Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

Well just back to work after a 2 hour lunch, and as you can see I'm working REAL hard! :pac:

In the same boat here too. Couldn't give a **** about this place now that I am going. Boards addict atm.

I'm not going anywhere.... I'm just making the most of the bosses day off!

I worry about how bad I'd be if I was going!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I'm working REAL hard!

Aye Right. :rolleyes:

(For old times sake and with selective quoting)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

KaG reminded me of something i was thinking about on the way home on the dart on Wednesday.

Kevin Costner-wat a ****ing great great actor. Definately one of the most under rated actors of our time i think.

Yeah he is good.

The Untouchables was class. 90's were his era.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    KaG reminded me of something i was thinking about on the way home on the dart on Wednesday.

Kevin Costner-wat a ****ing great great actor. Definately one of the most under rated actors of our time i think.
    I dont think anyone ever denied him his acting abilities - it's his directing and producing abilities that normally came under fire.

Namely waterworld and the postman. Brutal.

Dances with Wolves is one the all-time great modern Epics though.

Untouchables
    Dances With Wolves
    JFK
    The Bodyguard
    Field Of Dreams
    Perfect World
    Open Range
    Robin Hood Prince of Thieves
    Tin Cup

seriously good films in there

it's his directing and producing abilities that normally came under fire. Dances with Wolves is one the all-time great modern Epics though.

Waterworld is decent enough, dont know why it got the slating it did, certainly not as bad as people say it is.

He has directed 4 films ever, one of which you yourself call "one of the all time great modern epics", thats not too shabby is it?:confused:

• Advertisement

Waterworld really sunk his career I feel.......

Chris Griffin: "i'm confused, how does Kevin Costner keep getting work"

JFK is amazing, LOVE that film. I could watch it over and over. Tin Cup is good fun.

Whats that one where he's on the boat and the chick wants to learn how to sail? Was on TV the other night?

Mr Alan wrote: »
    dont know why it got the slating it did, certainly not as bad as people say it is.

Probably cos it cos about 5 times as much as most films cost to make.

Aye - He directed one Epic and then Waterworld (which was, frankly awful and worthy of the slating it got) and the The Postman which goes down as one of the worst of all time.

He is a decent actor and normally makes the characters he plays very likeable, but he is capable of the odd motion-picture crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I think Chris Griffin from Family Guy said it best - "How does Kevin Costner keep getting work?"

Probably cos it cos about 5 times as much as most films cost to make.

Yeah it was labelled the apolocapse now that went wrong. Meaning using a HUGE budget & not making nearly as much back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,684 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The Postman

Dear Christ it was bad.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I think Chris Griffin from Family Guy said it best - "How does Kevin Costner keep getting work?"

See 2 posts up! :pac::P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Field of Dreams is an Epic movie, perhaps one of my favorites. The only film I have ever had a lump in my throat and welled up a little whilst watching.

This scene gets me every time

Hey Dad. Do you want to have a catch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

tbh i enjoyed waterworld. Yeah it cost far far too much to make, but just as a movie it wasn't that bad at all imo, for an action movie. Got pretty unlucky what with the whole set sinking and having to be redone too...

The Postman on the other hand....interesting concept i suppose in theory, but in reality....

The only film I have ever had a lump in my throat and welled up a little whilst watching.

Have you ever seen "Reign over me"?

• Advertisement

Have you ever seen "Rein over me"?

Srs? You pansy.

Only one film has set me off - 'All Dogs Go To Heaven'.

('The Notebook' almost had me)

I haven't actually seen the Postman. Just wiki'd it, interesting concept to say the least.....not even worth watching for the laugh no? Any growler?

Srs? You pansy.

Watership Down as a little tike got to me big time :(

Have you ever seen "Rein over me"?

No, but I have been meaning to give it a download watch. Would you give it the thumps up?

Srs? You pansy.

Oh come on, the whole behaviour of Sandlers character (while playing almost the typical Sandler role) is caused by what happened to him. When a normal person starts behavin like Adam Sandler you know they have PROBLEMS! that film was sad man.

U call me a pansy and admit to having seen the Notebook! :confused:

No, but I have been meaning to give it a download watch. Would you give it the thumps up?

Yea i would. Its, eh, how to put this, "moving".....*goes off to flex and do manly things.

Meh, it got me sex

Game, set, match :p
    Meh, it got me sex

Although, a very valid point!

Meh, it got me sex

Now try gettin sex without seeing the Notebook!

A real man would have said "you watch it, Im goin to the pub with the guys. Give me a call when its over and I'll come home and give you a good seeing to" :pac::pac:

Stop talkin bout teh secks, its been a while :( *searches phone for go-to booty calls

Stop talkin bout teh secks, its been a while :( *searches phone for go-to booty calls

That jaunt in to Coppers with your old man brought no luck?

• Advertisement

Neil, the movie with the girl on the boat was "message in a bottle", which also features a kick ass performance from Paul Newman. Its also one which will choke you up. I would've included it in my list of Costner awesomeness, but i thought i might be mocked about my sometimes femine tastes :o

The notebook is decent, but not as good as most silly bint like to make out. ****ing Rockford is in it for ****s sake.

and Reign Over Me is ****ing brilliant too.

A lesson folks courtesy of our good friend -

This -
    A real man would have said "you watch it, Im goin to the pub with the guys. Give me a call when its over and I'll come home and give you a good seeing to" :pac::pac:

leads to

This -

That jaunt in to Coppers with your old man brought no luck?

Could barely stand up straight when I got there dude! No chance!

Note: I didnt actually go with my Dad!

Could barely stand it up straight when I got there dude! No chance!

I'm pretty sure you can get pumps, or some sort of pills, for 'problems' like that. Perhaps that is the root of your secks famine.

Note: I didnt actually go with my Dad!

Go, happened to bump into, call it what you want.

A lesson folks courtesy of our good friend -

This -

leads to

This -

Touché! :D

But part 1 was referring to if I had a girlfriend, part 2 is because I dont! :o

I'm pretty sure you can get pumps, or some sort of pills, for 'problems' like that. Perhaps that is the root of your secks famine.

Go, happened to bump into, call it what you want.

I've tried them all but alcohol wins them over every time! :P

First Des, then Al, then Xavi, now you (again)..... :( I'm gettin teh abuse in here, here Al tell us more about your curious taste in music, get this heat off my back will ya!

I just got a funny PM asking me why I had Deventer in my sig, the message finished with "I once spent a night in jail in Deventer"! :p The word is spreading!

PS - I havent and wont name who sent it, so is what Ive done against any rules?

Mr Alan wrote:
    Neil, the movie with the girl on the boat was "message in a bottle"
    Thats the one. Saw about 5 mins of it the other night.
    Mr Alan wrote:
    The notebook is decent, but not as good as most silly bint like to make out. ****ing Rockford is in it for ****s sake..

Couldn't possibly ever ever watch it.
    Mr Alan wrote:
    and Reign Over Me is ****ing brilliant too.

+ 1

Nah not really. You didn't name them or post the content of the message. Should be fine.

• Advertisement

First Des, then Al, then Xavi, now you (again)..... :( I'm gettin teh abuse in here, here Al tell us more about your curious taste in music, get this heat off my back will ya!

Teh sympathies, a classic ploy to lure teh wimmins into the scratcher, pity none of them lurk round these parts.

Ah no, you have been getting the digs lately. Here, have a badger

badger.gif

Mushroom

@ monkey9, like I said, working on that :P

I also I had to fork out over €400 on my car this month so havent a bean. A 6 pack with the lads tonight will be the extent of my fun, after that its all about cheap/free things to do this weekend :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

@ monkey9, like I said, working on that :P

I also I had to fork out over €400 on my car this month so havent a bean. A 6 pack with the lads tonight will be the extent of my fun, after that its all about cheap/free things to do this weekend :(

Yore Ma is my cheap thing to do this weekend.

I know this isn't after hours but alas

Yore Ma is my cheap thing to do this weekend.

I know this isn't after hours but alas

Watch your mouth, I know where you live roughly:pac:

Touché but yore ma will be in mine after hours

Watch your mouth, I know where you live roughly:pac:

Touché but yore ma will be in mine after hours

I dunno what disturbs me more, your "yore ma" comment, or the fact you think you know where I live.

• Advertisement

I know what rough vicinity you're in. Ill start door to doorin saying "Are u Alan Murphy?"

I know what rough vicinity you're in. Ill start door to doorin saying "Are u Alan Murphy?"

Ah yes I remember after posting. Either way I like my chance and anyway I wont be home I'll be off with yore ma.:)

Oh wait crap now you can just stay at home and wait for me.

facepalm.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Nghahhahhhhhhh....

So Irish girls nights out are pretty much the same as Irish guys nights out in terms of alcohol consumption? :(

Urrgghhh.

Sketch lads, the boss is in and she doesn't sound happy! :pac:

Hope you're supporting the Eagles by the way GY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

GuanYin wrote: »
    Nghahhahhhhhhh....

So Irish girls nights out are pretty much the same as Irish guys nights out in terms of alcohol consumption? :(

Urrgghhh.

that was a bit out of the blue!

but yeah, most girls i know end up absolutely demented by the end of the night. Often i would say moreso then the guys.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement