Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

What industry are you trying to get into?

Legal. Have a law degree (1.1 f we're bragging) and a masters in commercial law, and I have been told in no uncertain terms that unless daddy knows the boss, the hopes of me getting a training contract with a decent firm are slim and his friend none.

Likewise, the ancillary industries law grads usually go into, finance, funds, etc. are all equally fooked.

To top it all off, I have to start making repayments in a months time for a loan I took out 2 years ago to go traveling, thinking at the time (foolishly) ah sure there will be jobs a plenty.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

+1 to that brother. After doing a degree, and just finishing a masters, I now find out that the country is officially in a recession. Fuppin lovely!
    Go travelling!! Jobs a plenty in Australia and the sun is shiny and the chicks are goddesses.

EDIT - Ah, so you have done the travelling thing.

Go travelling!! Jobs a plenty in Australia and the sun is shiny and the chicks are goddesses.

EDIT - Ah, so you have done the travelling thing.

That was a consideration, and still is something to look at in 6 months time. But right now, my finances require that I pull up the socks in good old Eire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Ouch. Well fair play on the 1-1 degree and masters, not much more you can do than that.

Bloody nepotism eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

May I ask for what publication?
    A website called www.supplychainlogisticsnews.net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

This blue skin is bleedin horrible.

Better have the green back soon.

Ouch. Well fair play on the 1-1 degree and masters, not much more you can do than that.

Bloody nepotism eh?

Cheers. I guess downturns are always to be expected, but my god, the legal industry is one hell of an old boys club. Even the regulatory aspect of it is bent as fcuk. Had I known what I know now, when I was deciding what course to do, I think I would have gone down another path. :(
    Des wrote: »

I've always been a default man, so no change for me. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I've always been a default man, so no change for me. :)

Yup, me too!!!!!
    Homer: "Default? Woo hoo! Default: the two sweetest words in the English language... de fault, de fault, de fault (punching sounds)"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Another default guy here. By the time I found out how to change skins, I was too used to this one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

when everyone says australia 'birds' are hot aren't they just english living in the sun?

when everyone says australia 'birds' are hot aren't they just english living in the sun?
    Well, no. Not really.

Australia has a rich ethnic mix of people living there; Asians, British, Mediterranean, South American, African, Middle Eastern, not to mention the Aboriginal population. All of these people have been moving to Austraila in the last 200 years, have interbred, and produced some of the most stunningly beautiful women on the planet. Yes indeed, there are a lot of munters who wouldn't look out of place in St James' Park, but every country has those, it's just that in Australia, with it's climate, and laid back attitude to life, you are extremely likely to bump into a hot-pants wearing, bikini-clad lovely on any day of the year.

You should go there in a few years, experience it for yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It's great being on the default. No visible interruption of services. \o/

there are a lot of munters who wouldn't look out of place in St James' Park

Oi! 2.gif

Geordie girls are the biz, sauce:

Cheryl_Tweedy.jpg

3.gif3.gif3.gif

Wouldn't touch her with yours Charles my boy.

Wouldn't touch her with yours Charles my boy.

You my good man, are simply wrong.

Cheryl would definitely get the spaff.

• Advertisement

Well, no. Not really.

Australia has a rich ethnic mix of people living there; Asians, British, Mediterranean, South American, African, Middle Eastern, not to mention the Aboriginal population. All of these people have been moving to Austraila in the last 200 years, have interbred, and produced some of the most stunningly beautiful women on the planet. Yes indeed, there are a lot of munters who wouldn't look out of place in St James' Park, but every country has those, it's just that in Australia, with it's climate, and laid back attitude to life, you are extremely likely to bump into a hot-pants wearing, bikini-clad lovely on any day of the year.

You should go there in a few years, experience it for yourself.

Me ma lived there...don't plan on going.

Nice human population movement lesson though.

BTW happy recession everybody...

cheryll cole is clearly hot des.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

she is very hot.

she is also very soiled goods Charlie/Estie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Mr Alan wrote: »
    she is very hot.

Yeah but it wouldn't stop me soiling them again.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    she is very hot.

Ashley Cole having sex with a girl! Watch yourself Al, those sort of implications are potentially libelous.

• Advertisement

What Des said but also - Aussies are far closer to americans in terms of likeness than the English. Similar lifestyles, habits and stuff. When you think of hot Australian girls think of hot american girls only easier on the ear and lot more down to earth.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Sounds like one of those random magazines off Have I got News for You that they do the blanked out headlines round on.

on the subject of ladies, i was just thinking today, a lot of irish girls have javier mascherano face structures....take that for whats its worth.

By the way estie.

Not a fan of Wispas?

Nope. and thats how the cookie crumbles..

just think they are overrated. like people dropping to their knees in adoration when they see a box of them.

Nope. and thats how the cookie crumbles..

just think they are overrated. like people dropping to their knees in adoration when they see a box of them.
    That's because they are sexy.

Although, Wispa Gold. Now there's a chocolate bar that just oozes sex appeal.

only chocolate I like is drifter. i only have them when im having coffee which is not often.

on subject of food, does anyone know how i can enter an all you can eat hot dog competition? i reckon i'd win.

Wispas are alright, but it did bug the fcuk out of me how people went ape sh/t over their return. I think a fair number of them were just mongs getting caught up in the hype/fad.

The only bar that would warrant such aplomb, would be the Top Deck, if Cadbury's got the finger out and brought her back. Nyom, nyom, nyom!

AFAIK, Xavi, you are probably still able to get Top Decks in Oz? Lucky cnut.

Top Deck is nice alright, and yeah, are available in Australia.

BUT, they also have Triple Decks, white/milk/dark, and a few other varieties with flavours in them, like mint and such.

The ultimate Australia Chocolate bar though, is the Cherry Ripe

Cherry-ripe.jpg

I have one here beside me, which I'm going to eat after my dinner.

Go with the black skin, uses less energy....doing your bit for then environment and all that! :pac:

Also use www.blackle.com as your default search engine.

GTFO HIPPY!!

It wouldn't matter to most people but we;re not most people, the amount of time we spend on boards, being energy efficient would matter!! :P

On a sidenote...boards crashes with astonishing regularity.

And charlie, the day I seek an NFL watching, afternoon wánking, Geordie supporting lawyer for my dodgy dealings, I can rely on you yea?! :p

• Advertisement

on subject of food, does anyone know how i can enter an all you can eat hot dog competition? i reckon i'd win.

The George, Friday and Saturday nights.

I thought your dad is a solicitor Neil.

The George, Friday and Saturday nights.

Schwing!

I thought your dad is a solicitor Neil.

Not at all. That was a joke cos u keep callin me a snob!

Stemming from the D4 ***** all going on their first holiday with their mates this year and threatening Greek doormen with "My Dads a solicitor"......:rolleyes: wánkers.

On a sidenote...boards crashes with astonishing regularity.

Agreed, fuppin DB errors.
    And charlie, the day I seek an NFL watching, afternoon wánking, Geordie supporting lawyer for my dodgy dealings, I can rely on you yea?! :p

Is that a pop? Careful now Neil, you Southside rogger boys have a habit of getting yourself in a jam with the law. ;)

Top Deck is nice alright, and yeah, are available in Australia.

BUT, they also have Triple Decks, white/milk/dark, and a few other varieties with flavours in them, like mint and such.

Nyom squared!
    The ultimate Australia Chocolate bar though, is the Cherry Ripe

Tis what I would look for in the Aussie girls as well.

Jack Daniels drinker Charles?

Jim Beam is a far superior American Whisky, imo.

Jack Daniels drinker Charles?

Jim Beam is a far superior American Whisky, imo.

Don't need to tell me, I have a bottle of it here in the room. Feckin sig bars though don't accommodate for the Jimmy, but I still wanted to raise awareness of the Bourbon massif.

You a fan of Peated Whisky?

I have a bottle of Laphroaig here, it's damn tasty stuff.

I have a bottle of Laphroaig here, it's damn tasty stuff.

Damn smooth stuff.

• Advertisement

Is that a pop? Careful now Neil, you Southside rogger boys have a habit of getting yourself in a jam with the law. ;)

Not at all, more a joke. I mean i never had ya down for a lawyer! That's all. Ur always posting about your "lazy afternoons" :P In fairness though, im sure most of us are a lot different.

And yes those dirty Rock boys are a plague to be around. thankfully I dont associate with those wánkers.

Damn smooth stuff.

You know what.

I was at a wedding in Scotland four years ago, and everyone had a miniture bottle left on their place at the tables.

I never opened mine.

Then, earlier this year I was in The Bull and Castle for a few drinks of a saturday night, and wasn't really in the humour for beer. I spotted the Laphroaig behind the bar, and got one.

My jaysis, I ordered a proper sized bottle from Scotland the next week.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Des what was that Lidi beer you recommended to me on her a few weeks back..?I may head into a Lidi over the weekend and try it out.

Dub13 wrote: »
    Des what was that Lidi beer you recommended to me on her a few weeks back..?I may head into a Lidi over the weekend and try it out.

+ 1

Goin to Lidl for beer in a while myself, that just reminded me!

I can't remember Dub13, sorry.

Neil, you can't get 'ken in Lidl, afaik.

I can't remember Dub13, sorry.

Not to worry I will have a search,I was talking about Miller in tesco been a great deal at 19.99 and you said Lidi had some mad sounding beer but it was nice and cheap.

I am sure I will find it.

• Advertisement

Not at all, more a joke. I mean i never had ya down for a lawyer! That's all. Ur always posting about your "lazy afternoons" :P In fairness though, im sure most of us are a lot different.

Well those lazy afternoons will be coming to a screeching halt soon. They we're a by product of having to do a dissertation for the last 6 months, whilst most of my friends went traveling and what not.

And being a Toon fan, constantly defending the undefendable, should have been an indicator for you. ;)

Neil, you can't get 'ken in Lidl, afaik.

:rolleyes:

That stuff tastes like @ss Des, gimme some credit. Any its a pinty o probs loike!

Found it Des.

Link

Ah cool.

Nice one.

Although, they do have some other quality beers there too.

Straw Poll time.

How do you pronounce Lidl?

Liddle?

Lie-dil?

Lee-dil?

You know what.

I was at a wedding in Scotland four years ago, and everyone had a miniture bottle left on their place at the tables.

I never opened mine.

Then, earlier this year I was in The Bull and Castle for a few drinks of a saturday night, and wasn't really in the humour for beer. I spotted the Laphroaig behind the bar, and got one.

My jaysis, I ordered a proper sized bottle from Scotland the next week.

Yeah, when you find a proper good Whiskey, you hold onto it. :D There's nothing like it is there? Doesn't even feel like you are drinking, just pure liquid gold.

Similar experience in that I was at a mates before heading out, and they were all doing shots of sambuca (:confused::mad::(). I hate the stuff, so he asked me would I do a shot of Whiskey. He took out one of those custom decanter bottles, and poured what has to have been the nicest Whiskey I have ever tasted. The soft sod, thought I was actually going to start necking the stuff down in one, and everyone was looking puzzeeled when I just sat there drinking and appreciating it, rather than using it as piss fuel Never managed to get the name of it off his old man, but I would assume it cost a pretty penny.
    Ah cool.

Nice one.

Although, they do have some other quality beers there too.

Straw Poll time.

How do you pronounce Lidl?

Liddle?

Lie-dil?

Lee-dil?

Definitely not no. 2, probably no.1 more often than not.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement