a joke. Metallica are ****e. Lemar should be shot.

and you're a wool :)

was only joking, i dont mind, just dont give it to Boggles ;) i actually had a little feeling it was him.

Why would I have anything to do with boggles?

Mr Alan wrote:
    Thought jools holland was good. really like the french chick actually. Thought KOL were decent. would have liked more than that tune. guitarists new hair cut is a joke. Metallica are ****e. Lemar should be shot.

Haircuts are irrelevent, its all about the music, thats somethin a girl would say!! Metallica are teh awesome and u bite your tongue....they rocked! The crowd loved them too....seriosuly, how can u NIOT like that song? Funny u say that, I said to Des "shoot this fcker" when Lemaar came on....... Des called me a snob for sayin that.... i think he probably wanted to say that to me since he met me cos it wasnt really the word!! I thought that guitar chick (names deserted me) was real sexy.

So what is a wool? Cos I had a different definition of wool I think to you! :P

A question I saw posed on 365:

Which would you rather; a filthy bird, one who is an absolute dirtbox in the sack, or a gorgeous bird, who you'd happily bring round to the 'rents for the Sunday roast?

Melissa all the way. But are we talkin one night or girlfriend material here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

PP was founded in '88 by 3 irish bookmakers who pretty much merged. that Paddy Power guy IS really high up in the company tho and his name really is Paddy Power. I think he just bought into the company a few years ago after he made his fortune in construction

Melissa all the way. But are we talkin one night or girlfriend material here?

Girlfriend, but the two ladies I linked, were only examples. Its more about the concept.

Girlfirend then its option B

reminds me of the saying "we all want a sirloin steak, but every now and then theres nothing better than a greasy burger"

A - greasy burger

B - steak

• Advertisement

Hate Rugby and Cricket though
    The Limited Overs and Twenty/20 versions of Cricket are bleedin' great fun.

Oh my jesus, I just started a new job today and there's a deadly chick in the training class. I seated myself near her so I'd be on her "team" if any of them group thingies cropped up.

Worked a charm :D
    Thought jools holland was good. really like the french chick actually.
    Carla Bruni, wife of French President Nicolas Sarkozy.

Google her.

Do it.
    Metallica are ****e.
    gtfo.

They are bang back on form with this new album.
    I'm still hurt you called me that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement