Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Neil's dad probably has two bottles of it so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Des wrote: »
    Neil's dad probably has two bottles of it so.

Jeez, you're really ragging on him with that one today. Can't say it didn't get a LOL out of me though.

Jeez, you're really ragging on him with that one today. Can't say it didn't get a LOL out of me though.

He's been like that for a while!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Liddle.

Tattoos on a girl Yes or no...?if yes were...?

Dub13 wrote: »

Yes, lower back, may as well be a target!

I wouldnt mind at all, sure im gonna get a few myself, dunno about a bird who looks like a Hells Angel though.

A big fat no from me. They either look horribly tacky, or horribly cliche.

Yes, lower back, may as well be a target!

Thats about the only place i like one on a chick.MrsDub13 has one there....but I cant help thinking its going to look very silly when she is 60 odd.Maybe I will have traded her in you a younger Swedish version by then and it may not be my prob.

Thats about the only place i like one on a chick.MrsDub13 has one there....but I cant help thinking its going to look very silly when she is 60 odd.Maybe I will have traded her in you a younger Swedish version by then and it may not be my prob.

That argument never bothers me, we're all gonna look awful when we're 60 regardless of tattoo, so a tattoo's not exactly gonna be the difference between looking ugly and looking like a model!

we're all gonna look awful when we're 60
    I'm not.

• Advertisement

I'm not.

You already look awful!

You already look awful!
    Meh.

At least I'm getting some.

Meh.

At least I'm getting some.

How do u know Im not?

I'm not :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Mmmmmm, just got me an ice cold Perlenbacher from the cool box. Sweeeet :)
    Tis the last one tho' :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

its so hard getting a job...

its so hard getting a job...

Tell me about it estie.

I had to go back to a place I was in 2 years ago, on much less money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

ah ye should have worked in tk max.

Went to see "Righteous Kill" tonight, entertaining film to watch. I absolutely love both deNiro and Pacino so I'd have settled for anything to be fair! But it was a good film, not a classic like Heat but enjoyable.

Watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall at the moment, an my word is Mila Kunis a solid 9. I never really rated her, but perhaps thats because she played that annoying bint on Thats 70's Show.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Straw Poll time.

How do you pronounce Lidl?

Liddle?

Lie-dil?

Lee-dil?
    Saw an ad on the telly in Italy for it and it was Leeeee-dil.

But then most continental languages pronounce I and we do E.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

To summarise my thoughts on the last few pages -

Aussie birds = Amazing

Cherry Ripe is manky

Cheryl Cole would get it but she's a skank

Wispa Gold are teh sex

Liddle

Lower back tramp stamps ftl. In fact, 99% of tattoos ftl.

Watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall at the moment, an my word is Mila Kunis a solid 9. I never really rated her, but perhaps thats because she played that annoying bint on Thats 70's Show.

Get the boat, she's a 10 in that film!! Her eyes are unreal!

That film is funny as hell too, wasn't expecting much but i never stopped laughing at it. Even the needless male nudity is funny just because it's so unnecessary.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    To summarise my thoughts on the last few pages -

Aussie birds = Amazing

Cherry Ripe is manky

Cheryl Cole would get it but she's a skank

Wispa Gold are teh sex

Liddle

Lower back tramp stamps ftl. In fact, 99% of tattoos ftl.

To add to your summary.

Des already looks terrible and we'll all look crap when we're old.

Aussie birds are unreal. Had a couple of holiday flings with Aussies and all I'll say is they're a LOT more direct than Irish birds! Plus they're all tanned, and by Jesus the accent gets me EVERY time!

Cherry ripe is manky.

Cheryl is a skank and she's been with Cashley which is a big GTFO tbh. She is hot sh1t though.

Wispa's are over rated :eek: Don't get me wrong, I like them and bought one the other day but the only reason people think they;re the second coming of Jessica Alba is because they were out of action for so long.

Liddle

Lower back tats, dead giveaway for a chick who's up for it! Lots of tattoos = epic lose but a lot of tattoos can be epic win also......Tribal bands = lose, shamrocks/cross/leprechaun/Celtic crest/ANY crest/celtic band/pic of your bird/any tattoo on face/Roman numerals of your squad number etc all = EPIC lose. But some can be quite artistic.

Robert se Niro is a legend.

Al pacino is also a legend.

Mila Kunis has blossomed!

Where's everyone today? I've a golden ticket of internet use for the day, and its Friday! this will be a good day!

What's everyones weekend plans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Footie, Cinema, throw in some rugby, food, hoping for nice weather.

FRIDAY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO

Go Eagles.

Righteous Kill tonight Pacino and De Niro rock on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

band camp tonight, football tomorrow afternoon,gig tomorrow night,sleep sunday morning,dinner sunday afternoon,mams house sunday evening.

Where's everyone today? I've a golden ticket of internet use for the day, and its Friday! this will be a good day!

What's everyones weekend plans?

Well out with herself tonight.

Then derby day tomorrow so I will be getting very very drunk :D .

Lads, when our GAE win the vote we'll have to make it a mission to have a pint after a game with Overmars.

EDIT ~ o ffs, been seeing this girl two months now and she met my family there the other night. Now she just texted me asking to come up to hers. SHe has fecking 4 older brothers. I am scared!

EDIT ~ o ffs, been seeing this girl two months now and she met my family there the other night. Now she just texted me asking to come up to hers. SHe has fecking 4 older brothers. I am scared!

How old are you?

Well my weeknd is cans tonight (gonna keep it cilivised though, wanna have a productive weekend....gonna try organise a kickabout tomorrow....watch United in the afternoon......undecided tomorrow evening but will be watchin Barca - Espanyol then most likely Match of The Day with lads as usual.....Sunday is open until the evening when i go to the leinster Musnter match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Leinster Fan ya? Boo-urns!!

Mr. X wrote: »
    Leinster Fan ya? Boo-urns!!

i was born here and live here, who else would I support!

At least i go to the games.....unlike other provinces who show up only for the "big ones" :P

• Advertisement

How old are you?

Well my weeknd is cans tonight (gonna keep it cilivised though, wanna have a productive weekend....gonna try organise a kickabout tomorrow....watch United in the afternoon......undecided tomorrow evening but will be watchin Barca - Espanyol then most likely Match of The Day with lads as usual.....Sunday is open until the evening when i go to the leinster Musnter match

22 :o

Most of them wont be there but still. Squeaky bum time lol

Stone broke after the hols so I just stuck a six pack of Harp into the fridge and will attack them later on tonight. Going to watch the scousers tear each other new arseholes tomorrow and then the Man Utd match in the afternoon. Match of the Day will either be watched or recorded or I could end up playing FIFA for the night with whoever comes round to watch the matches.

Sunday will take its course in whatever way it seems fit.

I have an interview Tuesday! Lets hope it goes well, wooohooooo!

22 :o

Most of them wont be there but still. Squeaky bum time lol

22 and still scared of the older brothers?! :P

Ah you'll be grand, as long as she's not like 15? otherwise you're ok! If she likes ya then they;ll only bitch about u when you're not there!

22 and still scared of the older brothers?! :P

Ah you'll be grand, as long as she's not like 15? otherwise you're ok! If she likes ya then they;ll only bitch about u when you're not there!

ahha , just a tad nervous is all :p .

Naa it's going really well actually and she met the family there last week. I've done all this before with other girls but not with a family this big! Gonna be crazy, I cant even get drunk :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Na you are definitely in for some wedgies, wet willies, etc etc.

and thats just in your interview :)

I have an interview Tuesday! Lets hope it goes well, wooohooooo!

Best of luck

Na you are definitely in for some wedgies, wet willies, etc etc.

and thats just in your interview :)

Bustin chops! :pac:

Don't forget the mandatory bogwash.

We'll know the brothers killed him if he;s not posting after the weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

You know it.

I like this forum as I can come in bust chops and leave.

Working the late shift today 12-8. Sickens me on a Friday. The other days don't bother me because I get a lie in and when all the management go home at 5/6 the office is dead and relaxed.

Friday though, watching everyone go home at 5 is rough.
    You know it.

I like this forum as I can come in bust chops and leave.

You ever watch much of scrubs. There's an episode when the Janitor go around hanging people and generally dishing out abuse. They ask him why and he just says "Bustin chops..."

• Advertisement

Best of luck

Cheers

Don't forget the mandatory bogwash.

We'll know the brothers killed him if he;s not posting after the weekend!

Haha indeed! I will bring my passion for the Eagles along with me. Then nothing can go wrong :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Neil, i am taking you up on that offer of Boardeaux matches when the season starts.

I'll even let you pick me up (in your car obviously, as opposed to physically, although he could do it, strong guy is our neil):)

Working the late shift today 12-8. Sickens me on a Friday. The other days don't bother me because I get a lie in and when all the management go home at 5/6 the office is dead and relaxed.

Friday though, watching everyone go home at 5 is rough.

I used to work 12-8 shifts (back when I was working with Al). I didnt mind them, nice lie in, and the last 2-2.5 hours were p1ss, always very quiet. Fridays I agree was bad as I normally start my pre drinkin at 8 so itd cost me an hours drinkin time which make me :mad:

I also didnt like the way it made me miss training sometimes which sucks. But the lie in is all good!

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Neil, i am taking you up on that offer of Boardeaux matches when the season starts.

I'll even let you pick me up (in your car obviously, as opposed to physically, although he could do it, strong guy is our neil):)

What offer? What's all this?

Aye the lie in is bang on. I do the late shift every other week so it's lovely on the weekend before the late shifts because you know you can get rat-arsed and you've a week of lie ins to recover. Just always gets me on the Friday, I stand at the window like a lost child watching everyone else leave. sniff. sniff.

Mr Alan wrote: »

Done, I was meant to go to one of the pre season games to play and see if I was up to it but the exams got in my way so I missed my window :( Looks like cheerleader is the best alternative!!

We can be Des' assistants and provide useless obvious analysis like "they're killin us in the middle, maybe put an extra man in there"......"But we already have 6 in there"....."I'm just sayin"....

Aye the lie in is bang on. I do the late shift every other week so it's lovely on the weekend before the late shifts because you know you can get rat-arsed and you've a week of lie ins to recover. Just always gets me on the Friday, I stand at the window like a lost child watching everyone else leave. sniff. sniff.

I have this to look forward to aswell.

Bastards on the early shift leaving at 3.30 on the Friday, after me only comng at 2.30.

Horrible experience tbh.

It's great the other way round though.:)

Done, I was meant to go to one of the pre season games to play and see if I was up to it but the exams got in my way so I missed my window :( Looks like cheerleader is the best alternative!!
    I'll get the skirts and boob tubes ordered. And pom-poms.
    We can be Des' assistants and provide useless obvious analysis like "they're killin us in the middle, maybe put an extra man in there"......"But we already have 6 in there"....."I'm just sayin"....

I already have an assistant manager.

And someone else who thinks they are an assistant manager (hi hj :))

Des, remember I pm'd you ages ago about the Boards team but you's had already started. Still looking for players? I can play a bit ;)

• Advertisement

I'll get the skirts and boob tubes ordered. And pom-poms.

I already have an assistant manager.

And someone else who thinks they are an assistant manager (hi hj :))

Do u need a waterboy? Or a sub!

Des, I dunno if myself and Al in boob tubes pom poms would so much distract the opposition as have then running away hence we win by forefit!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement