Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

GuanYin wrote: »
    So Irish girls nights out are pretty much the same as Irish guys nights out in terms of alcohol consumption? :(

Yes unfortunately they don't 'keep' themselves as say Californian or Aussies chicks.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    that was a bit out of the blue!

but yeah, most girls i know end up absolutely demented by the end of the night. Often i would say moreso then the guys.
    Absolutely. I'd say girls are a lot worse than fellas for getting **** faced because most of them have a diet of vodka and cigarettes these days so don't really have the body mass required to survive a night on the tiles.

Nothing hotter than a drunken chick falling out the door of a nightclub with her dress riding the arse of her. Oh yea.

Nghahhahhhhhhh....

So Irish girls nights out are pretty much the same as Irish guys nights out in terms of alcohol consumption? :(

Urrgghhh.

in keeping with the off topic thread, a post off the beaten path! :P

Actually GY, Irish girls at times are WORSE than the lads. Hence why im looking for overseas models, more efficient!
    Ah yes I remember after posting. Either way I like my chance and anyway I wont be home I'll be off with yore ma.:)

Oh wait crap now you can just stay at home and wait for me.

facepalm.gif

But Ill be at your house with yours! :P

Nothing hotter than a drunken chick falling out the door of a nightclub with her dress riding the arse of her. Oh yea.

An all too common sight in Dublin :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Bloody hell, i can't wait to go out tonight now!!

An all too common sight in Dublin :(
    Not exclusive to Dublin let me tell you. Dundalk's streets are an ocean of food wrappings, puke stains and even the odd pool of dried blood each Saturday and Sunday morning. And I imagine that is common situation up and down the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

god bless the eurosaver menu....curly fries, two double cheeseburgers and a soft drink for 5 euro. Class.

your man behind the counter was an awful tool though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

How can anyone "keep themselves" when they drink so much. I stopped long before everyone else and I'm still very, very unhappy today :(

I'm never drinking vodka ever again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I'm never drinking vodka ever again.
    That's one of my favourite ever sentences. I'm forever using it. Chin up GY, it's the weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Jameson time!*

*sorry friends :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Staropramen is one of the nicest beers I've had in a long time.... Multiple bottles last night led to a very very good night out, freshers week means too many night out with too little time! Feeling pretty good iswell today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Becks vier is such a nice lager.

It makes people do such silly things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I like soda and lime.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Has anyone seen that Diesel Safe For Work video?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

thing i miss most bout austria (well, after the beautiful but yet really nice people, the mountains, the snow, the sunshine...) is the tasty clean beer which you can drink vats of yet still feel fine and dandy the next morning.

Oh Edelweiss, my love, how i miss thee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I lived in Vienna for a few months when I was younger.

Went really well last night and I am still alive :D

Now to watch Pool Everton and get sloshed :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

4 lads last night

ate out of that pizza gaf beside Harcout Diner and Abra. Sick as hounds this morning, well 3 of us are. 2 of us werent drinking.

Never again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

is it just me or are the audience in soccer am really starting to annoy me with the cheering and EEHHHHH every 2 mins.they are getting over excited about everything on the show these days.
    that new presenter isnt great either.

• Advertisement

had a good nite last nite, fixed that "problem" of mine too!!! :pac:

the new presenter of soccar a.m is dull for me. Tubes interview with 50 cent was hilarious though.

Neil, in case you fancy watching it for the millionth time, Point Break is on BBC 1!

Such an awesome movie.

eZe^ wrote: »
    Staropramen is one of the nicest beers I've had in a long time.... Multiple bottles last night led to a very very good night out, freshers week means too many night out with too little time! Feeling pretty good iswell today...
    Staropramen is the best beer ever. Especially if you actually buy it in prague where its 70c a pint.

Neil, in case you fancy watching it for the millionth time, Point Break is on BBC 1!

Such an awesome movie.

Haha! Was just watchin 5 mins of it with the lads, I'm literally able to quote the script of that film at any time! They found that fascinating! It's awesome!

But i own it on DVD and guesstimate without exaggeration that I've seen it about 80 times over the last 10 years or so.....so I'm not that disappointed I didn't see it!!

2-0

Wrecked.

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Went to see Dragonforce last night, hilarous cock-rock, spinal tap type show they put on, but it was entertaining.
    Note: Eating a curry before going out, and another on the way home might not be the best of combinations, especially with about 10 pints of grolsh mixed in.....my ass is producing some serious stuff here all day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just in from the boozer and settlin down to watch City. Absolutely lovely day today so hit the beach for the first time in about 6 months. Quality!

gucci wrote: »
    Went to see Dragonforce last night, hilarous cock-rock, spinal tap type show they put on, but it was entertaining. !

Id rather blend my balls then see that utter tripe...:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Just in from the boozer and settlin down to watch City. Absolutely lovely day today so hit the beach for the first time in about 6 months. Quality!

You and your Aussie ways. 2.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

You and your Aussie ways. 2.gif

Ha ha how do you get the smilie face?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Yeah it was ok, i got free tickets, and to be honest, I wanted to just say I seen the feckers! Wanted to lamp the bass player with a bottle or something, talk about a up his own ass idiot! What does a band like them need a bass player for anyway? To source drugs?

• Advertisement

ajeffares wrote: »
    Ha ha how do you get the smilie face?

Its from the F365 forum (those lads have some quality ones 3.gif) I just bookmarked a few (using copy image location over said smiley) and use them here where I feel appropriate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Its from the F365 forum (those lads have some quality ones 3.gif) I just bookmarked a few (using copy image location over said smiley) and use them here where I feel appropriate.

Classic

Went to see Dragonforce last night, hilarous cock-rock, spinal tap type show they put on, but it was entertaining.
    Note: Eating a curry before going out, and another on the way home might not be the best of combinations, especially with about 10 pints of grolsh mixed in.....my ass is producing some serious stuff here all day!

ill be seeing them in cork on the 13th. Should be good craic.

Yeah it was ok, i got free tickets, and to be honest, I wanted to just say I seen the feckers! Wanted to lamp the bass player with a bottle or something, talk about a up his own ass idiot! What does a band like them need a bass player for anyway? To source drugs?

:mad: Same reason any band have a bass player...so that the rhythm section functions properly.

I need some good music, I was in a massive electo-band phase with the likes of MGMT, crystal castles and lcd soundsystem for a few weeks. Need to move genre, either post-rock/ ambient rock or some hip hop. So it's between Sigur Ros/ Mogwai or Jurassic 5... Big difference there... :pac::pac:

I need some good music, I was in a massive electo-band phase with the likes of MGMT, crystal castles and lcd soundsystem for a few weeks. Need to move genre, either post-rock/ ambient rock or some hip hop. So it's between Sigur Ros/ Mogwai or Jurassic 5... Big difference there... :pac::pac:

Do u know the The Roots? If u like J-5 you should love the Roots.

I suggest going old school with King Crimson.

Go old school with some Arrested Deveolpment.

If you want new stuff, Common's latest album, or anything by Talib Kweli, should do the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Afternoon lads.

Had a fairly quiet weekend. Dinner and drinks with herself on friday evening, then stayed in last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Afternoon.

Has anyone seen Taken yet? Thinking of seeing it tonight.

• Advertisement

If you want new stuff, Common's latest album, or anything by Talib Kweli, should do the job.

Havent heard commons latest one, recommend it?

Talib Kweli is good, throw Mos Def in there too....

Afternoon.

Let me know what its like, gonna go midweek I'd say, goin to the match tonight so won't be able to go til then.

Do u know the The Roots? If u like J-5 you should love the Roots.

Of course, rising down is one of the best hip hop albums I've heard in the last few years. Although that's hardly difficult considering the utter shi*e on tv now... Kayne West's line in flashing lights about Nazi's makes me hate him even more than I already did. I looked on the Hip Hop forum and found ''All Natural", some sick verses and beats.

I suggest going old school with King Crimson.

I'd rather impale my eye on a rusty needle. :pac::pac: Not my thing, I'd be leaning more towards Pink Floyd/ The Police/ Zeppelin/ Gallagher if I wanted old school rock.
    Go old school with some Arrested Deveolpment.

Love all those artists. Talib Kweli collaborating with Mos Def as Blackstar is one of my favourite hip hop albums...

I watched Mr. Woodcock last night on sky anytime tv, jesus christ, how I wanted that hour and a half of my life back. And I enjoyed Bad Santa in a sadistic way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Ever listen to Handsome Boy Modeling School?

Their album "White People" is brilliant.

Havent heard commons latest one, recommend it?

Talib Kweli is good, throw Mos Def in there too....

As Jamie would say, its a top top album W'ichard. I really would recommend it though. He has been consistently churning out quality stuff for the last number of years, and his latest album seems to be the one where he is finally getting mainstream recognition.

Here's a taste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Afternoon.

Yep saw it about 6 weeks ago. A real lads movie. Definitely go see it.

Of course, rising down is one of the best hip hop albums I've heard in the last few years. Although that's hardly difficult considering the utter shi*e on tv now... Kayne West's line in flashing lights about Nazi's makes me hate him even more than I already did. I looked on the Hip Hop forum and found ''All Natural", some sick verses and beats.

Black Thought is a genius, simple as!! I hate rap music, but when you can find intelligent hip hop (The Roots, Common, Mos ef, Jurassic 5 to name a few) where the artists have something intelligent to say then you're onto a winner. I do really like Eminem though! But he's a lyrical genius when he wants to be.

eZe^ wrote:
    I'd rather impale my eye on a rusty needle. :pac::pac: Not my thing, I'd be leaning more towards Pink Floyd/ The Police/ Zeppelin/ Gallagher if I wanted old school rock.

Go for the Police, I've been on a police buzz myself lately! Playing along to Stings music always makes me :)

I watched Mr. Woodcock last night on sky anytime tv, jesus christ, how I wanted that hour and a half of my life back. And I enjoyed Bad Santa in a sadistic way...

Mind you, Susan Sarandon, I would. 3.gif

Des wrote: »
    Ever listen to Handsome Boy Modeling School?

Their album "White People" is brilliant.

Thought you were taking the piss! Funny name!

• Advertisement

As Jamie would say, its a top top album W'ichard. I really would recommend it though. He has been consistently churning out quality stuff for the last number of years, and his latest album seems to be the one where he is finally getting mainstream recognition.

Here's a taste

That vid isnt workin, but thanks, Ill check it out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement