Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Anyone here listen to Brazilian electro indie band CSS (Cansei de Ser Sexy). Got into them recently and they are a real change of pace from what you usually here out there. Big thumbs up from me.

Now now Al, just cos YOU don't like them, and a thread with 6 replies (not all of which are giving out) doesn't like them, doesnt mean its sh1te!

In fact, Ive seen mostly positive reviews from the experts (who would be those who make a living writing music reviews)

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

They're the first 4 links that came up when I googled it. Hardly slated! ;):):)

As for the boards beers, compromise, it was both your ideas! Now be happy!! Should do another one at some stage. And defo when Xavis home! An Ot beers even! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

What's an "ot" beers?

Sounds suspiciously like Dmitri would be there.

Therefore I couldn't be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Des wrote: »
    What's an "ot" beers?

Therefore I couldn't be.
    Off topic beers would be my guess??

Ever get the feeling its going to be a long day, ive got that feeling! :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Every day is a long day where I work. Trouble is I'm lucky to have a job at all so people keep telling me I shouldn't complain. Bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

My 'Robinho 10' shirt arrived in the post today. Good times! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

you're such a little jersey whore!:D

Des-i got that text at 10.40.

Lads, serious question.

If a job rings you asking about the salary you'd be targetting and they say at the end that someone will contact you next week. When would you expect them to ring? That was Friday and still haven't got a call. Getting a bit worried now because my notice in my current place is done in 2 weeks. I got a good reference from the people I know etc in the place im targetting. But just a tad worried.

Call them tomorrow afternnon explaining the situation regarding your notice. Certainly don't leave it over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

+1 to ringing them, a friend of mine was in a similar situation a few months back. He rang the company, turned out they couldn't get onto him as quickly as they thought because of an issue with the position.

• Advertisement

Grand, I'll do that so. It's wierd because what happened was I work for a mortgage brokers and we deal with this bank quite a bit. They heard people were being let go and called me first seeing if I was interested etc. Have had 3 calls in total and the last being about the salary on Friday & the lady that called me said would it be ok if someone contacted me next week. I was expecting a call Monday or Tuesday.. hmm.. I'll go with what you lads said and give them a buzz tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

You asked for too much money. No job for you.

"alanmurphy83 - Bustin chops."

Des wrote: »
    What's an "ot" beers?

Therefore I couldn't be.

Beers amongst the OT thread folk, tho soccer beers is a better call!

Dimitri was a spy from the GAA forum sent to infiltrate us soccer folk and take the forum down!

Highly unlikely we'll see that wanka ever again...I hope!

:D

Afternoon gents, have a few lolz:

stapled.gif

I'm going to have to get my arse up to Dublin for one of these boards/soccer/ot beers nights.

Although let it be noted that I do object to the fact that venues outside Dublin (such as the taun) are rarely considered.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

right, lads, who wants to give me a new job

The church of scientology were looking for people I hear.

really what their pension like

breaking news on Sky News this morning,flashing across the bottom of the screen.....

Republic of Ireland enters recession!

did we not know that already?:confused:

afternoon irishbint.

and Eskimo, why on gods green earth would the beers be outside Dublin when the majority of the users are from Dublin?

• Advertisement

Mr Alan wrote: »
    breaking news on Sky News this morning,flashing across the bottom of the screen.....

afternoon irishbint.

does this recession thing mean, i have to stay in my hateful job?:(

afternoon, allie

not too fond of being called that irishbint :(

yes, i'm afraid it may be wise for you to stay in your job for the time being

not too fond of being called that irishbint :(

yes, i'm afraid it may be wise for you to stay in your job for the time being

strangly enough, i am not too fond of being called irishbint but sure what can you do about it - eh! allie?

you can tell me that......

if you dont like me calling ya that, just say...i'm not a monster,i'll stop now.

wat would you prefer i call you?

ROFL at Allie!! Make ya sound all sensitive and.....wait a second!!

Afternoon IB, been a while since this thread has had us all on for a madday waffle!! U gonna become a Go Ahead Eagles fan? (pending vote:P)

shut up you snobby oaf!

ouch! ;)

Pffffff, you call that breaking news? Breaking news is when some bloke can't carry out his jetpack flight between the channel because of a few clouds. Thats the news I tune in for! :pac:

shut up you snobby oaf!

ouch! ;)

u got the oaf bit right anyway :(

Al, I know that deep down you're a sensitive chap hidden in an angry mans body!! How's work today?! The bosses are out for me tomorrow so a boards day will be had!!

work is going grand.

our teams contract is up for renewal at the minute so the execs of our two companies are meeting on monday and doing a tour of the place, gotten new screens,keyboards,chairs....place is spotless (well, not quite yet, but it will be)...fun times.

• Advertisement

What exactly is everyone's job on here? Or is that TMI?

i work for an insurance company.

I'm a tech support monkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Software Engineer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Hey Hey all ,

KaG is going for boards president :D , lend some support for Soccer Forum Poster and most important a Go Ahead Eagles Super Farmer !!

Hup Super Farmers.

Linkage : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055385466&page=2

Side note I am tech support this is supressing my boredom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

bum student with an ear infection :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Unearthly wrote: »
    bum student with an ear infection :(
    Your studying Proctology?

work is going grand.

our teams contract is up for renewal at the minute so the execs of our two companies are meeting on monday and doing a tour of the place, gotten new screens,keyboards,chairs....place is spotless (well, not quite yet, but it will be)...fun times.

Makes for a change so! Better empty your drawer of all that filth u keep in it!! :)

I work as a trainee accountant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Mr. X wrote: »
    Your studying Proctology?

close

Accounting

Makes for a change so! Better empty your drawer of all that filth u keep in it!! :)

ha ha! i cleared out my desk on Tues, and i actually found an aul naughty dvd that definately aint mine!!!! must have been the occupant at this desk before me (rochey)

Des-went to HMV, they dont have that movie there, i'll have another route around over the weekend for it. promise.

on that note, i am now listening to the Princess Bride soundtrack (done by Mark Knopfler) some lovely stuff on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

on that note, i am now listening to the Princess Bride soundtrack (done by Mark Knopfler) some lovely stuff on it.

I'd laugh at you only I'm listening to Cat Stevens, and have been most of my life.

• Advertisement

ha ha! i cleared out my desk on Tues, and i actually found an aul naughty dvd that definately aint mine!!!! must have been the occupant at this desk before me (rochey).

I dunno Al, u had some collection of filth built up by the time I left! You probably bought the DVD and then forgot about it! Though I wouldnt be suprised if it was Rocheys either!!

Funny that, I had the very best of Dire Straits on in the car on the way to work this morning....needed a change as all Ive listened to all month is 3 new albums (Slipknot, Metallica and Kings of Leon)....great stuff.

I'm a journalist, an editor to be exact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Flamin' journos :pac:

Broke postgrad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

ha ha! i cleared out my desk on Tues, and i actually found an aul naughty dvd that definately aint mine!!!! must have been the occupant at this desk before me (rochey)

Des-went to HMV, they dont have that movie there, i'll have another route around over the weekend for it. promise.

You listen to some awful sh!te, Al

Broke postgrad.

+1 to that brother. After doing a degree, and just finishing a masters, I now find out that the country is officially in a recession. Fuppin lovely!

+1 to that brother. After doing a degree, and just finishing a masters, I now find out that the country is officially in a recession. Fuppin lovely!

Well I guess I can't complain, I've only just started so hopefully the situation will be better in two years! I'm getting great money doing tutorials but unfortunately it's a mere dent out of my fees.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I'm a journalist, an editor to be exact.

May I ask for what publication?

Well I guess I can't complain, I've only just started so hopefully the situation will be better in two years! I'm getting great money doing tutorials but unfortunately it's a mere dent out of my fees.

I'll probably have to get some sort of McJob in an office for 18 months before the industry can start to turn around again.

I'll probably have to get some sort of McJob in an office for 18 months before the industry can start to turn around again.

What industry are you trying to get into?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement